Chapter Thirty- Nine

Rememberance
Meanwhile back with Celine at the photoshoot... But 
 
After a couple of hours of doing each model's solo shots, the photographer was finally finished taking the last picture of the other model. Next, the girls were both dismissed to go home. As everyone was wrapping everything up, Celine and the other model went around thanking the crew for all their hard work.
 
 
"Good work today! I'll see you at the parrty tomorrow," Celine told her coworker.
 
 
 "You've worked hard too! See you at the party," the girl said, politely bowing before she left.
 
_________________________________________________________________________________
 
Back at Miya's place...
 
The girls were now watching a movie that they found on TV. While Jinah was watching the movie, her phone started ringing, Jinah then looked at the caller ID to see Jayden's name. She hesitated a bit on whether or not to answer, so she asked Miya and Sara what to do.
 
 
"Answer it and see what he wants to talk about," Miya said, encouraging Jinah who still looked unsure.
 
 
"Unnie, this is your chance to see if you feel anything for him. Go!" Sara chimed in hoping to motivate her friend. Jinah then took a deep breath before picking up.
 
 
"Hello?" Jinah nervously answered.
 
 
"Um...Hey Jinah! Did I call at bad time?" Jayden asked, trying to keep his cool.
 
 
Jinah replied, "It's fine. I'm just with my friends." Jayden, on the other line, nodded his head.
 
 
"So, I was wondering if you're busy tomorrow night. I've got two concert tickets to see Lee Hyo Ri," Jayden informed her.
 
 
Both of the girls looked at Jinah when she suddenly gasped. She pulled away from the phone telling them that he got tickets to see her favorite singer.
 
 
"Okay, tell him you're free and that you'd love to go with him." Sara told her what she should say next.
 
 
"Hello? Jayden? I am free tomorrow and I would like to go to the concert with you," Jinah finally replied as she went back on the phone.
 
 
On the other line, Jayden was trying his best to contain his happiness.
 
 
"Great! I'll text you the concert location tomorrow," Jayden informed Jinah before they hung up.
 
 
Once they hung up, Jinah tried to get back to watching the movie but all she could think about was the concert with Jayden. When the movie was done, it was getting pretty late so the three women called it a night.
 
____________________________________________________________
 
Saturday morning at Celine's apartment...
 
Celine could hardly sleep last night because of the lie she told Parker. What was this feeling? She had never felt this way before and it wasn't like she thought of Sara as her friend anyway. Thinking of the reasons behind her actions, she thought back to high school. She was still trying to be better than Sara even to this day. It was all a competition. Celine sat in bed reminiscing about how she and Sara was back then.
 
 
"I need to call Miya, she probably knows what to do," Celine muttered quickly to herself before dialing Miya's number.
 
 
On the other hand, at Miya's house, everyone was still in dreamland. In the living room where the girls had fallen asleep on the couches, Miya's cell phone began ringing. Miya sleepily woke up to answer it.
 
 
"Hello?" Miya answered sleepily.
 
 
"Miya, wake up! Its me, Celine!" Celine said in panic.
 
 
Miya calmly asked her friend, "What's wrong?"
 
And so Celine proceeded to tell her everything including the party that Parker invited her to and the lie about Sara visiting her family.
 
 
"Please, you have to help me! Just keep Sara away from the party tonight," Celine pleaded to Miya.
 
 
"Cel, this isn't right. You can't keep lying to Parker and hurting Sara just because you want Parker," Miya said, feeling concerned.
 
 
"So, you're not going to help me? I thought we were friends." Celine cried out, starting to get angry.
 
 
Miya tried to calm down Celine in order to not wake up Jinah and Sara who were still sleeping.
 
 
"All I'm saying is it's time to stop and tell Sara the truth. Let me ask you this, how does Parker see you? Is it romantically or just business?" Miya questioned.
 
 
Celine didn't say anything and thought about what Miya said.
 
 
"Um... I guess lately all he ever talks about with me is work..." Celine answered the question.
 
 
"Okay, then that means he's clearly not interested in you romantically. Plus, he's still together with Sara," Miya noted.
 
 
You can hear on the other line Celine deeply sighing. 
 
Miya then tried to comfort her by saying, "Maybe Parker isn't the right guy for you...but maybe you'll find someone at the party that's your type."
 
 
Before the two ended the call, Celine thanked Miya for her help and told her that she'll tell Parker everything and apologize to Sara.
 
____________________________________________________________
 
Later on that morning and after breakfast, Jinah and Sara thanked Miya for the sleepover and that they had a fun time. Miya then walked them out to Sara's car.
 
 
"Do you guys have everything?" Miya asked, making sure that nothing was forgotten.
 
 
"Yeah, we've got everything, Miya Eomma!" Sara teased Miya as if she was being nagged by a mom.
 
The three women hugged and said their good byes before they went their seperate ways.
 
____________________________________________________________
 
Meanwhile, Daniel had just come out of the elevator as it had finally stopped on his floor level. He looked a little sweaty and tired as if he just came from working out at the gym. On his way to his apartment, he noticed Jinah, who had put her bags down, so she could get her keys to open the door.
 
 
"Hey Jinah," Daniel greeted as he walked over to her with a smile. Jinah stopped for a moment and greeted him back.
 
 
"Oh, hey Daniel! What's up?" Jinah answered in return.
 
 
Daniel told her that he just got back from working out. Then, asked about her.
 
 
"I just came from having a girls night with my friends," Jinah replied. Daniel nodded his head in understanding. There was a bit of awkwardness in the air so he asked what her plans were for today.
 
 
"Well, later I'm going to a Lee Hyo Ri concert with my friend," Jinah informed him but didn't mention that was her and Jayden's date.
 
 
Though they had been standing in the halls talking for a few minutes, after Jinah had opened the door, she invited Daniel in. After bringing her stuff in the house, Jinah offered Daniel a drink.
 
 
"Can I get you something to drink?" The young woman asked while taking off her jacket before she went to the kitchen herself to quench her thirst.
 
 
"No thanks, I'm good," Daniel politely declined. Jinah nodded her head then unexpectedly, as she was about to walk to the kitchen, Daniel whispered to himself: it was time to ask her now.
 
 
Daniel suddenly stopped Jinah by grabbing one of her hands. From his action, it made Jinah's heart start racing and it was making her blush. Good thing that he wasn't able to see her reddened face since Jinah was facing away from him.
 
 
"D-Daniel? Are you okay? You should sit down. You're probably tired from the gym," Jinah said as she slowly turn around to face him.
 
 
Daniel closed his eyes and took a deep breath, though he was still holding her hand. Then he opened his eyes and both of their gazes were locked on one another.
 
 
"Would you go out with me, Jinah? I wanted to ask you that for awhile now..." Daniel said, sounding sincere.
 
 
Jinah was speechless and couldn't utter a word. Daniel then let go of her hand waiting to hear her reply