Chapter 24 - When Are We Leaving?

Prom15e to 13elieve

Quick note: Underlined is English while Italicized is Chinese. Normal is Korean.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When Are We Leaving?

~Kibum POV~

I felt someone shaking me and my eyes immediately opened. I looked up and saw Kyuhyun.

“Come on, we just landed. Let’s get ready,” he said, and I started putting everything away with Zhou Mi. However, I didn’t miss the slight redness to Kyuhyun’s eyes. He had been crying.

I shook that thought away as the plane arrived at the gate. Somehow, we were three of the first ones off. It took all of my energy to keep up with Kyuhyun as he sped off to the baggage claim. When we got there, I was sent off to get a cab to take us to Henry’s house (which Zhou mi already knew the address of). Once I finally managed to get a taxi, Kyuhyun and Zhou Mi ran out with the bags.

“One question,” I said, “It’s currently 1 AM here in Canada. We may still be on Asian time, but I highly doubt that Henry and his family are.”

“We need to get to them though,” Kyuhyun said, forcefully. Zhou Mi was loading the luggage into the trunk with the taxi driver.

“I know, Kyu,” I sighed, “But, we’ll get a hotel and wait until morning, alright? I know we need to hurry, but knocking on Henry’s door at 1 in the morning isn’t going to speed things up. It’s just going to annoy him and his family.” Kyuhyun looked at the ground before nodding.

“Fine,” he finally relented, “But, we’re leaving to get to him at 7 AM. No later.”

“Deal,” I said, getting into the taxi, “Hi. Um, the closest hotel please?” The cab driver nodded and was off to leave the airport. Fifteen minutes later, we arrived in front of a Marriott hotel. I paid the cab driver and went to get us a hotel room. The only cheap one available was a two bed room. Looks like two of us will be sharing a bed. Oh well, as long as I can get some more sleep.

We got to the room and Kyuhyun and I shared a bed. It wasn’t like we were staying for long, just a few hours.

We all got some more sleep while there. Well, except for maybe Kyuhyun. When I woke up, he was sitting at the desk on his computer. He wasn’t playing games, but he was looking up directions.

“What are you doing?” I asked, groggily. I was still tired. Damn time difference.

“Seeing how long it will take to get to Henry’s,” he replied, “This says about a half hour.”

“We’ll leave at 7, like you said,” I told him, going over to wake Zhou Mi up, “Yah! Get up, Mi-hyung!” Zhou Mi rolled over and opened his eyes. He rubbed them once before sitting up.

“We leaving already?” he asked, yawning.

“In about 45 minutes,” I told him, “I’m taking a shower before we go.” Kyuhyun nodded mutely, still searching on his computer. He was stressing way too much.

Yes, we didn’t have much time left. Sitting in China and waiting for Hankyung-hyung wasn’t the smartest thing to do. If he had come back, then it might have been different. But, we just wasted three weeks there. And now, we only had a little more than two weeks before Heechul-hyung’s enlistment into the army.

However, what Kyuhyun was doing was panicking. Panicking won’t get us to move faster. If anything, we’ll just move slower. He needs to calm down, get some sleep, and be ready to go once we get to Henry. All he was doing now was over exerting himself and making things harder.

Finally, it was 7 AM. Kyuhyun had managed to call us a cab, so it was waiting for us once we got down to the lobby. We got in and Kyuhyun gave the driver the address. Soon enough, we were heading toward Henry.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

~Zhou Mi POV~

Canada is a pretty place. We passed by a few mountains on our way to Henry, and it looks very pretty. I’d love to see it in the winter when it’s covered with snow. I leaned back in my seat, relaxing on the way. However, it was hard to relax with the tension that Kyuhyun was omitting into the air.

“Guīxián,” I said, and he looked at me, “You need to relax. There’s nothing you can do to make this cab move faster.” He nodded, but didn’t relax.

 “I’m stressed on time right now,” Kyuhyun said.

“I know you are, Guīxián,” I sighed, “We all are. We want this as much as you do. But stressing yourself is not going to help at all.”

“You don’t know,” Kyuhyun whispered, “You don’t know how bad it is. The fights that happen aren’t just occasional arguments, they’re everyday shouting matches. They hit each other. They yell at each other. Sometimes they don’t even speak to each other. Honestly, the silence is worse than the screaming. And everyday it would get worse and worse...” I couldn’t even look at him anymore. Was it this bad?

“You don’t know...” Kyuhyun repeated, softly.

“I do,” Kibum suddenly spoke up. The two of us turned to see him, looking out his window of the taxi. He glanced at us and sighed.

“Remember when Super Junior was a project group?” he asked. I frowned, I remember them telling the story of that, but I wasn’t around during that time. Neither was Kyuhyun...

“Yeah, and then I came into the group and ‘Super Junior 05’ became ‘Super Junior’,” Kyuhyun said.

Kibum nodded, “How do you think we all felt when we realized we would only be in Super Junior for a few months?” I tried to imagine it from my own point of view. Super Junior-M for one album...and then never again.

“Nobody wanted to leave,” Kibum explained, “And we weren’t sure all of us would leave. We didn’t know who would leave and who would stay to lead Super Junior 06. We fought...a lot. We fought over who would stay and who would go. Who would move onto other activities, and who would never be heard from again. Tensions were high...punches were thrown.

“When you joined, Kyuhyun, nobody liked you. Especially the hyungs. It was almost guaranteed that they would be taken out of Super Junior, and being with you made them feel unimportant. All the tension that had been thrown at each other was directed toward you. When the company told us about the permanent, 13-member Super Junior, we calmed down. And when we debuted with ‘U’, we accepted the fact. We were 13, and we would never change.” Kibum turned to look at us, smiling slightly.

“I understand, Kyuhyun-ah,” he said, “I know it isn’t a fun place to be in. I was the maknae back then, and I saw everything.” I looked at Kyuhyun, who was staring at Kibum with wide eyes.

“I wish though,” Kibum continued, “That I was as brave as you. I didn’t have the courage to stop them. Ryeowook and I just kept quiet and let them fight it out, since we were officially assigned to be a part of Super Junior 06. We had no reason to fight. And, now that I think about it, we had no reason to stop them.” Kibum smiled at Kyuhyun.

“I’m glad you’re doing this Kyuhyun, but you need to calm down. We’ll get as many members together again as we can. We might not have Hankyung-hyung, but 14 is better than nothing, right?” I saw Kyuhyun smile slightly, and I reached over to wipe his falling tears.

“Thank you,” he said, softly, “Both of you.” I smiled.

“Anything for you, Guīxián,” I told him, “And anything for Super Junior.” Kyuhyun smiled at me.

The taxi driver then stopped and said something in English. Kibum replied and paid him the money. We all got out of the cab to see a pretty, modern house. It wasn’t large, but it wasn’t small either. It looked like a good size for a family of five, which was Henry’s family. The three of us walked up to the door and Kyuhyun rang the bell. I heard some running and then the door opened. Henry beamed at us.

“Took you guys long enough!” he exclaimed, laughing, “Hey! You were right! They came!” Huh?

I told you they would,” a voice replied, and my eyes widened. That voice...

The door opened wider and I saw him. He was smiling at us – no, he was grinning like the happiest man on Earth. He let out a small chuckle before speaking.

“So...when are we leaving?”