Chapter Ten

Rememberance
During dinner at Daniel's apartment, it seemed that Jinah's family had a good time.
 
 
"Wow! How did a handsome young man like you cook so well?" Jinah's mother complimented Daniel.
 

"Thank you, I'm glad that you liked it," Daniel said then continued to clear the table.
 

"I-I'll help you wash the dishes," Jinah stood up from her chair and helped put the dishes in the sink.
 

"No, it's alright you're the guest." Daniel tried to assure Jinah that she didn't have to help.
 

"Let's just say that it's a little thank you for having my family over." Daniel couldn't deny the sweet gesture and so he gave in, but settled on that he dries and she washes.
 

Meanwhile, sitting in the living room Jinah's parents are talking amongst themselves.
 

"Honey! Do you see this? Jinah is helping Daniel with the dishes."
 

"Yes. Our daughter is just being kind and helping Daniel with the dishes." Jinah's father put his wine glass down on the coffee table.
 
 
"No! It's more than that. Aww they look just as if they're a newlywed couple." Jinah's mom admired the pair in the kitchen.
 
 
"Aigoo honey, you watch way too much dramas," Jinah's father said  jokingly as he picked up the glass and finished his drink.
_______________________________________________________________________________
After both Jinah and Daniel finished with the dishes, the two joined Mr. and Mrs. Park in the living room.
 
 
"Daniel dear, how are your parents these days?" Jinah's mom asked to break the silence.
 
 
"They're busy with running the new hospital in the states." the young man replied.
 
 
"Really? That's wonderful! my dream is to expand Park hospital abroad too!" Jinah's father was definitely impressed with the Lee's accomplishment.
 
 
"Daniel, would you mind if we gave them a call to congratulate them?" Daniel nodded then got up from the couch, and got the house phone from the kitchen.
 
*Rring *Rring
 
 
"hello? Daniel, sweetheart?" A woman's voice was heard on the line.
 
 
"Oh hi mom! I have a special guest that wants to talk to you. Are you busy?" Daniel spoke in English.
 
 
"Ah really?  I'm resting at home right now, who is it?" Daniel's mother replied.
The phone was then handed to Mrs. Park.
 

"hello? Solbi unnie?" Jinah's mom greeted her friend happily.
 

"Omo! Kim Soeun is that you?" Daniel's mom immediately recognized her friend's voice.
 

"Yes! It's me, we called to congratulate you and your husband's success with the new hospital."
 

"oh thank you."
 

In a minute or so on the phone with Daniels parents, talking about when they want to visit each other. Also, Jinah's mom didn't forget to include how good her daughter and Daniel looked together and said that she wished that one day they'll be in laws.
the room was filled with uncomfortable silence and blushing as Daniel, Jinah and Mr. Park listened to the conversation of the two women.
 
 
After minutes passed, both Jinah and Daniel's mothers ended their phone call. Mrs. Park thanked and handed back to Daniel the phone.
 

Then, Jinah's father stood up from his seat and asked Daniel where the bathroom was. After a few minutes, Mr. Park came back and told his wife and daughter they were leaving soon once the limo comes.
 

"Honey, Jinah doesn't like riding in the limo remember?" Mrs. Park reminded her husband.
 

"Oh, that's right I forgot. So how are you going to get home? Plus, I heard that there will be traffic soon." Jinah's father, concerned, asked.
 

As a gentleman, Daniel generously offered to take Jinah home himself.
 
"No, it's okay I can go with my parents," Jinah politely turned down Daniel's offer. But Jinah's mother strongly disapprove and insisted that Daniel take her daughter home instead. They discussed the matter as they headed down to the enterance of the building. With that said, the limo was already waiting in front and her parents got in and left first.