Chapter 26 - Change

Prom15e to 13elieve


Change

~Leeteuk POV~

I came back from Eunhyuk and my nightly broadcast of SuKiRa, feeling exhausted. All I wanted to do was go back into the dorm and go right to sleep. My feet were heavy as I trudged out of the elevator, Eunhyuk following behind me.

“You seem tired, Hyung,” Eunhyuk noted. I gave him my best smile.

“Just stressed,” I replied. Eunhyuk nodded.

“Jungsoo-hyung,” Eunhyuk said, quietly, “Do you think Kyu is ok?” I stopped walking and turned to look at him. His eyes were teary and I could feel the liquid come into mine as well.

“Yeah, I think he is,” I reassured him, “Kyuhyun-ah is strong, Hyuk. He’ll come back soon.”

Eunhyuk nodded, though he didn’t seem convinced. I patted his back once before heading back down the hall toward the dorm. Once I got my key out, I really didn’t feel like opening the door anymore. Why? Well, the screaming on the other side of the door was almost like a warning.

I had the sudden urge to just walk away from the door. Go down to the 11th floor dorm and sleep there instead. Not deal with the obvious problem going on in there. But then, I thought of Kyuhyun. I couldn’t leave the members like this. I was their leader...I had to help.

I put the key in and turned the knob. As soon as I did, my reflexes came into action as I grabbed Eunhyuk’s head and pushed him down with me, ducking out of the way of the flying object that was aimed at our heads.

“Will you shut up?!” I heard Donghae shout. I stood up and saw Donghae, glaring at Yesung, who was stoic as ever. Heechul and Sungmin were in between them, pushing them apart, while Ryeowook was sitting on the couch, ignoring them.

“Will you two stop it?!” Heechul shouted, pushing Donghae back from Yesung. Donghae flung Sungmin off of him.

“Get off me!” Donghae yelled, furiously, flailing his arms as he tried to get out of Heechul’s grip. He succeeded and lunged for Yesung again, but Eunhyuk and I managed to get in the way. We pushed Donghae back while Heechul went over to Yesung to push him away, just in case. However, when Heechul touched Yesung’s shoulder, he jerked out of his grip.

“Don’t touch me,” he said, softly but dangerously. Heechul, instead of getting angry and shouting at the both of them, just walked out of the room and slammed his door shut. That wasn’t like Heechul...

“Ryeowook-ah,” I heard Eunhyuk say, “Can you help, please?” I glanced over at Ryeowook, who had been watching but doing nothing this whole time, and he shrugged.

“Why don’t they work out their problems?” he asked, bitterly, “Why should I help you guys?”

“Why are you just letting this happen?” Sungmin asked, and I could see the rage building in his eyes. Ryeowook shrugged.

“Yesung was venting his anger,” Ryeowook said as if it was the simplest thing in the world, “Donghae was a victim. It’s not like this doesn’t happen everyday.”

“Ryeowook-ah!” Sungmin shouted, outraged, “What’s going on with you?!”

Ryeowook slammed his hands on the couch as he stood up, “What’s wrong with me?! What’s wrong with you?! Why do you even bother to stop this?! It’s inevitable!” He then turned to me.

“And you!” he shouted, pointing his finger at me, “Why don’t you do a damn thing to fix this?! What kind of leader just sits back and lets all of this happen?!”

“Ryeowook-ah, that’s enough!” Eunhyuk scolded.

“No,” I said, placing my hand on Eunhyuk’s shoulder, smiling softly, “Keep going, Ryeowook-ah. Let it out.” Ryeowook was on the verge of tears as he pushed me, sending me back a few steps.

“Why can’t you keep us together?!” he shouted, pushing me again, “Why can’t you lead us like before?! Why can’t everybody just get along?! WHY?!” He pushed me again and again until my back was against the wall. He then turned around and glared at everyone in the room.

“What are we doing?” he said, and I saw the tears glistening on his cheek, “Why are we fighting over such trivial matters? Yesung-hyung, Donghae-hyung didn’t do anything wrong, so why are you yelling at him? Why are you always pushing Heechul-hyung away?

“And Donghae-hyung, why are you throwing things and breaking things simply because of words? Why are you arguing with him over nothing?” He wiped his eyes furiously as Sungmin walked over to him and comforted him.

“I just want it to stop,” he cried as Sungmin hugged him, rubbing his back, “I want everything to be normal again. When will things change?” I slowly went over to him and hugged him behind his back. Yesung sat on the couch, holding his head in his hands, while Eunhyuk dragged Donghae to the chair and sat him down, wiping his own tears. As Ryeowook cried, I glanced up and saw one of the doors close shut. I frowned and let go of Ryeowook to check on it. I opened the door and saw Heechul, sitting on the bed, hunched over. I shut the door quietly and walked over to him. When I touched his back, he jumped slightly and turned his head to look up at me. His eyes were red and puffy...a sure sign that he had been crying.

“Oh, Jungsoo-hyung,” he said, wiping his eyes and turning back to hide his face, “What are you doing here?”

I sat down beside him and rubbed his back, “Did you hear?” Heechul was stiff for a moment before he relaxed and I could see the tears streaming down his face, covered by his long hair. He trembled with his sobs that were uncontrollable.

“I’m sorry,” he mumbled, “I’m so sorry.”

“What do you have to be sorry for?” I asked him.

“I...” he said, not able to finish. I pulled him in for a hug, closing my eyes.

“You’ve done nothing wrong, Heechul-ah,” I told him, honestly, “What could you possibly be sorry for?”

“I feel selfish,” he replied in the midst of his sobs, “While our group is going through all of this. Our maknae is missing and we’re already on thin ice. And now...I’m leaving.”

I sighed and let go of the hug, looking into Heechul’s eyes, “Heechul-ah, don’t feel selfish. You’re doing what you need to do for our country.”

“...But is it right for the group?” Heechul asked. I had to think of that for a moment. Was it right? I know Yesung had a grudge against Heechul because of Kyuhyun’s disappearance, but it was only a grudge, right? And even so, we all love Heechul. He’s our brother, our family. Was it ok for him to leave?

“I don’t know, Heechul-ah,” I sighed, rubbing his back and leaning my head on his shoulder, “But it can’t be helped.” Heechul nodded, still crying. I felt tears even run down my face as I thought of it...

Super Junior is no longer what it’s supposed to be at the moment. We aren’t what we used to be. I was always taught that change is a good thing...but whoever told me that was obviously wrong. This change is our downfall. This change...

This change might be the end of Super Junior as we know it.