Chapter Fourty- Two - Alternate Ending

Rememberance

Would you go out with me Jinah? I wanted to ask you that for awhile now,“ Daniel said, sounding sincere.

Jinah was speechless and couldn’t utter a word. Daniel then let go of her hand waiting to hear her reply.

In Jinah’s mind, she felt that it was wrong to go out with two guys because she didn’t want to hurt them. However, her heart was saying: go out with him.

"Daniel, I don’t know about this…” Jinah hesitated. Daniel came closer, making her look up at him. Her heart was beating faster than before.

“Just give me one day to show you that we’re meant to be. If you really don’t feel the same way that I do, then we can just go back to being friends and cancel the arranged marriage,” Daniel said, trying to convince Jinah.

Jinah sat down on the sofa to carefully think it through.  As she was thinking, in the corner of her eye, she saw the scrapbook sticking out of the bookshelf. Jinah then walked toward the bookshelf to get it. With the book in hand. Jinah sat back down and started to look through it. Daniel then took a seat next to her, curious about the book. At each page that Jinah turned to, she remembered all the unknown texts that Jayden had given her when she had lost her memory. Her eyes began to tear up.

"He looks familiar...wait! I remember now, he was one of the patients I helped from that accident," Daniel noted as soon as he saw the photo of a smiling Jayden. From outside, there was an ambulance with its loud sirens ringing as it was passing by. This reminded Jinah of the accident she and Jayden was in months ago.

"Daniel, I'm going to be completely honest with you..." Jinah started to say as she closed the album, putting it on the table, and Daniel nodded his head. 
 
"After losing my memory, I couldn't  remember a thing... but during that time, there was someone I just couldn't seem to forget because he kept appearing in my dreams." Jinah gave an apologetic look to the disappointed Daniel.

"I understand. I just wish back then I didn't move away 'cause then I would've been the one by your side," Daniel deeply sighed as he got up to leave to the apartment.  Before he left, he gave her a smile.

"Thank you for being honest with me. Just know that I'm always here if you need me," Daniel said as he could feel his heart breaking slowly. Jinah nodded her head as tears slowly fell from her eyes as she watched her childhood friend leave.

"I'm so sorry, Daniel," Jinah whispered to herself as she stood by the door, crying.
_____________________________________________________________________
Hours later, nighttime approached. Getting closer to the concert venue, all Jinah had to do was cross at the next intersection. Her phone started ringing and she saw that it was Jayden calling.

“Hello?” Jinah answered.

“Hey! Where are you? The doors are starting to open and the line has gotten a lot longer.” Jayden updated her on what was going on at the concert.

"I'm almost there! Just wait a little more, like five minutes?" Jinah replied as she tried to walk a little faster.

Five minutes later, Jinah finally arrived at the concert venue. Next, she searched for her boyfriend on the line. Jayden wasn't kidding when he said the line was long.

"I'm here but I can't find you!" Jinah pouted. Jayden then told her to stay where she was.

A few more minutes passed and the doors had officially opened. The crowd of people started going into the venue so Jinah waited for Jayden as she was told. In a matter of time, Jayden found her sitting at one of the benches. Next, the two went inside the venue to enjoy the concert together.
_____________________________________________________________________
An hour or two after the Lee Hyori concert ended, the couple was at a nearby coffee shop chilling before going home.

"I had so much fun at the concert, thank you," Jinah smiled before sipping on her mocha ice latte.

"You're welcome! I'm glad that you did," Jayden happily replied.

It became awkward for a moment. Jinah broke the silence when she sneezed.

"ACHOO!" Jinah sneezed into her sleeve.

"Bless you! Are you catching a cold?" Jayden asked as he handed Jinah a tissue.

"Thank you, I'm fine. I know I should've dressed a little warmer, but I wanted to dress prettily for the concert," Jinah answered honestly.

Jayden nodded in understanding before taking off his jacket. He then put it on Jinah's lap to keep her warm.

"I'm okay, you don't have to!" Jinah said, taken aback by Jayden's action, as her face became red from embarrassment.

Jayden assured her that he would be fine since he was wearing a long sleeve shirt. As he mentioned his shirt, Jinah noticed that the sleeves were rolled up, showing a red mark. Looking closer, she saw on his right wrist there was a scar that he had gotten from the accident.

"Um...can I ask how you got that scar? It looks painful," Jinah cautiously asked.

"Oh this? I got it a longtime ago from an accident I was in," Jayden responded by laughing as if it wasn't a big deal.

"That scar looks like it was because of me," Jinah whispered to herself while still looking at his wrist.

Soon as he was finished with his drink, he asked Jinah if she was ready go since it was getting late. A few minutes later, they made their way to her apartment.
_____________________________________________________________________
Standing in front of Jinah's apartment, the couple was ready to say their goodbyes.

"Well...I guess you should go in and get some rest," Jayden said as he scratched the back of his neck.

Jinah politely bowed before giving back his jacket. She smiled then waved goodbye as she thanked him once again for a great time. This made Jayden blush a little. 
 
After they both said goodnight, Jayden started to take his leave. When Jinah unlocked her door, she watched Jayden in the distance walk to the direction of the elevators. Just as she was about to head in, she then realized what she really needed to say to him. So she quickly ran down the hall towards the elevators hoping to catch him. Just in time, as the doors opened and couple of people got off before Jayden could get in the elevator, Jinah, who was out of breath, gave him a back hug.
 
"I...missed you. No, I miss the way we were. I want to be able to add more memories to our scrapbook," Jinah said, panting as she managed to smile.
 
Jayden stood still. Jinah slowly loosened her grip and took a step back so he could turn around to face her.

"Our scrapbook? You still have it?" Jayden asked as his voice trembled. He then turned around to face her.

Jinah nodded her head in reply while trying to hold back tears that were starting to overwhelm her.

"It's been in my bookshelf for awhile. Just recently I looked through it and all of the memories came flowing back to me," Jinah informed him. Upon hearing that, a smile appeared on Jayden's face as he pulled Jinah into an embrace.

"Thank you for remembering us. Ever since that day, when you were acting strange at the cat cafe, I thought it was the effects from the accident," Jayden noted as he Jinah's hair.

Once Jayden released Jinah from his embrace, the two started heading down to his car. Moments later, when Jayden reached his car, it was really time to say goodbye.

"Drive carefully and text me when you get home safe, ok?" Jinah said through the driver side's open window. Jayden then scooted over to the window cutely puckering his lips.

"Can I get a kiss before I go? And also, I will clear the misunderstanding with my mom, so you have to don't worry." Jinah blushed and nodded her head in understanding. She then fulfilled Jayden's request for a kiss before watching him drive off.
_____________________________________________________________________
The next day...  
 
Daniel had just come home from working out at the gym. After showering and getting dressed, he decided to get a haircut since his hair grew really fast. In about an hour or so, every barbershop he went to was closed for the day and the place he usually went to had been relocated to another town.
 
After driving around, he finally saw a hair shop which was called Mrs. Han's Hair Salon. When Daniel had parked his car, he went to see if it was open. He thought that he might not get his haircut as he saw the "closed" sign. However, it was just his luck as he was going to back to his car to head home, he saw a young, blonde, stylish girl open the shop. Daniel decided to go in then.

"Hello? Anybody here?" Daniel called out as he walked in the salon.

Meanwhile, in the back of the salon, Bora was there because she had left something at work. She was then startled by a man's voice calling out.

"Sorry, we don't open for at least another hour," Bora said as she went to the front desk of the salon.

"Oh, my bad. I thought it was open since every where else is closed." Daniel said, looking disappointed.

Bora felt bad for him and changed her mind by saying that she would help him. Besides, he was really good looking.
____________________________________________________________________
A few weeks after getting his haircut, Daniel started to take an interest in Bora. He then decided to ask her out. Bora happily accepted and from then on, they got to know more about each other.

With Jayden and Jinah, they invited both of their respective parents for lunch to clear up all the misunderstandings. In the end, everything went smoothly and both parents, especially their mothers, were relieved and apologized to each other.

"I'm glad that we were able to put all of this behind us. And now, I want to ask something important to the love of my life..." Jayden smiled as he stood up from the table to get down on one knee.

Jinah looked suprised at what was about to happen. Her hands were covering her cheeks because they turned red from embarrassment.

"Jinah, I know very well that we are both from two different worlds. However, that doesn't stop me from wanting to be with you for the rest of my life." Jayden stated as he took Jinah's right hand in his grasp.

"J-Jayden, I don't understand?" Jinah, confused, was still trying to process everything.

Jayden chuckled and kissed her hand. Next, he took out a small box with a cute pink bow on top from his jacket pocket.

"Jinah Park, will you please marry me?" Jayden asked, sounding sincere and heartfelt as he revealed the pretty engagement ring to her. 
 
Jinah was speechless as she looked around, seeing everyone's reaction. Their eyes seemed to encourage her to say yes. Jinah took a sip of water to clear before giving her answer.

"Yes, I will marry you!" Jinah happily agreed. The whole restaurant was clapping for the happy couple as they shared a sweet kiss.

___ A year later___

Jinah and Jayden were happily married. Jinah did inherit her family's hospital as the head nurse. For Jayden, he pursued his dream job of being a photographer. Daniel became head doctor, to help out Jinah, and their friendship remained the same as when they were kids.



                                                ~~~~~ THE END~~~~~