Chapter 25 - 15 and Always Will Be

Prom15e to 13elieve


15 and Always Will Be

~Kyuhyun POV~

“So...when are we leaving?”

I couldn’t even speak. I couldn’t move. I could only stare at the figure in front of me. His smile was brighter than I had ever seen. The way he spoke was so lightening, as if nothing was wrong. I was snapped out of my trance by Henry, waving his hand in front of my face.

“Hey, come back to reality, Kyuhyun-hyung,” he said, chuckling, “We gotta go get Kangin-hyung now, right?”

“But...how?” I managed to ask as I continued to stare at the figure in the doorway. Said figure just smiled.

“You were right, Kyuhyun-ah,” he said, taking a step closer, “I was only thinking of myself. But...being away, it hurt. A lot. And just thinking about you guys made me realize how much I missed you. And after I yelled at you and punched you even...can you forgive me, Kyu?” I just stared at him for a second. He was here...he was really here. I tried to hold my emotions back, but I’ve been holding them back for too long. I took a step toward him and wrapped my arms around him in a hug. I felt the tears rushing down my face as I hugged him. His arms wrapped around me, making me cry harder. God I missed him.

“Thank you, Hankyung-hyung,” I whispered, “You don’t know how much this means to me.” I heard him chuckle softly.

“It means more to me than you know,” he said, “I’ve missed you guys so much. I tried telling myself that I was better without Super Junior, but I couldn’t have been more wrong.” I let go of the hug and wiped my tears. He chuckled and helped me.

“Don’t cry, Kyu,” he said, “You can’t cry until all fifteen of us are together again, ok?” I nodded, smiling. Then, before I knew it, Hankyung was attacked by a Chinese man.

You idiot!” he shouted at him in Chinese while slapping his arm, making Hankyung move back away from him, “You leave...come back...made us worry...so frustrating...I’m so happy to see you!” I only caught a little bit, but it was enough to make me laugh. Zhou Mi then hugged the older Chinese man tightly and I smiled. Kibum then walked in and glared at Hankyung. Hankyung glared back. Kibum stopped first, laughing. He then held his hand out for a handshake.

“I’m glad you made the right decision,” he said. Hankyung smiled and grabbed Kibum in a hug.

“Come here, you,” he said, hugging him tightly. Kibum didn’t look too thrilled to be hugged. Then again, he wasn’t the skinship type of person. What surprised me though, was him returning the hug after a few seconds.

“You’re lucky it’s been so long,” he muttered, making Hankyung laugh. The two broke apart from the hug and I couldn’t have been happier. Everything was coming together...

“Hey!” Henry shouted from behind me, “Why don’t I get a hug?!” He pouted cutely and I laughed.

“Get over here Mochi,” I said, holding my arms out. He grinned with his chubby cheeks and bounded into my arms. I ruffled his hair and we all laughed together. This was the most laughter I had heard in a while.

And I wouldn’t have it any other way.

________________________________________________________________________________________

~Hankyung POV~

“So, I hate to break the moment up here right now,” I said once Kyuhyun had finished with his hug to the maknae, “But, you haven’t answered my question yet.”

“Oh,” Kyuhyun said, “Um, what was it again?”

“When are we leaving?” I asked again, “You know? We still gotta get Kangin out of the military, don’t we?”

“Oh yeah!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, suddenly seeming panicked, “We need a flight to Incheon. And we need to find his army base. How many days are left?”

“Um, today is August 17th in Korea, so...fifteen days?” Kibum replied.

“Ok, we need to get a flight ASAP,” Kyuhyun said, definitely panicking now, “And we’re going to waste another day on the plane. And plus who knows when the first flight out is...”

Whoa whoa, hold up,” Henry interrupted, “What’s with the rush? And you need to speak slower! My Korean still isn’t perfect!”

“We have fifteen days to get Kangin out of the military and get back to Super Junior,” Kibum explained, slowly, “Basically, we’re on a race for time.”

“Why?” I asked as Zhou Mi and Kyuhyun ran to find a phone and make plane arrangements, “What’s happening in fifteen days?”

“Heechul-hyung is entering the military in fifteen days,” Kibum answered, “On September 1st.”

My eyes widened. Heechul...he’s leaving? Why though? Why would he leave? What happened to him? He told me that he would never leave Super Junior!

“Why is he leaving?” I finally asked. Kibum shrugged.

“I don’t know,” he said, “Maybe-”

“Henry-ah!” Kyuhyun shouted, poking his head into the room, holding the telephone, “Help!”

“Aish,” Henry muttered as he walked over to them, “Doesn’t know English...” Kibum shook his head and continued.

“Maybe things have gotten worse since Kyuhyun-ah left,” Kibum said.

“Wait, do the members know what Kyuhyun is doing?” I asked. Kibum shook his head “no”. Oh, so the maknae left them with no reason? In the state our group is in? Calm down, Geng, calm down...

Our group...it felt good thinking that. Yeah, Super Junior was our group. All fifteen of us were in Super Junior together. We are a family...and I won’t allow my best friend to leave our family...my family.

“My family,” I whispered, a smile forming on my lips at the words.

“What?” Kibum asked. I looked up and shook my head.

“Nothing,” I said, “Yah! Kyuhyun-ah! You better hurry up with those plane tickets!”

“I’m trying!” Kyuhyun shouted back.

“What do you mean you’re trying?!” Henry shouted, “I’m the one on the phone here!”

Just find out when the first flight is!” Zhou Mi shouted.

I’m on hold!” Henry protested. I felt myself smile.

“Such children,” Kibum chuckled. I threw my arm around his shoulder and hugged him close.

“Yep,” I said, “And we got one more child to pick up before heading home to Teukie-Umma and our eight brothers.”

Kibum laughed out loud at my statement, “Teukie-Umma has too many children.”

I chuckled, “Yeah, but that’s how it should be. Because...” I stopped my sentence as I glanced into the kitchen to see Zhou Mi, Kyuhyun, and Henry fighting over the phone now, arguing over who could get the tickets faster. My smile widened as I found the right words.

“Super Junior is 15 and always will be.”