Chapter 7 - Where Are You?

Prom15e to 13elieve

Where Are You?

~Kyuhyun POV~

Ten days. That’s how long it’s been since we arrived here in Beijing. I can easily say that this is the worst plan that I’ve ever come up with.

Who knew that, ever since the lawsuit, Hankyung-hyung has been busier than ever! He just announced that he’s releasing a solo album, he’s already released the title track and the MV for it, and he’s planning a solo concert within the next week. Kibum and I have been stressing on how to get to Hankyung-hyung...but we’ve come up with absolutely nothing.

“Maybe during the variety show tomorrow?” Kibum suggested.

“No,” I said, sighing, “Too many fans there. Plus the MCs and staff. It’s too much...and Super Junior-M has been on that show before. They’ll recognize us.” I covered my face with my hands and lied back on the bed in our hotel. Oh, have I mentioned we only left our hotel room once since getting here? Yeah, we bought some food and came right back...

“Then how about the special fan performance on July 12?”

“That’s two days from today and they don’t even have the location posted. Plus...”

“Too many fans,” Kibum finished for me, turning back to his computer screen. Really? What was with his Gengfans? Leave the guy alone for once! Aish...

 “Our only other option is his solo concert on the 17th,” Kibum said, clicking through the websites.

“How could we get backstage though?” I asked, thinking through everything that could go wrong, “Plus the staff and security will be really strict. Not to mention he will be on stage the entire time, and then the obvious problem of fans...”

“It’s the only shot we have,” Kibum said, still looking on the computer, “After his solo concert here, he’s going back home to family.”

“Maybe we can get him when he’s with his family?”

“His family knows us,” Kibum explained, “Besides, remember how against Super Junior they were? Well, they liked us and supported us, but they would rather have Hankyung-hyung here in China as a solo artist. They won’t let us talk him into coming back...”

“Ugh!” I exclaimed, frustrated, “Why must you be so popular, Hyung?!” Then, my phone rang. I grabbed it and threw it across the room, “Shut up!” I didn’t need to see who was calling...I already knew.

“You should answer them,” Kibum said, suddenly, and I sat up to look at him. He shrugged, “They’re just gonna keep calling. They’ve already delayed ‘No Other’ in order for you to come back...”

I huffed and got up off the bed. I took my phone and checked the missed call. Ah, so Ryeowook tried calling this time. The past ten times have been Sungmin...

I sighed and dialed the number of the only one who had a clue as to where I was. It rang a few times before he answered...

“Where are you?”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

~Sungmin POV~

“Come on, Sungmin-ah!” Leeteuk exclaimed, “We’re all going out together to eat. You need to come too.”

“Really, Hyung,” I replied, “I don’t feel well. I’ll just stay home.” Then I can sneak away and find Kyuhyun.

“Then I’ll stay home with you,” Leeteuk said, concerned, “You shouldn’t be home alone if you don’t feel well.”

“I can take care of myself, Hyung. Go have fun with the others, I’ll be ok.” Yeah, I’ll go my own way...

“Nah, I’ll stay here,” Leeteuk smiled, sitting on the couch, “Heechul-ah! You’re in charge...can I trust you this time?”

Heechul glared at Leeteuk, who glared back. I mentally sighed. Here we go again...

“What do you mean by that?” Heechul demanded.

“Do you know where our maknae is?” Leeteuk asked with narrowed eyes. Heechul just glared. I knew Heechul-hyung felt guilty about Kyuhyun going missing, but Leeteuk really didn’t need rub it in.

“Come on, Hyung,” Eunhyuk said, grabbing Heechul’s arm and trying to pull him out the door, “Let’s go eat.”

Heechul yanked his arm out of Eunhyuk’s grip, “Don’t touch me! And I’ve already admitted fault! Why do you need to keep rubbing it in?!”

Leeteuk simply shrugged and Heechul took a step forward. Donghae and Yesung stepped in front of him and pushed him back.

“Come on,” Shindong said, pulling Heechul from behind, “We promised to meet Siwon-ah in 10 minutes.”

“Screw him!” Heechul shouted, pulling himself out of their grip, “I’ll eat back at the dorm!” And with that, he stalked out of the dorm to go to the 12thfloor. I saw Ryeowook on the phone and I went over to him.

“He still doesn’t answer,” Ryeowook muttered softly, staring at his phone with teary eyes. I grabbed the maknae in a hug and I could feel him trying not to cry. I rubbed his back soothingly for a few moments while Donghae and Eunhyuk were trying to get Leeteuk to apologize to Heechul and Shindong and Yesung went up to get Heechul to come back down. I calmed Ryeowook down and let him go. I watched the chaos around me and was reminded of years ago...back in SuperJunior05...

My phone ringing brought me out of my thoughts. I took it out and my eyes widened at the caller ID. I looked up to see everyone looking at me, expectantly, hoping it was who they wanted to hear from. I smiled slightly.

“It’s my brother,” I told them, going to my room to answer it. Once I shut the door I hit the call button and held the phone to my ear.

“Where are you?” I hissed, trying not to be too loud.

“What? No ‘nice to hear from you’? Or ‘how’ve you been’? Thanks, Hyung...”

“This isn’t funny, Kyuhyun! Do you know how worried everyone is over you? Everything’s getting worse!”

“Really? Huh, I see it completely differently...”

“Of course you would! You aren’t even here!”

“Nah, I don’t mean it like that,” Kyuhyun chuckled.

“Who’s that?” I heard in the background, and I stiffened. He was with someone?

“Sungmin-hyung,” Kyuhyun responded to the person.

“Kyuhyun-ah, who’s with you?” I asked, curious.

Kyuhyun chuckled, “Just my partner-in-crime. Nobody you need to know about right now...”

“Gee, I’m hurt,” the voice said, and Kyuhyun laughed. That’s the happiest I’ve heard Kyu in a long time...

“Kyu, where are you now?” I asked softly. I needed to know. If I was going to help him, I needed to know where to meet him...

“I didn’t call to tell you where I am, Sungmin,” Kyuhyun said, completely serious, “If I do, you’ll just try to come and find me.”

“What do you expect me to do?” I asked, “I want to help you, Kyuhyun-ah!”

“Thank you for being concerned and wanting to help, Sungmin, but you can’t. You need to stay with Super Junior. We’re already down one for ‘No Other’...”

“We’ve delayed ‘No Other’ promotions for you, Kyu. We’re waiting for you to come back.”

“Don’t wait,” he said – no, demanded, “Don’t wait for me. What I’m doing is going to take time, Sungmin. It might be a few months until I return...”

“What?!” I exclaimed, a little too loud. I silently cursed myself, praying that nobody heard me, “How long does it take to talk to everyone? Did you get to Kibum-ah?”

“I can’t reveal anything to you, Sungmin. If I do, you’ll be sure to figure out where I am. You’re smart, Hyung.”

I rolled my eyes, “Cho Kyuhyun! You will tell me where you are right now!”

“Kyuhyun?” I turned around towards where the voice came from and saw Leeteuk-hyung standing in the doorway, his eyes wide filled with a sliver of hope.

Crap.