Chapter 17 - You

Prom15e to 13elieve

You

~Zhou Mi POV~

Well, it was good seeing you, Henry,” I said as I dropped him off at the airport. He smiled and gave me a hug.

Hopefully I’ll see you soon,” Henry replied as he patted me on the back.

Oh come on, we’ll be back together soon,” I said as we broke away from the hug, “I’m sure SM will call us soon and give us an opportunity.

Henry smiled sadly. This was the most mature I’ve seen him in a while. “I doubt that, Zhou Mi. But, I guess staying positive is a good thing.

I grinned, “Exactly. Now, have a safe flight.” He nodded and grabbed his backpack, walking into the airport. I sighed and got back into my car. I left the airport and started heading for home.

Maybe he was right. Maybe it would be too long before we were called back by SM. I really hope not. After Hankyung’s leave, SM has really considered stopping Super Junior-M permanently. I think that would be a huge blow onto them, but I guess I could understand if they did. But, just because I understood, didn’t mean I liked it.

When I got home, I saw a car parked outside my house. I frowned. Maybe Mom had company? But, I didn’t recognize the license plate. I pulled into the driveway and got out. As I headed for the door, I heard someone call my name.

“Hyung,” I heard. That language, so foreign and yet so familiar at the same time. I turned my head and saw two figures standing in the darkness of the front lawn. As he took a step into the light of the front porch, my eyes widened uncontrollably at the identity of said person.

“Guīxián,” I said as said person smirked.

“Nice to see you again, Hyung,” he said, coming toward me with the other man, “You remember Kibum, right?”

“Ah, Kibum,” I said, smiling, “Yeah, I remember. It’s been a while. Your hair got long.”

Kibum grabbed his long locks and shrugged, “Yeah, it did.”

“It looks good.”

“Thanks.”

“So,” Kyuhyun said, smiling, “Are you going to invite us in? Or are you going to make us stand out here to talk?”

“Oh, right,” I said, walking up the front steps and unlocking the door, “Come in.”

Thank you,” Kyuhyun said and I smirked. Kibum followed, bowing his head slightly in respect. I shut the door and led them into the family room, where I saw my mother sitting.

Ah, so you’ve already seen them,” she said, getting up from the couch and smiling, “I’ll leave you three alone. Would you like some tea?

Ah, no thanks,” Kyuhyun said politely, “But thank you.” Mom nodded and then left the room. I gestured for them to sit down on the couch as I sat in the armchair right next to it.

“So, what brings you here?” I asked, “Is your sister with you?” I didn’t think he’d accompany Ara here. And he didn’t even call first!

“Well, about that,” he said, “Ara won’t be coming. Actually, she isn’t even coming to China. I just made that up to get your address.”

I frowned, “Ok, well you’re here now. So, what do you need?”

“You,” Kyuhyun replied, plain and simple, “We need you to come to Korea with us.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

~Kibum POV~

I sat silently watching as Zhou Mi’s wide eyes glanced back and forth between Kyuhyun and me. Kyuhyun. Me. Kyuhyun. Me. Back to Kyuhyun. Back to me.

“I’m sorry,” he said, shaking his head, “What?” Really? What was so hard to understand?

“We. Need. You. To. Come. Back. To. Korea. With. Us,” Kyuhyun said nice and slowly, emphasizing each word, “Do you speak Korean?”

Zhou Mi gave Kyuhyun a small glare before laughing humorlessly.

“And why do you need me?” he asked, “SM hasn’t called me...”

“Yeah, because SM doesn’t know about this,” Kyuhyun said, “This is all my idea.”

Zhou Mi raised an eyebrow, then looked at me. “And I assume you’re a part of this?”

I shrugged, “I’ve made my decision.” Zhou Mi understood my meaning and nodded.

“So, why do you need me then?” he asked, “What are you planning?”

“An album,” Kyuhyun stated, “With all of us together. All fif-fourteen.”

Zhou Mi seemed to perk up at Kyuhyun’s little slip up.

“Fourteen?” he asked, “Why not fifteen?”

Kyuhyun pursed his lips, not saying anything. I sighed, “Hankyung-hyung didn’t take kindly to the idea...”

Zhou Mi nodded, “Ah, I see.”

“So, will you come with us?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Why are you doing this?” Zhou Mi asked, “What is the point?”

“Look, Hyung,” Kyuhyun said, rubbing his neck quickly, “Super Junior is falling apart. With the leave of all our members...we aren’t a group anymore. We don’t act like it either. Everyone is always fighting with one another and our relationships with each other are fragile. One wrong look or word results in a slap across the face or a punch in the gut. Nothing’s right...” Zhou Mi nodded as Kyuhyun explained the situation. He didn’t look happy about it.

“Well, I’ve got nothing to do,” Zhou Mi said, smiling as he rubbed his hands together.

“Really?” Kyuhyun exclaimed, smiling, “So, you’ll come with us?”

“Of course!” Zhou Mi laughed, excitedly, “And I assume you have a few more stops to make?”

“Yeah, Henry in Canada and then Kangin in Incheon,” I told him.

“Aw, too bad you didn’t come earlier. Henry was just here,” Zhou Mi said.

“What?” Kyuhyun exclaimed, “Is he still in China?”

“Nope,” Zhou Mi said, “I dropped him off at the airport earlier. He’s probably on his flight home right now.” Kyuhyun sighed.

“Ah well, we’ll just go to Canada like planned,” Kyuhyun said.

“Hey,” Zhou Mi said, “You can’t leave China without taking care of some unfinished business, can you?”

“What do you mean?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Han Geng. We can’t leave without him.”

“He’s already gone to visit family,” Kyuhyun sighed, “He isn’t coming back.”

“He’ll be back in Beijing in three weeks,” Zhou Mi said, “Are you in a rush?”

I glanced at Kyuhyun. “Are we?” I asked. Kyuhyun thought for a moment before shaking his head.

“No. We really have until December I think,” Kyuhyun said, “Teukie-hyung is entering the military in early 2011, so we need to get back with everyone before 2011...”

Zhou Mi smirked, “Then why don’t you stay for an extra three weeks. I think I can persuade Han Geng to come back.”

“How?” I asked, raising an eyebrow. He shrugged.

“I have my ways,” he said, “Besides, how mad was he that you risked your careers to come see him?” Was this guy psychic? Or did he just know Hankyung-hyung that well?

“Pretty mad,” Kyuhyun replied.

“Well, considering I don’t have a career at the moment, he won’t have his rage blinding him if I talk to him,” Zhou Mi said, “So, you can go to Canada without me while I wait to talk to him, or you can wait with me.”

I looked at Kyuhyun, who looked at me for approval. I shrugged.

“It’s your decision,” I said, “I don’t care either way.”

He pursed his lips, thinking. “Ok,” he said finally, “We’ll stay and wait.”

“Perfect,” Zhou Mi said, smiling, “If you want, you can stay here with me. We have a spare bedroom you can share.”

“That would actually be great,” I said. Yay! No more crummy hotel!

“Awesome,” Zhou Mi grinned, “Come on, why don’t you join us for dinner.”

And no more pre-packaged food! It’s official. I love this Zhou Mi guy.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

~Henry POV~                     One Week Later

Once I got home from the grocery, I brought everything in. It took a few trips, but I finally managed to bring all the bags in. Why couldn’t Mom go to the grocery herself? Or Clinton? Ugh, I always have to do this stuff when I’m not working...

I unpacked the groceries as I hummed to myself. Nobody was home and it was so quiet. I danced through the kitchen, putting the food in the refrigerator and cabinets. Once everything was put away, I grabbed my laptop and sat down on the couch.

Not even a minute passed by before the doorbell rang. I groaned as I got up to answer it. And I had just gotten comfortable too! I opened the door and my eyes widened. There was only one thing I could say...

You.