Chapter 2 - I'll Help You

Prom15e to 13elieve

I'll Help You

~Sungmin POV~

“You should already know,” Kyuhyun said, “Think about what is in each of my destinations. There’s something important there. I need to go.” I lowered my head, thinking. Kyuhyun took one step forward before glancing back.

“And Hyung,” he said, and I jerked my head up, “Don’t tell anyone. I’ll be back before you know it.” And with that, Kyuhyun left the room. I just stood in the room, frozen. Why? Why would Kyuhyun abandon us like this? And why would he go to those places...of all places! It didn’t make sense...

“Think about what is in each of my destinations. There’s something important there.” What is so important in Gangwon-do, Beijing, Ontario, and Incheon? Why is he going there? I don’t understand! Why?

I pulled my laptop out and searched everything. First, I searched Gangwon-do. I found a few results, but then I saw something interesting.

‘Kim Kibum filming movie in Gangneung, Gangwon-do. Pictures!’ My eyes widened. So that’s where Kibum-ah was filming! And wait...

I typed the words “Super Junior Beijing China” in the search box and got a few results. A bunch were about Super Junior-M visiting, even some from a long time ago. And then, I found what I was looking for.

‘Super Junior member, Han Geng, spotted moving to Beijing!’ The article was from a while ago, right after he sued SM, but it confirmed none-the-less. I saw another article below that one.

‘Super Junior-M member, Zhou Mi to visit family in Beijing during break time.’ So, Zhou Mi was in Beijing as well. And I didn’t even need to search to find out what was in Canada. Still, I want to be sure.

BAM! First article on the search site.

‘Super Junior-M Henry goes back to Canada with family.’ Of course, Mochi was in Canada. But...what about Incheon? I typed in the words “Super Junior Incheon” and hit search. A bunch were about Ryeowook being from Incheon, but then one caught my eye.

‘Super Junior member Kangin confirmed in military base in Incheon.’ Kangin? Kangin-hyung was in Incheon? So wait, Kyuhyun is going to those four places. And Kibum, Hankyung, Zhou Mi, Henry, and Kangin are in those four places...

My eyes widened in realization. Kyuhyun wanted to regroup Super Junior! He was going to find the missing members! I felt tears come to my eyes. He was so sweet...

I shut my computer closed and ran out the door. I ran out of the apartment without grabbing my shoes. I faintly heard Heechul-hyung yelling for me, but I ignored him. I had to get to Kyuhyun-ah. I had to help him!

“Kyuhyun-ah!” I called in the garage. I heard the squealing of tires and saw Kyuhyun’s car license plate. I ran after it, but it didn’t stop. It the road and drove away. I stood there in the door of the garage with wide eyes. I ran back upstairs and back into the dorm. Heechul-hyung was there with Donghae-ah.

“Hyung, what happened?” Donghae asked, confused.

“Oh,” I said, trying to catch my breath, “Uh, I just needed to tell Kyuhyun to pick me up another pair of socks. Mine have holes in them.”

“Oh, ok,” Heechul-hyung said, going back to the television. Donghae nodded too and left. I quickly ran back to my room and shut the door. I shut the light off to make it look like I was sleeping and started pacing the room in the dark. What should I do? Should I tell the members? Or should I let Kyuhyun go? But...how could I let him go do this by himself?! He was still the maknae! I couldn’t just let him travel the world by himself to try and get the Super Junior members back! Or could I...

“Aish!” I sighed, flopping back onto my bed. Or was it Kyuhyun’s? I couldn’t tell in the dark. I rubbed my eyes and stared at the ceiling that I could barely see in the dark room. Why was this so difficult to decide? It was to either tell or not. Yes or no. It was simple. And yet, it seemed so much more complicated than that. Kyuhyun was taking a HUGE risk by leaving the group without warning or notice or explanations! And by trying to regroup the members together again too! Was he insane?

And yet...I wanted to help. Kyuhyun was doing this for a reason, and I can almost guarantee part of it (or all of it) was because of us...because of his hyungs. Thinking back, we haven’t been very good hyungs to him since Kangin-hyung left...hell, we haven’t been right since Hankyung-hyung sued SM. We haven’t been a group. We’ve all been cranky and moody and constantly fighting. And yet, there was Kyuhyun. Fighting for us. Whenever we fought, he’d be there to break it up. Whenever we were silent, he was there to try to start conversation.

But we never cooperated. We would yell at him for being annoying. We would ignore him and hope he left. We wouldn’t act like a group. We wouldn’t act like a family.

So Kyuhyun had now taken it upon himself to fix it. And what could I do to make up for the times that I’ve been a horrible hyung? I couldn’t just let him go! He had no idea what he was doing! And the fans! What if they spotted him? What if Kyuhyun got hurt? What if he didn’t succeed? Would he even come back?

And with that, I made up my mind. Kyuhyun wouldn’t go through this alone. But, I couldn’t leave now. I had just lied to Donghae-ah and Heechul-hyung. If I left now, they would know something was up. No, I would wait until morning. Like Kyuhyun said, his flight wasn’t until four days from now...well, three by the time I get to him. I know exactly where he’s going and what he’s doing.

I’ll help you, Kyuhyun-ah. We’ll reunite Super Junior...together.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

~Kyuhyun POV~

Aish, this drive is longer than I expected it to be. I knew it would be difficult, but this is just insane! How do truck drivers do it? Or pilots? Or...anyone for that matter!

I had resorted to putting the top of the car down so that the cold air would keep me awake, but I still had an hour left before I even reached Gangwon-do. Would I make it?

I sighed, making my lips vibrate in a pout. Why had I decided to drive from 12 until 3 to get to Kibum? Oh yeah, I didn’t think. I just decided to do what my hyungs should have done a long time ago. Why did they leave all the important matters up to the maknae? They’re older and more experienced than me! They should be setting an example and taking charge for God’s sake!

Aish, enough thinking of that. One more hour...maybe if I speed, I can make it in 45 minutes. But, I shouldn’t really speed...ah, what the hell! There are no cops on this road! Kibum, here I come!