Chapter Thirty- Five

Rememberance

 

Later on that day, Sara went back on her laptop to do more online shopping after lunch. While searching through different websites, she wasn't able to find anything. Luckily, she just remembered one last site to browse which belonged to her boyfriend's company.

 

"Hm, lets see what's new at Mad Dope," Sara wondered aloud to herself as she searched up the site.

 

As the site loaded, she saw all the different promotions for guy's clothing. Then, when it was fully loaded and Sara was able to scroll down more, she saw a notice regarding the models and their photos.

 

"Omo! Celine made it! Wait a minute...why is the contest here?" Sara commented but was still happy for Celine. Next, Sara picked up her cell phone and called Miya and Jinah to tell them about the modeling contest results. 

 

__________________________________

 

At the Park household...

 

A few minutes after Mr. Park went to unpack upstairs, Mrs. Park did as she was told and called her daughter to invite her and Daniel for dinner. Jinah's father wanted to tell them a big announcement.

 

Once their phone call was done, Mrs. Park headed into the kitchen to inform the chef of the special occasion for dinner.

 

When theg preparations were starting, Mrs. Park headed upstairs to check up on her husband.

 

 ___________________________________

 

Meanwhile with Jinah, when she was finished with all of her phone calls, she then went across the hall to Daniel's apartment.

 

*knock* *knock*

 

"Oh Hey! what's up?" Daniel asked after he opened the door and happily greeted Jinah.

 

Jinah smiled and greeted him back as she entered his apartment.

 

"Sorry, I hope I wasn't interrupting you," Jinah said as she sat on the couch.

 

Daniel shook his head and reassured her,  "It's okay, I wasn't doing anything important."

 

"Ah okay, so I wondering if you were free tonight because my dad just got back from the States. My mom called to invite us over for dinner." Jinah informed him.

 

Daniel nodded his head and waited for Jinah to finish explaining.

 

"Also, my mom mentioned that my dad has some big news he wants to reveal at dinner, well, that's if you want to go," Jinah also mentioned.

 

Daniel thought for a moment before telling Jinah his decision. "Yeah, I'm actually not busy so I'd be happy to come." Daniel happily agreed as he saw how relieved Jinah was hearing his answer.

 

With that said, Jinah thanked him and before she left, she gave Daniel a kiss on his cheek and said that she would see him later.
___________________________________

 

Several hours later, Jinah and Daniel were at Jinah's house for dinner.

 

"So Appa...Eomma mentioned over the phone earlier today saying that you have a big announcement to make," Jinah  started the conversation as she was wiping her hands with a napkin.

 

Jinah's father nodded his head then took a sip of his drink before addressing the announcement. 

 

"Yes, there's something that I want to tell the two of you," Mr.Park started to say. Then he mentioned, "While we were away in the States, we had visited Daniel's parents."

 

"How are they? I haven't been able to call them since I've been busy lately," Daniel asked as he had a worry look on his face.

 

And so Mr. Park comforted the young man by telling him that his parents were fine.

 

So getting back to the big announcement, Mr. Park asked his daughter, "What are your thoughts about Daniel?"

 

Jinah was in shock when she heard her dad ask about her feelings.

 

"Please be honest with us," he said. 

 

Jinah felt a little bit of pressure as Daniel,  who was sitting beside her, felt anxious about what she would say.

 

"Well, he's a good guy...He always takes good care of me...why do you ask?" Jinah answered with a confused expression on her face.

 

"But...Do you love him?" Mr. Park implored for more detail.

 

Mrs. Park then chimed in, "Yeobo, what's going on?"

 

Finally, he told the reason for his visit to Daniel's parents. "I asked you all these questions because I wanted to know your true feelings for one another. Therefore, your parents and I agreed to give our blessings to both of you so you can get married."

 

Both Jinah and Daniel were speechless and couldn't utter a word.

 

"I know you think it's sudden but your mother and I are getting older and soon you'll be inheriting our family's hospital." Mr. Park tried to give them a reasonable explanation.

 

Jinah was finally able to say something. "Is this all for me to inherit the hospital?" Jinah mustered up the courage to ask.

 

"Well, it's a little part of it. But mainly, we want you to be happy and so I thought the two of you looked perfect together."

 

Daniel then cleared his throat before saying, "Um...Sir, I am very grateful for your blessing, but I think it's best for me and Jinah to talk it over."

 

With that said, Mr. Park smiled and nodded his head. Soon enough, after all that talking, they had desserts.

 

The pair was then ready to head back to Seoul. Before leaving, they said goodbye to Jinah's parents while getting walked out of the house and to Daniel's car.