Chapter Fourty

Rememberance
Would you go out with me Jinah? I wanted to ask you that for awhile now," Daniel said, sounding sincere.
Jinah was speechless and couldn't utter a word. Daniel then let go of her hand waiting to hear her reply.

In Jinah's mind, she felt that it was wrong to go out with two guys because she didn't want to hurt them. However, her heart was saying: go out with him.

"Daniel, I don't know about this..." Jinah hesitated. Daniel came closer, making her look up at him. Her heart was beating faster than before.

"Just give me one day to show you that we're meant to be. If you really don't feel the same way that I do, then we can just go back to being friends and cancel the arranged marriage," Daniel said, trying to convince Jinah.

"Okay, let's give it a try," Jinah replied, giving him a little smile. Daniel nodded his head and smiled back at her.
 
 
 
____________________________________________________________
 
 
 
Several hours later, Celine was getting ready for the company's launch party. As she was putting her make-up on, Miya's voice kept echoing in her mind telling her to apologize to Sara.

"I've finally got my dream job and if I stop now, I'll lose everything," Celine sighed, talking to her reflection in the mirror. When she was finished getting ready, she got her keys and her bag then headed down to her car.
 
 
 
____________________________________________________________
 
 
 
At the Lee Hyo Ri concert... 
 
 
 
Jayden arrived a little before the doors open. He texted Jinah the address of the concert like he said he would. A few minutes had passed since he sent the text, so then he patiently got on the line to wait.
 
 
 
As Jayden stood on the line, he scanned his surroundings. He saw that there were many guys who came with their girlfriends. As he looked to the side, he could see some of the hardcore fans. They had the singer's merchandise like the shirts, light sticks and holding handmade banners. More people started to show up so the line for the concert started to get longer. Jayden hoped Jinah would arrive soon.
 
 
 
____________________________________________________________
 
Meanwhile with Celine... 
 
Celine had just arrived at the club where the launch party was being held. As the stylish model made her way through the crowd, she was able to spot CEO Parker Jung. He was sitting at the bar with a drink in his hand watching people on the dance floor.

"Why aren't you out on the dance floor?" Celine casually asked as she walked up to Parker.

Parker was startled a bit when she came up to him while he was talking a sip of his drink.

"Oh! Hey Celine, you made it! And I'm not much of a dancer," Parker replied. 
 
Celine nodded in understanding then changed the subject by asking him to buy her a drink. CEO Jung agreed and called the bartender to order Celine's drink. A few minutes later, her drink was ready. Unexpectedly, the same time her drink arrived, one of Parker's friends showed up and took a seat at the bar next to Parker.

"Hey man, you've been sitting here for about an hour now. I thought you'd be with Sara," the older male commented. You could clearly see how upset Parker was at the mention of Sara's name.

"Sara is with her family in Jeju," he sighed before taking a sip of his drink. It made Celine feel even more bad seeing her boss like this. Even though she really liked him, it was time for her to do the right thing.

"Parker-ssi- I mean, CEO Jung. What if I told you that I can get your girlfriend here?" Celine said.
 
Parker looked at Celine, confusion written all over his face. With that said, the two men watched the pretty girl walk away.

"Who was she?" Simon asked as his eyes followed Celine.
 
 
 
____________________________________________________________
 
 
 
Meanwhile with Jinah... 
 
Getting closer to the concert venue, all she had to do was cross at the next intersection. Her phone started ringing and she saw that it was Jayden calling.

"Hello?" Jinah answered.

"Hey! Where are you? The doors are starting to open and the line has gotten a lot longer." Jayden updated her on what was going on at the concert.

"Oh yeah! I'm almost here, I just have to cross-
 
Jinah was interrupted by a woman screaming for help. The distressed woman was carrying her crying child.
 
"I'm sorry, Jayden. I'll call you back." Jinah quickly hung up and ran to the woman.
 
"What's wrong?" Jinah asked as she stared down at the crying child in concern.

"I need to get to the hospital fast! My baby is sick," the woman cried out. 
 
"Don't worry, I'll help you!" Jinah told the woman. She quickly called a taxi over and told the driver to go to the nearest hospital.
 
 
 
____________________________________________________________
 
At Sara's apartment... 
 
 
 
Sara was in the living room, eating her ramen while watching her favorite variety show. She wore sweats since she didn't make plans with Parker. She missed him a lot and wondered if he missed her too. All of a sudden, the doorbell rang. When she opened the door, she was suprised to see this person.
 

"Hurry up and get dressed. You're coming with me," Celine commanded as she rushed Sara into her bedroom.
 

"W-Wait! Where are we going?" Sara asked as she frantically looked in her closet, trying to find what to wear. Celine sat on her bed waiting for her to finish so she could quickly do her make up.
 

"Just put on something nice! Hurry up so I can do your make up," Celine said. 
 
 
 
In a few minutes Sara stepped out of her closet wearing a nice dress. Next, Celine quickly did her hair and make up. Soon enough, Sara was ready to go and they both got into Celine's car heading to the launch party.
 

On the ride there, it was kind of awkward but Sara broke the awkwardness between them when she started to apologizing to Celine about what happened that day in the head nurse's office.
 
 
 
 
 
"So...how do you like being a model?" Sara asked, trying to act casual.
 
 
 
 
 
"It's pretty good so far. I'm still getting use to being in the company," Celine replied as her eyes were still focusing on the road. Sara nodded her head in understanding while trying to think of other topics to talk about.
 
 
 
 
 
"Look, Sara, there's something I need to tell you," Celine deeply sighed when they stopped at a red light.
 
 
 
 
 
"Okay, what is it about?" Sara questioned, feeling anxious about what Celine will say.
 
 
 
 
 
"The truth is...I'm sorry for all the things I've done to you back in high school and now..." Celine apologized, trying her best to look Sara in the eye. Sara was confused as she did not understand what was going on.
 
 
 
 
 
"Unnie...you don't have to apologize, that was a longtime ago," Sara replied, trying to hold back tears so it didn't ruin her make up. The light turned green, Celine started driving again. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Seriously, I'm really sorry. I realized that the choices I made really hurt the people around me..."
 
 
 
 
 
"When did you realize it?" Sara, who was sitting in the passenger seat, had a tissue in her hand dabbing away the tears in her eyes. 
 
 
 
 
 
"I realize it when I lied to Parker about how you couldn't come to his launch party tonight... I lied saying you were in Jeju vacationing with your family," Celine confessed.
 
 
 
 
 
"I-I don't understand...why would you do that? Perhaps you said that to Parker because you have feelings for him?" Sara replied. A few minutes later, they arrived at the club.
 
 
 
 
 
"Yeah...I fell for him ever since he showed up at my apartment to pick you up," Celine hesitated before continuing, "And so my bad habit started to come back when I got really drunk during girl's night with Jinah and Miya. I was really jealous of you and everyone having someone by their side." 
 
 
 
 
 
"It must've been hard for you to tell me everything. I'm really grateful that you did...thank you and I forgive you, Unnie," Sara said as she smiled while wiping away her tears with her thumbs. Celine was shocked at Sara's reaction to the situation because she thought Sara would be really mad and curse her out.
 
 
 
 
 
"You know, back then, I tried to be friends with you but you kept pushing me away..." Sara noted. Celine nodded as she was crying as well remembering those times.
 
 
 
 
 
"I remember and I'm sorry...I wish we could start over..." Celine confessed before the two of them hugged. 
 
 
 
Sara patted Celine's back then said, "The past is in the past. We can start being "real" friends now."
 
 
 
 
 
"I would like that." Celine smiled after wiping away her tears away. After the two made up, they quickly fixed their make up before heading inside the club.
 
 
 
____________________________________________________________
 
 
 
Jinah and the woman had finally arrived at the closest hospital. It was Hongdae Clinic. After the woman went inside the hospital, Jinah followed after paying the cab fare.

Moments later, Jinah was siting at the waiting room praying that the kid would be alright. While waiting, Jinah had forgotten all about going to the concert due to helping the woman. 
 
 
 
She found the situation to be scary and the adrenaline and worry caused her to recall something from her past. She had a flashback of when she woke up in the hospital and finally remembered how she ended up there.
 
 
 
 
 
< Flashback >
 
 
 
"I wish I could know what's going on," the guy said. His voice sounded so familiar like she had heard it before. The guy continued to watch his girlfriend drink her soju while he pushed back strands of her hair out of her face. 
 
 
 
 
 
"I won't pressure you to tell me, but whatever or whom it is that made my Jinah cry...We can get through it together," the guy said as he started to wipe away his girlfriend's tears with his thumbs.
 
 
 
 
 
Jinah gave him a sad smile then sighed and went back to drinking her last shot of soju.
 
 
 
"What if I can't be by your side forever? This always worries me..." Jinah confessed as tears once again came falling down.
 
 
 
 
 
A sad look came upon Jayden's face seeing Jinah act like this. He tried thinking of what to say to comfort her. "You don't need to think about that because that will never happen," Jayden confidently replied.
 
 
 
 
 
Jinah put down the glass and looked at Jayden with a confused look. "How can you say that so confidently?" Jinah asked. Jayden chuckled for a moment.
 
 
 
 
 
"I can say it because it's our love I'm confident in," Jayden smiled then he took his wallet out to pay for Jinah's drinks. Next he took Jinah's hand guiding her out of the bar.
 
 
 
After they finished drinking, the two headed back to the car. In that very same night, on their way home, they passed a few clubs. Unaware of their surroundings, something unexpected happened to the pair. A drunk driver was speeding and ran the red light as Jayden saw the light change to green. Trying to avoid the oncoming car, Jayden tried to make a turn.
 
 
 
"Jayden-ah! Watch out!" Jinah screamed as she tightly squeezed his hand. However, they couldn't avoid the drunk driver's car and they ended up colliding.
 
 
 
After that, all was black.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Finally, the woman and her child came out with Dr. Daniel Lee. They were exchanging their thank you's and goodbyes. Then, the woman thanked Jinah for helping her and told her that it was only food poisoning before they went home. Jinah was happy to hear that it wasn't too serious and that it was only food poisoning.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Daniel asked as he sat down next to Jinah.

"Oh! I was helping the woman earlier on my way to the concert," Jinah replied. Daniel nodded his head in understanding, he then patted her on the head, telling her good job. When he did that gesture, her heart started to race again.

"Come on, you look tired. Let's get you home," Daniel said when he stood up. Jinah smiled and nodded.

"Is it really ok for you leave the hospital?" Jinah asked while they were walking to the parking lot.

"Yeah, my shift was done anyway..." Daniel assured Jinah.