Chapter Eight

Rememberance
"We are truly sorry, there's been a delay this morning for the train going to Seoul. Thank You and have a nice day!"
Jinah became a little worried about how she would get to work on time after hearing the announcement. She checked her phone for the time, then decided to leave the train station to call her mom to ask her to call a driver.
_______________________________________________________________________________
Meanwhile, Jayden arrived at Seoul Hospital a bit earlier than usual.
"Morning Jayden! That's a pretty bouquet," the lady at the front desk greeted him.
"Morning! Thanks, it's a little something I picked up for Jinah," Jayden's smile widened again as he looked at the bouquet.After all the compliments and greetings, Jayden made his way to his desk. Before he starts his day, he wrote a note on the little card that came with the flowers.
Once he was finished writing and was satisfied with the message, Jayden dropped off the flowers at the nurse's break room.
_______________________________________________________________________________
About  an hour later, Jinah arrived at her destination. As she walked into the hospital, she greeted the staff and apologized for being late due to the delay of the train. The young woman then made her way to the nurse's break room to get ready to start her shift. While in the room she began putting her things in her locker, and in the corner of her eye she spotted the bouquet of her favorite flowers on the table. Curious, she decided to check it out.
When she picked up the bouquet, she closed her eyes and smelled the pretty scent of the flowers. In her mind she wondered who were the flowers for and who brought them.  In order to answer her questions she looked at the cute little card found inside the bouquet.
 
To Jinah,
Please meet me at the cat café for lunch.
 
Love, Jayden <3
 
After reading the card, Jinah was surprised and speechless. She then put the bouquet back it's original place and immediately left to start working.  
 _____________________________________________________________________________
Soon lunch time came. Jinah went back to  the break room to get the flowers. Then, she headed to the cafeteria where she usually ate with her friends."Oh, hey girls," Jinah greeted her friends as she sat down at the table.
"Hey Unnie! And ooh, who gave you that pretty bouquet?" Sara asked. Jinah showed the little note that was written on the card.
 
"Jinah. Do you remember who this guy is?" Miya asked as she was shocked to see whose name was on the note.
The young woman was confused and scratched her head. "I don't think so... and how does this guy know the type of flowers I like?"
"Well Unnie, I think the best way to find out is to meet him at this cat café," Sara said trying to convince her to go as she handed back the card.
"I should go right? I'll only thank him for the flowers though." Both Miya and Sara agreed with her and told her to get going before lunch was over.
_______________________________________________________________________________
It had been a few minutes since Jayden arrived and waited at the café. He was at the cat café in Seoul. It was a little small, less crowded than the other cat cafes around the area. However, it was  cute with only 30 cats that you could play, pet, and feed. When he got there, Jayden felt mixed emotions of nervousness and anxiety, wondering when Jinah will show up. It almost felt like he was experiencing first date jitters all over again. So, to calm his nerves he ordered a drink. He then played a little bit with the cats, which helped him forget about his previous anxiety. The cats were cute, fluffy, and playful with Jayden. One of the cats even reminded him of his own cat at home named Jiji.
Jayden took a few sips of his drink while he played with the cats using a toy with his free hand. He then looked up since he was sitting cross legged on the floor infront of his table. At that moment, a cute stylish girl with long brown hair holding Jayden's bouquet walked into the café. The outfit that she wore was a lace trim ruffled dress, with a flamingo oversize jacket in white. He watched as she put her shoes in the little cubbies, they were black Aletta 3 buckle strap boots. She then put on the slippers that were provided.
Jayden then slowly stood up from his spot and with each step he took towards her, he could feel how fast and loud his heart was beating.
 
"W-wow! You look really pretty today," Jayden said complimenting the young woman.
"Oh, thank you. And you must be Jayden, right? The one that sent me these lovely flowers," Jinah brushed back the strands of hair behind her ear. Then, with a smile, she stuck out her hand for a hand shake. Jayden was taken aback by Jinah's action but he shook her hand. After they greeted each other the pair sat down at Jayden's reserved table.
"Thanks for coming to meet me," Jayden tried to break the silence as he scratched the back of his neck.
"Well, it was so sweet and nice of you to give me these flowers. I came to thank you in person." Suddenly, a cat that looked similar to Jiji came and jumped onto Jinah's lap. Jinah was surprised at first but she gently petted the cute cat.
"It looks like he likes you," Jayden chuckled a bit"Yeah, and I like him too. He's so cute and fluffy," Jinah said in an aegyo voice.
 
 
 
"Do you like cats too?" Jinah asked.
 
 
 
"Yeah, I have a cat at home that looks like him and his name is Jiji," Jayden pointed to the cat on Jinah's lap.
 
 
 
Jinah nodded her head that she understood."I don't have any cats of my own but I like cats in general."
 
 
 
"Can I ask you a question?" Jinah made eye contact with Jayden as she continued to pet the cat.
 
 
 
"Sure!" The young man cleared his throat.
 
 
 
"How did you know that irises and pink carnations were my favorite flowers?"
 
 
 
"I guess I got kinda lucky at the florist when picking out the prettiest flowers." The two chatted awhile before Jayden was suddenly called back to the hospital due to an emergency with the medical codings.
 
 
 
"I'm really sorry that I have to leave like this," Jayden stood up from his seat and apologized to Jinah as he put his jacket on.
 
 
 
"It's okay, and besides, it sounded like they really needed you." With that said, Jayden politely bowed and quickly put his shoes on and left. As he was on his way back, he just realized that he forgot to ask for her number.