Chapter 31 - Don't Leave Us

Prom15e to 13elieve

Don't Leave Us

~Leeteuk POV~

I let out a sigh as we all entered the dorm.

“Ok, let’s get some rest,” I called, “I think we all deserve it.”

“Yes, Hyung,” they chorused. Donghae and Shindong went into the kitchen to get some food while Heechul went straight to his room, not even saying good night. I watched him, sadly. He’s barely spoken since that night that Ryeowook lost his temper...

Suddenly, I heard a crash from below us. I jumped slightly and looked down at the floor, as if I could see through the wooden floor to the dorm below us. When all noise ceased, and my cell phone didn’t ring, I shrugged it off. Maybe they dropped something...

I walked into my bedroom and shut the door behind me. I changed into sweatpants and a T-shirt to sleep in for the night. Donghae walked in a few minutes later and laid down on his bed, face-down. I chuckled.

“Tired?” I asked. He simply nodded, not even rolling over. I smiled and ruffled his hair before leaving the room to go into the kitchen. I took a glass out and filled it with water. Once I had downed the glass, I put it in the sink and left the kitchen, turning the lights off. I saw Shindong’s bedroom door closed, so I assumed he went to sleep as well. I went to turn the lights off in the living room, but the banging on the door stopped me, followed my some crazy person screaming.

“Hyung! Somebody, open up!” That was definitely Sungmin. He sounded almost panicked. Was that crash earlier something more? I immediately ran to the door and opened it.

“Sungmin-ah! What’s wrong?!” I shouted, searching his body to make sure he wasn’t bleeding. He laughed.

“Nothing’s wrong! Look!” He moved to the side, and that was when I saw it: the reason he was so excited. I could only stand and stare in shock at what I saw. Not only were Yesung, Eunhyuk, Siwon, Ryeowook, and Sungmin there, but four other figures joined them.

“Surprise!” the first shouted, “Miss me?”

“Hey, what about me?!” another figure next to him exclaimed.

“I’ve been gone the longest, so both of you lose,” the third figure cut in.

“Can we just go in? I need my beauty sleep!” the last figure commented.

“What...How...When...Huh?!” I sputtered. I was too shocked to say anything else.

“Hyung,” I heard a voice behind me, and I turned to see Donghae come in, rubbing his eyes, “What’s going-” He stopped in his tracks upon seeing our guests at the door. His eyes then lit up and he ran for them.

“Kyuhyun-ah!” he exclaimed, “You’re back!”

“Kyuhyun?!” someone shouted from inside, and I heard two doors open. I turned back and saws Shindong and Heechul run out of their rooms. Upon seeing Kyuhyun, Shindong ran for him, tackling him in a bear hug.

“Our maknae is back!” he yelled.

“I thought I was the maknae?!”

“Of course you are, Henry!” Donghae laughed, hugging the Canadian.

“What, I don’t get a hug?”

“Zhou Mi! I’m hugging you right now, aren’t I?” Shindong exclaimed.

“Gee, nice to see you guys too...”

“Kibum-ah! Get over here!” Donghae said, jumping on the younger’s back, laughing. I only watched in shock as they all came in from the hallway and shut the door. He was back? They were back? Was this real?

“Teukie-hyung,” Kyuhyun said, poking my cheek, laughing, “Aren’t you going to join in?” I looked up and saw everyone together, laughing and hugging. I looked at Kyuhyun, seeing how wide his smile was. I was so happy to see him, but I had to do something first...

“Ow!” Kyuhyun shouted as I hit his arm.

“WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!” I shouted as I hit his arm again while he backed away from me, “YOU LEAVE WITHOUT A WORD! FOR MONTHS YOU JUST...DISAPPEAR! AND THEN YOU COME BACK AND ASK ‘Miss me?’ WHAT THE HELL WAS GOING THROUGH YOUR HEAD THROUGH ALL OF THIS?!”

“Hyung!” Kyuhyun shouted as I hit him once more. I looked at him once and felt my anger leave me. It felt good to get that out of my system.

I then wrapped my arms around him in a hug, holding him close to me.

“Don’t you ever do that again, you understand?” I ask him, tears coming to my eyes, “You leave again, and I don’t know what I’ll do.”

I heard him laugh as he wrapped his arms around me as well, “I won’t, Hyung. I promise. I’m sorry I worried you.” I pulled away and look at him, then looked at Zhou Mi, Kibum, and Henry.

“And this is why you left?” I asked him, smiling, “To get them?” Kyuhyun nodded, a solemn expression gracing his face.

“We were falling apart,” he explained, “I had to do something. And, I figured, if we were going to break apart, we had to break apart together. All fifteen of us.” I felt my tears resurface again.

“Damn it, Kyuhyun,” I mumbled, rubbing my eyes, “Stop making this old man cry.” Kyuhyun grinned, triumphantly and I couldn’t help but laugh.

“But wait,” Sungmin said, “We’re missing some.”

“Yeah,” Eunhyuk noticed, looking around, “Where are Hankyung-hyung and Kangin-hyung?” He was right...where were they? I glanced over at the hallway, where Heechul has been standing, quietly. He hadn’t joined in the reunion or said a word since he ran in.

“Oh, we spoke with both of them,” Kyuhyun said, “Kangin needs to wait a bit longer in the military and Hankyung-”

“I don’t want to hear it,” Heechul cut in, strongly. All talking ceased and all eyes went to him.

“Heechul-hyung,” Sungmin sighed, but it seemed Heechul wouldn’t have any of it.

“I don’t want to know what he’s doing,” Heechul continued, emotionlessly, “He’s probably still in China, working hard on his solo career. He’s going to go far...heck, he already has gone far.”

“Heechul,” Kyuhyun started, but never got to finish.

“I’m really proud of him,” Heechul sighed, “I really am. I do miss him, but I understand. I don’t want to hear what he had to say. Besides, I’ll be leaving in eleven days, so it doesn’t really matter.” He then turned around and started heading toward his room.

“But Heechul!”  Henry shouted. Heechul didn’t stop though. Everyone watched him go, silently.

“Where is Hankyung-hyung?” Donghae asked, curiously.

“We managed to convince him to come back,” Zhou Mi explained, “But his visa issues followed him here from China.” Ah, so he couldn’t get into Korea because of his visa?

“But, he’s coming, right?” Ryeowook questioned.

“He is,” Kibum stated, serious as ever, “He needed to go back to China for a new visa, but he already promised that he’ll be here as soon as possible.”

“How soon is ‘soon as possible’?” Sungmin asked, “Because we don’t have a lot of time...”

Kyuhyun sighed, “Two weeks, minimum. The Korean Embassy agreed to make the process quiet, since Hankyung doesn’t want his fans to know he’s coming back to Korea just yet, but it’s still going to be a while.”

“Two weeks,” I repeated, “Fourteen days. Heechul leaves in eleven days...” I jumped as the clock on the wall chimed once, signaling it was midnight. I sighed, “Ten days now.”

“We just need to keep him out,” Kyuhyun stated, strongly, “Why did he even enlist anyway?” Everyone glanced at each other, nobody sure of the answer. I felt extremely guilty, as if it was my fault. Something then caught my eye. It was Yesung, leaving. I saw him walk into the hallway. It seemed as if everyone had dropped the topic and were catching up. I smiled at the scene, happy to see Kibum, Henry, and Zhou Mi again. And even Kyuhyun! Especially Kyuhyun...

I snuck away from the group and went into the hallway. I saw Heechul’s door, slightly ajar. I walked up, curiously, and hid behind it. I peeked in and saw Heechul sitting on his bed while Yesung was standing in front of him.

“Why are you telling me this now?” Heechul asked, “Back in July, you said it was right.”

Yesung sighed, “I was wrong. You were being so stubborn, and I was angry. I didn’t mean it.”

“You wouldn’t have said it if you didn’t mean it,” Heechul responded, quietly.

“Please, Heechul-hyung...”

“Look, you suggested this option. You demanded I leave. You were the first to accept when I said I would be entering the military this year. That day might have marked Jungsoo’s last jab at me about Kyuhyun, but it sure as hell wasn’t yours.” So, Yesung told him to enter the army? And when was the last time I tortured him about Kyuhyun? The day Kyuhyun called...?

Yesung didn’t say anything, so Heechul continued, “So, what changed your mind? Kyuhyun’s back and everything’s great now? Is that it? Yes, Kyuhyun’s back, and I really couldn’t be happier. But you said it yourself, what have I done that’s relevant to this group? Why should I even be here? Nothing you say will change my mind, Jongwoon-ah.”

“I’m sorry,” Yesung pleaded.

Heechul snorted, “Oh, how the tables have turned.”

I watched in awe as Yesung fell to his knees in front of Heechul and bowed to him. I could see his body shaking with his sobs. Heechul remained stoic, but I could see his surprise as well.

“Please,” Yesung cried, “Don’t go. Don’t leave us.”

Heechul was silent as he stared at Yesung. After a minute, he sighed, closing his eyes.

“You know I can’t stop this,” Heechul said, shakily, “I won’t stop this.” Yesung said nothing, but he clenched his fists on the ground and remained in his position. I turned so my back was now against the wall next to the door. I felt the tears resurface, again. But this time, it wasn’t happiness. I wish I had the courage...I wish I had the courage to walk into that room and say it. But, deep down, I know courage won’t do a thing. Even Yesung getting down on his knees and begging didn’t do a thing. I hate to give up, but Heechul won’t give up either. All I want to say though...I just want to say...

Don’t go, Heechul. Don’t leave us.