Chapter 35 - Wouldn't Want It Any Other Way

Prom15e to 13elieve

Wouldn't Want It Any Other Way

~Leeteuk POV~

Why are these guys so freaking expensive?! One dinner and I end up spending a fortune! I’m never paying again...

“Thanks for the dinner, Teukie-hyung,” Donghae said, slinging his arm around my shoulder as I pocketed my now empty wallet.

“Yeah, it was delicious,” Eunhyuk said from my other side.

“Donghae-ah, Hyukjae-ah,” I said, taking deep breaths, “If you know what’s good for you, you will step away from me now.” Immediately, the two of them took two giant steps away from me. I pinched the bridge of my nose and breathed in deep.

“Oh, calm down, Jungsoo,” Heechul said, using his fingers to pick some remaining food out of his teeth, “It’s just one dinner.”

I glared at him, “You saw the bill.”

Heechul shrugged, “Glad I didn’t pay for it.” Oh, next time Heechul. I’ll make sure of it...

“Let’s just relax and head back to the dorm,” Yesung sighed, stretching his arms out, “I’m exhausted.”

“My throat hurts from laughing so much,” Sungmin followed, massaging his throat.

“My stomach hurts from eating so much,” Henry groaned, holding his stomach.

“It amazes me that you ate more than Shindong,” Kyuhyun teased.

Shindong grinned, “I’m sticking to this diet!”

“You already look thinner, Donghee-hyung,” Zhou Mi complimented. He really did look thinner. He’s been losing weight for our next comeback, which will hopefully be within the year.

His face lit up at the compliment and he started skipping down the sidewalk.

“We should watch a movie together,” Ryeowook suggested.

“Which dorm?” Hankyung asked.

“And which movie?” Siwon followed.

“Nothing too scary,” Henry said, shivering.

“Oh, be a man,” Kyuhyun said, slapping the younger’s back once.

“Let’s watch Harry Potter,” Kibum recommended.

“Yay for an English movie!” Henry exclaimed, jumping up and down.

“But I don’t want to read Korean subtitles,” Eunhyuk pouted.

“Then we’ll watch it with Chinese subtitles,” Hankyung said, nodding with Zhou Mi.

“That’s even worse,” Heechul snapped.

“You know what we haven’t watched in a long time?” I said, smiling, “Titanic.”

“Let’s watch that!” Donghae and Kyuhyun exclaimed in unison, jumping through the doors to our building. I laughed.

“Ok, we’ll watch it in the 12th floor dorm then,” I decided, “Since it’s bigger.” Everyone agreed and we headed up to the dorm together, talking and laughing. Hankyung took his mask, sunglasses, and hat off as soon as we were in the elevator, fanning his face so he can breathe.

“Why don’t you just come out and tell everyone that you’re back in Super Junior?” Heechul asked him, helping him fan his face.

Hankyung smiled, “I want it to be a surprise to the fans. When, all of a sudden, the music video for our next single comes out and I’m in it with everyone. It’ll be perfect.”

I smiled, “I can see it now.”

“I want to see it soon,” Hankyung laughed, “I missed Korea.”

“Korea missed you,” Heechul told him, slinging his arm around his shoulder. I don’t know what it is, but I just cannot stop smiling lately. Everything about these guys makes me smile. Even the fights they have are worth smiling over, because they aren’t real fights anymore. They’re funny arguments over which girl group is better or which movie is the best. They always end with laughs, like they should. The last time I was this happy, I think, was when I first debuted. Or maybe it was when “U” won its first award...the first award for Super Junior. Or maybe it was the formation of Super Junior-M with the addition of Zhou Mi and Henry. They were all such happy moments. I can’t remember which was the happiest.

As I opened the door to the dorm, something stopped me in my tracks. The lights were all on. Someone was here. It definitely isn’t one of our managers, because they all have the week off (as do we). I motioned for the others to stop and gestured them to be quiet. None of them questioned me, as I guess they all saw the abnormality of the dorm. As I quietly snuck in, I saw a duffel bag on the couch and I heard noise coming from the kitchen. I gestured for the members to stay where they were as I slowly moved toward the kitchen. I looked around the corner and saw someone in the fridge. However, once he stood up and turned around, I immediately felt relief and shock in the same instance.

“Hey! Don’t you guys keep food in here anymore?!” he shouted, slamming the refrigerator door shut. However, even though he seemed enraged, I could see the smirk on his lips and the light in his eyes.

“Hyung!” someone shouted, and I saw Kyuhyun run to the person in the kitchen. Everyone else followed, running to him and jumping on him, giving him a large hug.

“Isn’t our leader happy to see me?” he asked me, holding his arms out for me. I felt tears surface to my eyes as I ran to him and hugged him tightly. This is unbelievable. This is amazing. I can’t even put this feeing into proper words. All I could so was cry and choke out small words that the man whom I’m hugging has already heard many times before.

“We missed you,” I whispered, “Welcome home, Youngwoon-ah.”

______________________________________________________________________________________

~Kibum POV~

Well, Kangin’s back now to stay. He explained that his commander had managed to give him a two year leave in order to return to the group and continue activities. It took some time (and a visit to his commander’s nieces which will scar him for life), but he managed to get Kangin out after his first 100 days in the military. The best part: he left for a temporary 3 day vacation as a reward for completing 100 days in the army, but nobody knows that he isn’t on a temporary vacation. He’s here to stay.

“So, how did your commander get you out?” Zhou Mi asked.

Kangin shrugged, “He wouldn’t give me details. After I visited his nieces-” insert a small twitch right here “-he told me that I was free for two years. I asked how he did it, but he just smiled and winked at me. He’s a nice guy, but he’s weird as hell.” Well, maybe that commander is smarter than I gave him credit for.

“So you’re back for good now?” Kyuhyun questioned, trying to suppress his grin. He was failing miserably though.

Kangin chuckled, “For the next two years, I am. That’s enough time to make a comeback with all fifteen of us, right?”

I grinned and glanced at Kyuhyun, whose grin became even bigger (if that was possible).

“Of course,” Leeteuk answered, his eyes teary, “We better get to work as soon as possible though.”

“I already called Lee Sooman,” Kangin said, leaning back in his chair, “He said he’d love to have me back in Super Junior, especially with the return of Hankyung and Kibum and the transition of Zhou Mi and Henry from the sub-group to the main group.” Kangin then laughed and glanced at Kyuhyun. “He still doesn’t know how it happened though. He keeps saying it’s God’s work.”

Kyuhyun stood up and held his arms out to the sides, “Well, he’s right.”

“HEY!” everyone shouted, grabbing a pillow or something and hitting him wherever they could reach. Kyuhyun started laughing and ducking the blows thrown at him.

“That’s not funny,” Siwon stated, though he had a small smile on his face.

“Sit down, my Lord,” I retorted, hitting Kyuhyun upside the head with a pillow. He sat down, rubbing his arm where Kangin gave him a pretty hard blow.

“Don’t be a smart ,” Kangin chuckled, “But yeah, I just need to sign some papers tomorrow and I’m back in with you guys.”

“This is perfect,” Leeteuk said, his voice sounding choked, “This is absolutely perfect.”

“Are you crying again?” Sungmin asked, laughing. Leeteuk shook his head, wiping his tears.

“No,” he cried, his voice shaking now.

“It’s official,” I said, smiling, “I hereby strip Donghae of his title of ‘King of Tears’.”

“Congratulations, Jungsoo!” Heechul exclaimed, “You are now the new ‘King of Tears’!”

“Shut up!” Leeteuk shouted, still crying. Everyone laughed and gathered around him, hugging him.

“Hey, are we still going to watch ‘Titanic’?” Yesung wondered, “Now that Kangin-ah is back, it’s really a true family movie.”

I could see everyone smile when he said “family”. Because that’s what we are...we’re a family. Fifteen brothers who look after each other and always smile together.

“I’m up for it!” Kangin exclaimed, “But, before we do that. Can I get some decent food around here?! I haven’t eaten real food in a hundred days!”

Everyone laughed while Zhou Mi, Ryeowook, and Sungmin all got up to make some popcorn for us. Once they came back, we started the movie and lounged around in the living space. We managed to squeeze Kyuhyun, Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Donghae, and Siwon on a couch made for three. Leeteuk and Kangin were squished on a chair for one while Hankyung and Heechul were squished on the other across from them. Yesung, Ryeowook, and Shindong were on the floor in front of the couch, their backs leaning against the others’ legs, while Zhou Mi, Henry, and I were lying in front of them. It was very cramped...

But I wouldn’t want it any other way.