Chapter Twelve

Rememberance
At the Seoul Hospital it was lunch time. The three women were siting at their usual table.

“So, how did the thing with your parents go yesterday?" Miya asked. 

"Yesterday we went house hunting for my own apartment." Jinah replied and the reaction she got from both of her friends suprised her.

"It's actually a good time to look for an apartment, don't you think?" Sara commented before digging into her food.

“Well, I never imagined myself moving out so soon, but they said that it's best to try living on my own and it'll be easier to get to work."

“Actually, you moving to Seoul would be a good thing since Sara, Celine and I all live around here." Miya pointed out.

"Yeah! Also we'd get to see each other everyday and have a lot of girls night outs,” Sara listed more good points of Jinah moving to Seoul.

“Before I think about moving, I should figure out which apartment is best for me." Jinah sighed thinking about each of the apartments she saw yesterday. It then led her to remember her night with Daniel and how kind he was in taking her home.
 
All three women agreed on what Jinah said. Then, one of the girls suggested that they should visit Celine and ask for her opinion. After they agreed that after work they'd go see Celine, they cleared off their table and went back to their shifts.

_________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile at Celine's apartment, Celine, who was injured  with a twisted ankle, felt bored and hated being stuck at home by herself.

"Ugh! There's nothing to do!" the injured girl cried out as she used her crutches for support to get to her bed after looking at the rainy weather from her living room window. There were so many people out and about being busy and getting to work or school. Once she was able to lay down on the bed  comfortably, her stomach suddenly began to growl  indicating that she was hungry.

As annoyed as she was having to get up, she decided to just go to the kitchen for some food. Celine then checked her fridge and to her disappointment, it was empty. She decided maybe to go to the deli near her apartment since it was close and she was starving.

_________________________________________________________________

At Mad Dope...

"Have a  great day!" the cashier said as he finished ringing up the customer. Then Parker's best friend, Jaemin Shin, walked in.
 
The young man was walking towards the back of the store, which led to the CEO's office where his friend was diligently working. He was casually greeted by the employees since he always came to the store often.

*knock knock*

"Come in," Parker said allowing whoever was at the door.

“Hey, what's up hyung?” Jaemin happily greeted his friend.

Parker looked up from his desk and saw his friend.

"Sup, just finishing up these documents. Plus, we scored a big deal with a dope designer.” You could tell how Parker's face lit up as he was telling Jaemin the good news about Mad Dope.

"That's great! Whose the designer?"

"Mina Kwon. But I'll tell you the details later. How about I grab us lunch?"

The younger guy nodded and agreed to watch the store till he came back.

_________________________________________________________________
 
 
Meanwhile at the deli, Celine, who was on her crutches, walked in and saw that there was a long line at the cash register. So, she decided to buy some snacks and drinks for the house while waiting for the line to shorten. A few minutes later, Parker walked in and saw the long line at the front as well. However, he decided to just patiently get on the line and wait it out. 30 minutes later, the long line was gone and it was Parker's turn to order. In a second, he quickly got his order and paid. As he walked out, he wasnt looking where he was going as he was putting his receipt in the bag. Suddenly, he bumped into one of Celine's crutches causing her to almost fall to the floor. Parker quickly looked up and caught her.

"Oh my bad, I didn't see you." Parker apologized.

"I-It's okay."

"Wait, you're one of Sara's friends from her job, right? What happened?"
Celine nodded and smiled before replying, "Oh this? Well, had a little drunken accident." Celine nervously laughed at the story of the injury.
 

Then they were interrupted by Celine's phone. She got a text from Sara, saying that after work the girls were coming over to her apartment.
“Well, it was nice to see you again. Hope that ankle of yours gets better soon." Just before he left, Celine decided to take her chances and ask him something.
 
“Hey… do you think that maybe I can see you again?” She stared at the floor as she was too nervous to look into his eyes.
 
Parker smiled and gave her his business card and a coupon from his store. After that, Celine quickly headed to the register and paid for her items so she could go home and clean up a bit before the girls came over.