Chapter 23 - I Would Do Anything...

Prom15e to 13elieve

 

I Would Do Anything...

~Kyuhyun POV~

Good news? We’re on a flight to Canada! Bad news? We had to wait three days to get one. Who knew Canada was such a popular country? Well, now we have exactly eighteen days to get to Canada, get Henry to come with us, then fly to Korea, convince Kangin and the government to let Kangin take a one or two year break from the army, and then fly back to Seoul before Heechul enlists himself into the army. Eighteen days...

“Guīxián,” Zhou Mi whispered from his seat beside me on the plane, “Relax.”

“I’m totally relaxed,” I replied. Zhou Mi then poked my shoulder.

“You’re as stiff as a board,” he said, “Come on, get some sleep. You haven’t slept at all during the past three days.”

“I have to plan out every detail in order for it to work, Mi,” I told him, “One mistake or distraction, and Heechul is gone.”

“Can’t we just pull him out of the army like what we’re going to do with Kangin?”

I shook my head, “I don’t even know if we can get Kangin out. And if – and that’s a very large if – we manage to get Kangin out, I highly doubt they would let us take Heechul out too...especially considering his age and the fact that he just enlisted.”

“You need to think positively, Guīxián,” Zhou Mi said, smiling slightly, “Just take a breather. We can’t do anything when we’re in the air. And we still have another five hours up in the sky.”

“Will you both shut up?” Kibum asked from the aisle seat, “You may not want to sleep, but I do.” He then rolled over in his seat and got comfortable again. Zhou Mi smirked, then looked back at me.

“Come on, Guīxián,” he said, patting my shoulder and getting comfortable himself, “As soon as we land, we’ll head straight for Henry’s. Until then, the only thin you can do is get some rest so that once we get him, we’re ready to leave for Incheon.” I smiled softly.

“Alright, I’ll try,” I whispered, leaning my head back against the headrest and looking out the window of the airplane. I really did need some sleep...

~***~

“That’s not how it goes!” Eunhyuk shouted at the top of his lungs.

“Yes it is! It’s YOU who’s not doing it right!” Shindong shouted back.

“Will you both just shut up?!” Donghae followed, getting up from his spot in the corner of the practice room.

“I need a break,” Leeteuk muttered, leaving the room with Heechul and Sungmin following. Of course he would leave...

“Why are you even a part of the Bonamana dance break?!” Eunhyuk shouted, pushing Shindong, “You can’t even do the steps right!”

“I’M doing them right! YOU’RE the one who keeps hitting me!” Shindong followed, pushing the skinny man.

“Let’s just get Sungmin-hyung to do it!” Eunhyuk screamed, frustrated, “He’s a better dancer than fatty over there!”

“What did you call me?!” Shindong yelled, going after Eunhyuk. I sighed and sat in the corner of the room, holding my head.

“You ok, Kyuhyun-ah?” I heard a voice ask. I looked up and saw Ryeowook, looking down at me worriedly. I smiled my best smile.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I replied. Ryeowook smiled, then went to the other side of the room with Yesung and Siwon as they tried sorting out the vocals for the song. I looked back at Shindong and Eunhyuk fighting while Donghae was trying to stop them from killing each other.

“Will you just stop it?!” Donghae shouted, pushing the two apart. I sighed and buried my face in my hands again. Why was everything such a problem? Why did everyone have to fight? Why couldn’t we sort these things out civilly?

I looked up once more to see Eunhyuk pushing Shindong into a wall while the bigger man pushed the anchovy away, easily. Donghae was struggling to hold Shindong back, and soon Siwon stepped in to help while Yesung and Ryeowook had to hold Eunhyuk. Leeteuk, our leader, was nowhere to be found.

I looked into the mirror at myself, wondering. Is this really what we’ve become? A group of boys who fight like gangs? I can’t even call us men anymore...we’re nothing but little boys who like to pick fights about every little thing. When will we all grow up and stop this? When will things go back to normal? What will it take to stop the fighting already? Because...

...I would do anything to make it happen.

~***~

My eyes opened straight away and I looked out the window to see that we had just landed. I sat up in my seat and saw a small drop land on my pant leg. I touched my cheek and felt it was wet. I was crying. I let out a small sigh as I took some tissues from the pouch on the seat in front of me and wiped my cheeks and eyes. I then reached over and shook Zhou Mi and Kibum awake.

“Hey, guys,” I whispered, and they stirred, waking up immediately, “Come on, we just landed. Let’s get ready.” They both nodded and started putting their blankets and pillows away while taking their backpacks out from underneath the seat. I continued to stare out the window at the dark sky of Canada, remembering my dream. I smiled softly as I remembered my thought during that day in practice. I told myself I would do anything to make the fighting stop...

...And now I was.