Chapter 14 - The Visitor

Prom15e to 13elieve

Quick note: Underlined words are English while Italicized words are Chinese. Normal is Korean.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

The Visitor

~Kibum POV~

Ok, I might have met Zhou Mi only once or twice in my life, but I know for sure that this is not Zhou Mi. Nor is this person related to Zhou Mi. How do I know that? Well, for starters...she’s not even Asian.

Um, hello,” Kyuhyun said in the only Chinese that I know. The girl raised her eyebrow, so I figured I should step in.

Hello,” I said in English, and her eyes widened at me, “Um, do you speak Chinese?

Only a little,” she replied in perfect English. Kyuhyun glanced between us, confused, and I raised my hand to tell him to keep quiet and stay back. I got this.

Um, where are you from?” I asked. She remained silent. I would too...two strange guys showing up on your doorstep and asking where you’re from? I would have slammed the door in their face right now...

Ok, um, do you know us?” I asked, gesturing to Kyuhyun and I. She frowned and shook her head.

Who are you?” she asked.

My name is Kibum and this is Kyuhyun,” I introduced, “We’re looking for a friend. His name is Zhou Mi...do you know him?

The girl shook her head, “I don’t know anyone named Zhou Mi. I just moved here two weeks ago...

Um, are your parents home?” I asked.

She frowned, “Only my dad, but he’s busy.” She didn’t look to happy about her father...

Oh, ok,” I said, “So, Zhou Mi does not live here?” She shook her head.

Sorry, no.

Ok, thank you. Sorry to bother you,” I told her. I then grabbed Kyuhyun’s arm and dragged him off the doorstep. We got in the car and I pinched the bridge of my nose.

“He doesn’t live here,” I explained once he got in the driver’s seat.

“But, this is the address that he gave me!” Kyuhyun exclaimed. He started the car and I shook my head.

“Well, maybe he gave the wrong address,” I told him, “Whatever the case, the only people that live there is a family from most likely America that moved here two weeks ago and doesn’t speak Chinese.”

We started driving and once we reached the end of the street, I saw Kyuhyun stare up somewhere. His face paled and he looked like he had messed up...

“What?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

He chuckled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his head, “This isn’t his street.”

My jaw dropped for a second before I sighed and face-palmed.

“Well you try reading these Chinese signs while driving fast!” the kid defended. I just shook my head at him. Why? Why did I agree to this?

“Ok, let’s just get back to the hotel and look up the address again,” I sighed, “We’ll go find him tomorrow.”

“Good idea. Where are the directions back?”

“Don’t you have them?” I looked at him and he looked back at me, confused.

“...I thought you had them.”

Great. We’re stuck in an unknown neighborhood in a foreign country with no idea how to get back to our hotel...

“What did I ever do to deserve this?”

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Zhou Mi POV~

What are you doing here?” I asked my surprising visitor. He just gave me a smile and walked into my house, uninvited may I add. He walked in and went to the living room.

Chillin,” he replied, settling on the couch and throwing his backpack on the seat next to him. I sighed. He frustrated me so much sometimes...

I can see that,” I said, “I guess my question is why are you ‘chillin’ in my house and not your own? Actually, what are you doing in the country?

He shrugged, “My parents wanted to visit some family close by. I snuck out.

How did you get here?

Bus. And then I walked. You don’t live very far from the bus stop.

Yes, I realize that. So, why did you sneak out?

Because I was bored,” he whined. This kid...

I sighed again, “Henry, you shouldn’t sneak away from your parents like that. They’re probably worried sick.

I’m twenty years old now,” Henry replied, pouting, “I can do whatever I want!

Then why didn’t you tell them where you were going?

Because they wouldn’t have let me come.

I raised an eyebrow, “What happened to ‘I can do whatever I want’?

Ok, enough of my story,” Henry said, changing the subject, “What are you doing?

Cleaning. How long are you here for?

Here as in your house? Or here as in China?

Here as in China. It doesn’t matter how long you’re in my house for, I can throw you out at any time.

Well, someone’s cranky.

I just didn’t expect any visitors today,” I replied, “You could have at least called...

He spread his arms out while leaning back into the couch, “Surprise!

A little late for that.” He pouted again.

Such a buzz kill.

Look, I’m cleaning the house now. You can help or...I don’t know, stay out of my way. Why don’t you call your parents and tell them that you’re here. I don’t think they can do anything about it now...” Henry smiled.

Ok! I’ll be just a second!” He grabbed his phone and ran out of the room. A second later, he poked his head back in.

Hey, can I spend the night here?” he asked. I sighed.

Sure, just make sure your parents know,” I said.

Yay! Sleepover!” he exclaimed cutely, jumping up and down and running out of the room. I smirked as he ran out, phoning his parents. He was seriously like a kid.

I’m twenty years old now,” I mocked, “Yeah, more like ten...