Epilogue - The Last Man Standing

Prom15e to 13elieve

The Last Man Standing

~Kyuhyun POV~

Things have never been better. Today’s date is November 19th, 2011. In just five minutes, we will take the stage for our very first performance as a part of the Super Show 4 World Tour. Not only will we take the stage, but all fifteen of us will go out together, like we should.  We released our 5th album, “Mr. Simple”, in August and it was a huge success. We all performed the song together and we all had separate singing parts as well. Our fans loved seeing us together too. I can’t even describe the feeling of getting on a stage with my fourteen brothers. Yes, it was cramped, but it was so amazing that I didn’t even think about spacing issues.

And now, here we are, all fifteen of us, backstage, waiting to get out there and perform together. Every last seat in the arena is occupied, and there are even people crowded around the edges of the Seoul Olympic Gymnastics Arena.  I can hear the crowd chanting for us. They chant our group name and they chant our names, individually. They include all of our names. The feeling that comes when I hear all of our names together is just something indescribable.

“Ok, are we ready?” Leeteuk shouted over the loud shouts of the audience in the arena and the beginning of the introduction VCR.

“More than we’ve ever been,” I answered, and he grinned. He put his hand in the middle and we all piled our hands on top of his, ready to cheer.

“We’ve worked so hard for this,” Leeteuk started, “We’ve gone through so much hardship as well. But, who would have ever thought that our dream would come true. All fifteen of us, together, on the stage. It’s real, and it’s happening.” I saw him tearing up and I actually felt tears in my eyes as well.

“I don’t think we’ve ever been more prepared than this,” he continued, “We’re together again and we’re stronger than ever. We’re a team, and we’ll stay that way.”

“Yes, we will,” Hankyung voiced, his eyes closed. Leeteuk smiled and took a deep breath.

“Now, let’s put on the concert of our lives,” he said, a fire in his voice that I haven’t heard in a while, “We’ll keep going until our bodies break. We’ll give our fans back the love that they have given us, tenfold. We won’t stop until we reach the top, because we are Super Junior. We are superior.” Everyone nodded at his words, ready to go. I even felt myself smiling and nodding with him.

“One, two, three,” he counted before we all shouted together, “FIGHTING!” We lifted our hands together and started clapping. Yesung was laughing as he had managed to grab Leeteuk’s hand in the pile of them, and Leeteuk just hugged him. We started walking to our starting positions and I felt someone wrap their arm around my shoulder.

“Well, you did it,” he said, and I didn’t even need to look to know it was Sungmin, “I’m sorry I couldn’t help more.”

I smiled, “You did more than enough. It’s not like I wanted help anyway.”

He laughed, “You’re so stubborn.”

“You know it,” I agreed.

“How does it feel?” he asked as we stopped at his spot on the platform under the stage, “To be together like this.”

I grinned, unable to contain my happiness. “It’s a dream.”

Sungmin chuckled, “No it isn’t, Kyuhyun-ah. This is reality.”

I smiled at him, then continued to my spot on the platform. Once I arrived, I looked forward as the long platform began to rise to the stage. As I looked out at the sapphire blue sea in the arena, it took every ounce of my self control to maintain the cool, suave image that I needed to keep up as the intro to “Superman” began playing through the speakers. I glanced to my left and saw Shindong, Ryeowook, Kangin, and Zhou Mi, also maintaining their images. On my right, Eunhyuk, Kibum, Siwon, Heechul, Donghae, Yesung, Leeteuk, Sungmin, Hankyung, and Henry were also there, ready to perform. I could feel the lyrics of this song empower me before we even began singing. Just that one line in the beginning was enough to define our entire group. Our good times and our bad times. Our laughs and our struggles. That one line defined everything that we were, everything that we are, and what we will become. Because in the end we are Super Junior...

The Last Man Standing.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I can’t believe that it’s actually over. After 226 days (32 weeks and 2 days) this story has finally come to an end. It feels as if I just started it, really. I feel really proud that I was actually able to finish this story and that so many people read it! I never expected that I would get even 50 subscribers, let alone 148! Thank you guys so much!

ArabellaChi17
KimMiinah
Azziana-azmy
TheLastManStanding
maknae13
jamjar (thank you for the poster too!)
eunsihae1987
sujuroxkz4ever97
angelsmiles
ScarletRosePetals
hyukfied
squishyxblob
yesungie
WenWen
sujunme
moonbunnie21
midnight
princessfroggie
SJangels
heemochi
Natura
Akira97
JBzherimaar
Miji96
kpopluvrs
whiteprincess23
MisSimpleSJ
MaineChong
Ghea88
bubblez501
rochirusan
blackspiderlily
SujuLabyrinth
nyansuju
ChoKyute
k-love-biased
seamus1990
Yungis
hongchul
apple_pie
SandoraSohma
Adai-K
doublebusta14
cherry1001
Hyukmin1305
littlehalcyon
13merle
lildoolmai
Hannahjae
--pandabear
theHottestELF
kpoplover2011
garie09
danaq22
charliebrownwolf
kirstie
Krystalrocks
xins321x
Maknae_Mingkki
EhkkalaMinYoungie
forgotten_dreams
immaninja13
Prince13KYu
cynder8
chorionstar
SUJULOVEELF96
SHINee_Teenfinite
babykyu1931
RahhRahh
MochiMinEunHaeTeuk
themixedtape
qrieya
Nightrise119
Shineelover95
Onkyuhae
shineekim
silverseaturtles
purple_angel17
Avazoom85
KyuhyunELF563
---Effloresvencent
kuro_usagi0730
xXJulietteXx
kyu0306
Y-chan90
SushiCushi
ComoChocolate
itachikiba
yukipearlz
trainontrack
haneul_lee
smileasyoucan
chibichelle
burdieburd
zodiacprincess14
Syakirah2000
HDI_19
hematite
baynana
emodedfish
pockyisawesome
mJoy614_SuJu1106
elf232109
TheBestOfKpop
CloudFu
chohaneul
Taewanmix
kyu5671
KissDromedaGirl
xvisualshockx
sam_1235
kierianna
MinayNguyen
shadowkazaki
xSuperJuniorx
LadyKPOPotter
lemonkpoplover
purpleninjaELF22
ssapphire212
Juststephjubjub
lizzie01
DragonGirl8493
Cloudsungie
BLOOP2530
AndizzzSuju
lahdeedah000
middle11992
Starstrucknic
MehrongKorean
Silversakura
citylights
emille_suju
DeliaGem
SoEun_choding
sh4d0w
hermion8
chavar
strawberrycookies
JuzzMee91
ForeverVIBx
loveandhearts
Kyunggi
Aurasora
Dazzine
KpopLover15751
carolina
foreverkpopgrl
Kind-Hearted_Devil

Thank you to the people who have stuck with this story from beginning to end! And thank you to everyone who found the story in the middle, as well as the people who might just be finding it now! It really means a lot to me that so many people actually enjoyed reading this story and took time out of their day to leave comments! And even if you didn’t leave any comments, just reading the story is enough to make me really happy. The feeling that I have now marking this story “complete” is indescribable. This story was the first story that I’ve ever posted on any internet site and it got so much love. I really can’t thank you guys enough! And now, I shall let my baby go. Again, thank you to everyone who has subscribed, commented, and read this story! It means the world to me! <3 Thanks for reading !