Chapter 13 - Unexpected

Prom15e to 13elieve

Unexpected

~Kyuhyun POV~

“Are we almost there?” Kibum asked me for the twentieth time during the drive. I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists on the steering wheel.

“Not yet, Kibum,” I muttered, “We have another 15 minutes to go.”

.....

“We almost there?”

“Now we have 14 minutes left...”

.....

“How about now?”

“Shut up!”

“Touchy.”

I gripped the steering wheel tighter and took deep breaths. I don’t know what it is, but everything was really pissing me off this morning. First of all, our wake up call that was scheduled for 7 AM didn’t come until 7:30. And then I lost the directions to get to Zhou Mi’s (thankfully Kibum saved the address so we just looked them up again), and then we had to stop to fill the car up with gas...

Okay, so the last one really shouldn’t have pissed me off, but I was just annoyed today. It probably had to do with Hankyung-hyung...

Argh, don’t think about that. It’s in the past. Focus on Zhou Mi. I tried to think of ways to speak to Zhou Mi, assessing his situation. He was home with his parents, doing no work or schedules...shouldn’t be too hard, right? Yeah, right...

“What is the name of the road again?” Kibum asked.

“It’s-“ I stopped short as I spotted Zhou Mi’s street, “-this one.” Kibum nodded and I drove down the road, searching for the right number.

“There!” Kibum exclaimed, pointing ahead. I stopped the car and looked out the window to see that we arrived at a plain, traditional Chinese house. It was very pretty and simple. Not too big, not too small. I just hoped Zhou Mi was home.

Kibum and I got out of the car and went to the door. I looked at him and he looked at me.

“You ring the bell,” he said after a few seconds of staring, “This was your idea, not mine.”

I sighed and lifted my hand. I rang the doorbell, praying that he was home. After what felt like hours of waiting, the door opened and I came face-to-face with...

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Zhou Mi POV~

Just another day here in China. I have to say, it’s pretty boring. Everyday I wake up and eat breakfast. I wander Beijing a bit with the family or go run some errands, and then I come home. I eat dinner, spend some time with my cousins or old friends, and then go to sleep. It really is a nice vacation, but I think it’s lasted long enough. Two months here with no work gets boring after the first month. I miss all the guys in Korea...

Speaking of the guys...I should probably clean the house for Ara. Kyuhyun said he would call me and give me details, but just in case, the house should be clean for her. I don’t want a guest in a dirty house.

So, I finished my breakfast and then grabbed the cleaning things. It was Sunday morning, so Mom and Dad went to church. I would have gone, but I woke up pretty late. Ah well, I’ll go later in the afternoon. I went into the bedrooms first, dusting the furniture. I also rearranged the guest room so that it will be livable when/if Ara comes. I put new sheets on the bed and dusted the furniture. I was moving into the living room when the doorbell rang. I put my cleaning supplies down and went to get the door.

And once I opened it, I got quite a shock. For standing on my doorstep was the last person I ever expected to see at 9 AM on a Sunday morning.

Well, at least the house is clean now...