Chapter 9 - The Plan

Prom15e to 13elieve

Quick note before getting started...
Chinese speaking is Italicized - "Like so"

And....ON TO THE STORY ^_^
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Plan

~Kibum POV~

Well, I don’t know how that maknae did it, but he managed to make two fake backstage passes to get us backstage. Took him five days of never leaving the hotel room (not like I left that much either), but he managed to create them and laminate them to look like the real thing. He truly is the evil maknae...

“Are we ready?” Kyuhyun asked, putting the hood of his black sweatshirt up over his head. I nodded and did the same with my gray sweatshirt. I then adjusted the clay on my face and smiled. While Kyuhyun was making the backstage passes, I had to go out and buy a soft clay that we put on our faces to reform them. Smooth it out and cover it with makeup, and we look nothing like Kibum and Kyuhyun of Super Junior. Kyuhyun nodded to me, and we grabbed our backstage passes, tickets, and other necessities before heading out the door and going to Hankyung-hyung’s concert. Good thing it was raining out, or we’d look like creepers with our big sweatshirts covering our faces.

We walked through the lobby of the hotel with our heads down and made it out into the rain. We managed to rent a car while we were here, so Kyuhyun got in the drivers seat and we were off. We drove in silence to the venue and managed to park the car.

“Ok, now where do we go?” I asked.

“This way,” he said, “Follow the crowd.” I followed him and once we turned the corner of the building, we were met with a group of about a thousand girls, chatting and fangirling over being able to see Hankyung in person. Kyuhyun and I took one look at each other before putting the hoods back over our heads and praying that nobody recognized us. We stayed toward the back of the crowd, trying to not stick out. Finally, after twenty minutes, they opened the doors of the venue. I waited patiently. Kyuhyun, on the other hand.

“Hyung!” he whined, “Come on! We need to get in!”

I rolled my eyes, “They aren’t going to shut us out if we have tickets, Kyu. Be patient.”

“But-“

“It’s not like we have to fight over our seats anyway,” I told him, “So sit here and wait patiently for everyone to go in before we head in. Nobody’s recognized us so far and I’d like to keep it that way.”

He pouted. Really?

“It’s not like anyone will recognize us when our noses look deformed,” he muttered. I sighed. Yeah, we weren’t very good with the clay...but at least it’s doing its job.

Finally, after almost an hour of waiting, I decided it was safe enough for us to head in. We handed the guy our tickets and headed into the venue.

“Which way?” I asked Kyuhyun. He could read the Chinese signs...I couldn’t.

“Follow me,” he told me. We walked around the venue before coming to the door to our seats. We went into the arena and were stunned at its size.

“Wow,” I breathed. The place was full to the capacity, and I doubt everyone had even shown up yet. The fans were all chanting Hankyung’s name together. The stage wasn’t as huge as Super Show concerts, but then again, it wasn’t being used by thirteen main stars. Kyuhyun and I headed up to the top row and sat in our seats. We bought four tickets so that nobody sat on either side of us and recognized us. We kinda wasted a little money and denied two poor girls seats, but better safe than sorry, right?

Finally, the concert started and everyone was screaming. The lights were going crazy on stage and then, out of nowhere, Hankyung walked on stage and began performing to “Moths to Flame”. The dance was really interesting, and I could see Hankyung-hyung was having a great time with it. I turned to Kyuhyun and saw he had tears in his eyes.

“He looks so happy,” he murmured, just loud enough for me to hear over the loud music. I looked back on stage, and he truly looked like he was having a great time. I looked down at my feet and thought. Were we doing the right thing? By telling him about Super Junior’s problems? Or should we just let him be?

The entire concert, that was on my mind. How could we tear him away from something he loves so much? We would be crushing his dream. That one time that he contacted me, he told me all about his solo career and how great it was. How much inspiration he had on so many people and how he felt like he was making a difference. He really loved it. Could we tear him away?

“Kibum,” I heard a voice say. I looked over and saw Kyuhyun shaking my arm. I looked back toward the stage and saw everyone leaving the venue.

Well, no use in doubting our decision now. It was time to put our plan into action.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

~Kyuhyun POV~

I know he’s happy with a solo career, but Super Junior needs him. He doesn’t understand how bad it truly is. We need him back.

Once the concert ended, I pulled Kibum’s arm, signaling him it was time to go. But, he wasn’t paying attention.

“Kibum,” I said, and he looked up at me. We looked into each other’s eyes for a second before he looked back at the stage. He closed his eyes and sighed, standing up.

“Let’s go,” he said. I nodded as well and stood up. We went down the steps and out of the venue. When we were in the lobby, we followed the signs for the backstage area. There was a small crowd, probably about 15-20 people. Kibum and I definitely stuck out. We stayed near the corner and waited for them to open the backstage area. Finally, a guard came out and escorted the girls all in. However, they checked for passes.

“Here we go,” I murmured. We showed our passes, and while the guard looked at us suspiciously (with good reason. We were two guys trying to get backstage to see Hankyung...I’d be suspicious too), but nodded his head, and we went backstage. Another guard was taking them on a tour, and they would stop to visit Hankyung for a few minutes before being escorted out. That was how it always worked at these concerts. Take a tour of backstage and meet the stars for five, maybe ten minutes (depending on the size of the group) and then leave.

We stayed toward the back of the group and got a small tour. I didn’t understand much of what the guard was talking about, but it was enough. I got the idea of what he had to say.

And here is stage entrance,” the guard said, but Kibum and I were looking for Hankyung.

Hey, bring this...Han Geng...for him,” I heard someone say. I snapped my head in that direction and saw a man handing a woman a package.

Ok, he...dressing room?” she asked. The man nodded and she smiled. I quickly grabbed Kibum’s arm.

“This way,” I whispered, pulling away from the group as they were entranced in the stage entrance from below. I kept my eyes on the woman while holding Kibum’s arm to make sure he didn’t get lost. We walked normally, blending in with the mass of staff running around. And nobody recognized us with our clay noses (which were really itchy by the way).

Finally, the woman stopped at a door. I pushed Kibum against the wall and peeked around the corner, watching her though she couldn’t see us. This hallway was pretty empty, which was convenient. She knocked on the door and, after a few seconds, it opened.

Good evening, Han Geng,” she said, bowing slightly, “Package for you.

Ah, thank you,” he responded. I felt my heart lift hearing his voice. It’s been so long...

Of course,” she said, bowing and retreating from the room. The door closed and the woman walked back in their direction. Kibum and I faced toward the wall so that she didn’t see us. Once she passed, we turned back around.

“I can’t believe that worked,” Kibum muttered, shaking his head, “The stupidest, most reckless plan I’ve ever heard in my life and it actually worked.”

“I’m just a genius,” I said, smirking.

Hey! Stop!” I heard someone shout. I turned and saw three guards running toward us.

“You spoke too soon,” Kibum muttered, seeing the guards running at us.

“Hurry!” I shouted, pushing him out into the corridor towards Hankyung-hyung’s dressing room.

Where are you going?!” one guard shouted. We reached the door and started banging on it.

“Hyung! Hyung!” we both shouted, hoping Hankyung would answer the freaking door. Come on, Hyung!

Unfortunately, the guards reached us before he opened the door. They grabbed us and pulled us off the door, pinning us against the wall.

Who are you?” one guard asked me.

We’re friends of Han Geng,” I said in Chinese, while Kibum nodded. Idiot, he can’t even understand me.

Yeah, you and about a million other crazy fans,” a guard muttered sarcastically.

We seriously are!” I exclaimed. I reached up to take the clay off of my nose, but the guard was faster, pinning my hand to the wall.

You got a gun?” he asked.

“What? No!” I was so surprised that it came out in Korean.

Korean fan, eh?” he asked, shaking his head.

Let us go!” I exclaimed, going back to Chinese, “We need to speak to Han Geng!

What’s going on here?” a voice asked, and I moved my head to see...Hankyung!

“Hyung!” Kibum and I exclaimed in unison.

He frowned, “Do I know you?

He – he didn’t recognize us? It’s only been a few months and he didn’t recognize us? I felt my heart drop until I realized that we had clay on our face.

“Hyung, it’s me! Kyuhyun!” I told him, “Tell him to let go of my arm, I’ll show you!”

Hankyung looked confused, but he told the guard to let go of my right arm. He did so, reluctantly, and I reached up and took the clay off. His eyes widened considerably and I could see the questions floating in his eyes.

“And that’s Kibum!” I said, pointing at Kibum next to me. Kibum smiled.

“Hey, Hyung,” he said, waving his wrist nonchalantly as he was pinned against the wall by the guard that was probably 3 times his size, “Long time no see.” Hankyung’s eyes were as wide as saucers. Well, considering we should be in Korea right now doing “No Other” promotions and filming a drama, I’d be surprised too. Speaking of...what ever happened to Kibum’s drama? I’d have to ask him later...

“Um, can you tell them to let go now?” I asked, pointing to the guard that was still holding me down. Hankyung-hyung shook his head quickly before nodding.

Um, let them go,” he told the guards in Chinese, “They’re friends.” The guards were hesitant, but they finally let us go. Hankyung then walked into his dressing room, and we followed. Not like we had anywhere else to go...

I closed the door behind us as Kibum took the clay off of his nose and cheeks, scratching at them. “Damn that stuff was annoying.”

“I don’t think we did it right,” I chuckled, noticing his nose was bright red. Mine probably was too. I turned to Hankyung-hyung, expecting to see him happy and shocked. But instead, I was met with his angry glare.

“What the are you guys doing?”