Chapter 28 - Kangin

Prom15e to 13elieve

Kangin

~Kibum POV~

So, after getting to the hotel and taking a small nap, here we are at Kangin’s army base wearing caps and sunglasses. We also had some of that clay from Hankyung’s concert left over, so we used some of that on our nose and cheekbones.

“This stuff itches!” Henry shouted, rubbing his face.

“Sh!” everyone shushed him. Seriously, we’re outside the base, hiding in the bushes, trying to figure out how to get in and see Kangin without giving ourselves away and you decide to yell in your accented Korean? No, Henry.

“How are we supposed to get in?” Hankyung whispered.

“How am I supposed to know?” Kyuhyun questioned, “I’ve never been to an army base before!”

“Neither have I!” Hankyung retorted.

“Let’s calm down,” Zhou Mi said, patting their shoulders, “Who is the least famous in Korea?”

“Hey! We’re not doing a popularity vote here!” Henry said, smacking his arm.

“Afraid you’re gonna lose?” Kyuhyun asked, a goofy grin on his face.

“We have no time for this,” I sighed, standing up out of the bushes and walking out into the open. I took my sunglasses off and prayed that the clay on my face would be enough to make me look different.

“Kibum! Get back here!” Kyuhyun hissed. I ignored him and walked toward the base. Once I entered, I took a look around to see who was there. No Kangin, but that didn’t mean anything. He could be anywhere in this base.

“Excuse me,” a voice said, and I turned to see a soldier there, “May I help you?”

“Ah, yes,” I said, bowing, “My name is Kim Kwanghee. I was just looking around.” I used a fake name so nobody knew who I really was.

“May I ask why?” the soldier continued.

“Oh, I was thinking of enrolling in the army for my mandatory service soon,” I explained, “I’m originally from Seoul, but I’m living here in Incheon and I was wondering which base I should enroll in for my first month of training.” The soldier seemed to buy my story as a large grin spread across his face and he started to welcome me.

“Ah, well welcome then,” he said, bowing, “I’m Park Dongmin and I’m the base commander. It’s nice to meet you, Kwanghee-ssi.”

“Likewise,” I said, and he gestured me to walk with him.

“Please, follow me,” he said, “I’ll show you around the base.”

“Thank you,” I smiled, bowing to thank him. Well, this worked out pretty well. Thank you SM for your intense acting training sessions.

We walked around the base and Dongmin just continued to tell me about how great this army base was. I had a feeling that he wasn’t very bright, judging by the fact that he would not shut up.

“...And then he was inducted into the Hall of Fame! Yep, right from this base,” he continued babbling, “Oh, and we also have celebrities here at this base. One of them is from that popular boy band, Super Junior.” I perked up. Finally some useful information!

“Super Junior?” I repeated, “Yeah, my younger sister loves that group. Which member?”

Dongmin seemed really excited now, “Oh, the best member in the group! Also the most handsome!” I felt my eye twitch...Kangin has been brainwashing these guys, hasn’t he? “He’s Kangin!”

Shoving my annoyance down, I smiled, “Oh, I’ve heard of him. My sister always talks about him and how much she misses him in the group.”

“Well, we can probably find him and maybe he can sign something for you,” Dongmin suggested, still trying to up to me, “He’s around here somewhere!”

“Uh, yeah ok,” I said, nonchalantly. Inside though, I was screaming in joy. Kangin-hyung! God, I feel like a fan girl.

We walked through the base with Dongmin continuing his babbling. I tuned him out and looked for Kangin. Where are you?

“Ah, here he is,” Dongmin said, and I turned my head in the direction he was pointing at, “Kim Youngwoon!” A man turned around and I immediately recognized him. He smiled brightly and ran over to Dongmin, halting in front of him and saluting.

“Sir!” he exclaimed, and I couldn’t help but smile. He looked so happy...

Dongmin chuckled, “Please, you know that you don’t need to do that around me. We’re friends, Youngwoon-ah.” Kangin rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. “Anyway, this here is Kim Kwanghee. He might be joining this base for military training soon. His sister is a fan of yours.” Kangin looked at me and smiled.

“Oh, nice to meet you,” he greeted, bowing, “I’m Kim Youngwoon.” I bowed back, trying to control the smile that was threatening to spread across my lips.

“Nice to meet you too, Youngwoon-ssi,” I greeted. Just then, someone else called for him, so he just turned back and smiled.

“Sorry, but I have to go,” he said. Dongmin was about to protest, but I smiled.

“That’s ok,” I said, though it was really not ok, “Go ahead.” He smiled and ran off to the guy who called him. Dongmin started babbling again, but I just watched Kangin. He talked to a guy and then walked into the hallway with him. Dongmin had been pulled aside by another soldier to talk about something.

“Excuse me,” I said to Dongmin, “Can I just use the restroom? Which way is it?”

“Oh, right down the hall on the left,” he instructed. I thanked him and walked down the hall. I was just wandering aimlessly around, hoping to find Kangin somewhere. A bunch of soldiers passed by me and greeted me, not surprised by the fact that I was not a soldier and was just wandering the base. Must happen a lot I guess.

Finally, I spotted Kangin sitting at a table with some other guys. I couldn’t approach him because it would just be weird and probably get me thrown out. A random duded approaching an idol star and asking him to follow him? Ha, no. So, I waited around the corner for him to get up. After about ten minutes of him sitting and talking, he finally stood up and walked toward my direction.

“Excuse me,” I called, and he stopped to look at me.

“Oh, Kwanghee-ssi,” he said, looking surprised, “Can I help you?”

“Yes, you can,” I said, “Can we speak in private?”

“Um, I really need to go,” Kangin said, taking a step back.

“Please, Youngwoon-hyung,” I said, looking around. The coast was clear, so I reached up and took the clay off of my face, “It’s Kibum.” His eyes widened and he just stared at me. I waited for him to do something, praying that nobody would walk this way and see us. After about a minute of him not moving, he finally grabbed my arm and pulled me into the first room in the hall...a closet.

“You know,” I said as Kangin turned the light on in the closet, “I’m happy to see you too, but don’t you think this is a little weird between us men?” He smacked me upside the head.

“Idiot,” he said, “Don’t speak to your hyung like that!” I chuckled.

“You haven’t changed at all, Hyung,” I said, and Kangin chuckled.

“Neither have you, cheeky brat,” he retorted, “What are you doing here?”

“Well, we got a situation,” I explained.

“We?” Kangin asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah, I’m here with Kyuhyun-ah, Zhou Mi-hyung, Henry-ah, and Hankyung-hyung.”

“Why?” he asked again.

“Well, long story short, we’re here to get you out of the army,” I said, a smile on my face. He gave me a blank look for a few seconds before opening his mouth.

“Explain,” he said, sternly, “Now.”

________________________________________________________________________________________________

~Kyuhyun POV~

“Kibum! Get back here!” I hissed at him, but he just continued walking. What was this idiot thinking?! Just walking into an army base with no care in the world. I swear, if he blows this for us, I’m going to kill him.

“Well, Kibum’s gone,” Hankyung said, “What now?” I glared at him. Not the time, Hankyung.

“Let’s just stay calm,” Zhou Mi said, trying to calm me down, “Kibum isn’t stupid. He won’t blow this.”

“It sure seems like he’s trying to blow this,” I muttered.

“Maybe we should go after him?” Henry suggested.

I shook my head, “No, let him go on his own. It’s one thing if one person walks in there, but if four of them follow? Besides, you three aren’t even full Korean citizens. You have no reason to go into an army base.”

“True,” Hankyung agreed.

“So should we just wait here for him?” Henry asked.

“Sounds like the best option,” I sighed, hoping the doors of the base would open now and Kibum would stroll out, unharmed.

“Can we just do one thing?” Zhou Mi asked, and the three of us glanced at him, “Can we get out of this freaking bushes? My back hurts and there are branches going into my legs! And my shirt is ripped! Look at this!” He showed us a small hole in his shirt. I rolled my eyes.

“You’ll live,” I told him.

“Not if my shirt gets another hole in it,” Zhou Mi practically cried. Seriously? It was a shirt. You’ll live.

“Well, let’s at least pass the time in these bushes,” Hankyung said, sitting down on the ground, “Ah, it’s so much more comfy to sit than to crouch down.”

“Except for the fact that there is a twig sticking into my back,” Henry complained after sitting down. Hankyung shrugged.

“We need to be quiet,” I hissed at them, “We can’t get caught!”

“Calm down, Kyu,” Hankyung told me. I took a deep breath and went back to staring at the door, tuning out their useless bickering. Come on, Kibum. What are you doing?

After about twenty minutes of nothing, I saw someone looking around the back of the building. I looked closer and saw that it was actually Kibum!

“There he is!” I said, pointing toward him. The other three got on their knees and looked at Kibum as well.

“What’s he doing?” Henry asked. Kibum then motioned for someone to move, and I saw another figure wearing an army uniform, running through the parking lot at top speed. As he got closer, I felt my heart lift. Kibum did it! He got him!

Kangin-hyung.