Chapter 4 - I'm On My Way

Prom15e to 13elieve

I'm On My Way

~Kyuhyun POV~

I woke up the next morning...actually, afternoon. It was 1 PM. Of course I slept so late, I didn’t actually fall asleep until 4:30. I got up, expecting the apartment to be empty. But, to my surprise, Kibum was sitting right on the couch as if he was expecting me. He had that serious look on his face as if he was contemplating something. I let him be. I may not have seen him in over a year, but I knew that when he had that look, you were not to bother him. I simply went into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water. I chugged it and wiped my mouth. I looked back to see Kibum in the exact position that he was when I came in. I sighed and made to leave the room.

“Kyuhyun-ah,” Kibum said, softly. However, it was loud enough for me to stop and turn. He slowly moved his head to look at me. He smiled softly. “I hope you have an extra plane ticket to China. I don’t plan on going back alone.” I stared at him with wide eyes before breaking out into a grin. I ran to him and hugged him. Yes, it was completely unlike me, but I couldn’t help myself. Kibum was coming back!

“Thank you, Hyung,” I whispered, tears spilling. I was so happy! I couldn’t believe this actually worked!

Kibum just chuckled and patted my back. I finally let him go and he smiled at me.

“I’ll always be a part of Super Junior,” he said, smiling, “Just let me finish this movie. Filming ends tomorrow night. Is that enough time?”

I nodded, “My flight is the following afternoon.” Kibum nodded.

“I’ll be ready to go by then,” he said, “Now, I have to go get ready. You’re welcome to stay here until we leave.” Kibum got up and I stayed on the couch, grinning. Then, he stopped and turned around.

“By the way,” Kibum said, “What do the hyungs think of this plan?” My grin dropped, and I turned to look at him with wide eyes. He was smirking. “Don’t worry, your secret’s safe with me, Kyu.” I smiled at him.

“Thanks, Kibum-hyung,” I said, smiling. Kibum just smirked and went to get ready for filming. I smiled as he left. Kibum was coming back! Now, I just needed to convince the other four. Zhou Mi and Henry shouldn’t be too hard. They’d jump at the chance to work with the entire Super Junior as a whole. They loved us that much. Kangin shouldn’t be too difficult either. I just had to get him a leave out of the army long enough for us to create this album. But, I had to face the hardest challenge next...Hankyung-hyung.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

~Sungmin POV~

I woke up the next morning to yelling. But, this was different. I was used to waking up to yelling (even waking up to Kyuhyun pulling my arm), but this wasn’t the usual fights that go on. Nope, this sounded...frantic. Well, good thing I had thought to pack up a bag and put it in my car last night. No way was I going to get out of here with a full bag with all the fighting going on.

As I sat up in bed, my door opened and I saw Ryeowook poke his head in.

“Hyung,” he said, sounding worried, “Did Kyuhyun-ah come back last night?” I hesitated for a second before shaking my head.

“He didn’t come in here,” I said, “Maybe he spent the night in the dorm upstairs?” Ryeowook shook his head.

“No,” he said, “Leeteuk-hyung spent the night down here waiting for Kyuhyun to come back last night, but he never did. Heechul-hyung was upstairs with Yesung, Shindong, and Donghae-hyung, but they never saw Kyuhyun! He isn’t picking up his phone either!” Ryeowook was in hysterics, and I felt guilty for lying to him. But, I knew I had to.

“I’m sorry, Ryeowook-ah,” I said, standing up, “Last I saw Kyuhyun, he was going out to the store. He said he’d be right back.”

Ryeowook nodded, “Yeah, Heechul-hyung said that. And then he said you ran after him to tell him to pick up socks for you.” I nodded.

“I did. I wonder what happened...”

“Do you think he’s hurt?” Ryeowook asked, his eyes wide in fear. I went to him and hugged him.

“Nah,” I said, trying to cheer him up, “Kyuhyun’s strong. He wouldn’t let anyone or anything hurt him. Remember the accident? He pulled through for us. He’ll come back.” Ryeowook nodded and I lead him out into the living room. There, we found Leeteuk and Heechul, shouting at each other, while the others were crowded around him.

“How could you have let him leave?!” Leeteuk screamed, “Did you even think to ask where he was going?!”

“He’s a big boy now, Teuk!” Heechul shouted back, “I don’t need to know every detail about where he’s going!”

“He may be a ‘big boy’ but he’s still our maknae!” Leeteuk yelled, “You just let him walk out without asking where he was going! When he would be back! Nothing!”

“He’s not stupid! He knows where he’s going!”

“That’s not the point! You should know where he is in case something like this happens! Now we have no idea where he is and we have no leads!”

“Sungmin knows!” Heechul shouted, pointing at me. The attention turned to me and I froze. D-did they know that Kyuhyun told me? Did they know that I was planning to leave too?

“Sungmin-ah asking Kyuhyun to buy him socks does not mean he knows where he is, Heechul!” Leeteuk shouted, and I let out a small breath of relief. No, they didn’t know. They were oblivious.

“It’s something!” Heechul screamed, “More than you found out!”

“I left you in charge!” Leeteuk said, waving his finger at Heechul, “How could you blow it like this?! Now we’re down another member! Way to go, Heechul! The group might as well just disband with you as Leader!” Heechul stared at Leeteuk with wide eyes, but Leeteuk was too angry to notice that he had hit a nerve in Heechul’s heart. I saw it though. My mind was clear. I wasn’t angry or bitter. I knew the truth.

“How can I go to the army and leave you in charge?!” Leeteuk demanded, still waving his finger, “You won’t last two days as the Leader! You don’t care enough to take on the job!” Heechul’s eyes flashed and he pushed Leeteuk into the wall. He knocked the bookshelf over, and Eunhyuk had to jump out of the way to avoid it.

“Don’t you dare say that I don’t care about Super Junior!” Heechul shouted, “You’re my family!”

“Well you don’t act like it!” Leeteuk shouted back.

“Neither do you!” I shouted all of a sudden, surprising myself and the others. Where did that come from? I didn’t even know, but I was too angry to care. They had to know that they were acting like freaking children!

“What?” Leeteuk asked, stunned. I glared at him. It was time they changed. I couldn’t let them keep going when I left to follow Kyuhyun. If I did, there wouldn’t be a Super Junior by the time we got back.

“Don’t you see what you’re doing?!” I shouted, tears in my eyes, “You’re tearing this group apart! We all are!” Everyone stared at me, stunned. I didn’t stop there.

“I can’t take it anymore! The screaming! The fighting! The tension! Everything! All we do is fight! And when we don’t fight, we’re silent! When was the last time you smiled?! I mean really smiled, not some on stage smile to fans?!” Everyone looked down. Of course they had no idea. It was too long ago.

“No wonder Kyuhyun left!” I continued, “Who could stand to live with us?! I’m starting to get sick of it too!” I glared at all of them before storming to the door.

“Where are you going?” Leeteuk asked. He sounded concerned...

“I’m actually going to go out and find our maknae instead of just standing in here and screaming!” I retorted. I then left the dorm and ran down the eleven flights of stairs to the lobby. I grinned as I got into the parking garage. So far, so good. Now, I just needed to get to Gangwon-do and help Kyuhyun convince Kibum to come back. Kyuhyun wasn’t going to do this alone. I’d be there with him every step of the way. I started the car and pulled out of the garage, heading to Gangwon-do. I smiled.

Don’t worry, Kyuhyun, I’m coming to help. I’m on my way.