Chapter Six

Rememberance

   

The next morning, Celine woke up to a bright white room and  heard familiar voices that greeted her.
 

"You're finally awake! Thank goodness you're ok, hold on, I'll get Dr. Lee," Miya said feeling at ease, then stepped out.

Moments later, Miya came back with the doctor. 

 
"How are you feeling?" Daniel asked as he proceeded to check on her.
 
"What happened? My head is throbbing." Céline looked around the room.
 
"Miss, you just woke up here at Hongdae Clinic. You were drunk and twisted your ankle. Do you remember anything?" Doctor Lee asked.
 
Celine shook her head no and tried to sit up, but she winced at the pain of her ankle. Daniel then bandaged up Celine's ankle.
______________________________________
Once Miya and Jinah were called into Doctor Lee's office, they began to talk about Celine's condition.
 
"Miya-ssi, and Jinah-ssi we can discharge Ms. Cho now ,but she has to stay off her ankle for about four to six weeks in order for it to heal." Doctor Lee informed both girls  who came to the hospital with Céline.
 
"Okay, thank you, we'll bring her home now. You've worked hard." The girls, who felt now at ease, bowed thankfully to Daniel before walking out of his office.
 
A few minutes later, Celine was ready to leave the hospital. As all three girls   waited outside the  hospital, they hailed a taxi.
 
Unknowingly, a woman carrying a big bag entered the hospital and walked up to the reception desk.
"Hello, I'm here to get my son today," the woman told the receptionist with a happy look upon her face.
 
"Ah yes. You must be very happy that he's finally coming home," the receptionist replied while doing her work on the computer.
 
While waiting for the "ok," to go up to see her son, in the corner of her eye, she immediantly recognized Jinah who was standing outside with her friends. A displeased look came to the woman's face to see her son's girlfriend. She heard that she was well after the accident. Since she runs a salon, her customers like to gossip about the rich families and the arranged marriages while getting their hair done. Her thoughts about wanting Jinah as a daughter-law had changed forever. She grew a disliking towards Jinah now because she had not once visited her son who has longed to see her while he was in the hospital recovering.
Soon, she was allowed to go up to see her son, and at that point, a taxi came and the girls got in.
"You cruel woman. How could you appear in front of me now that my son Jayden hasn't even seen you yet?" The woman said with hate in her mind. She then smiled and thanked the pretty receptionist and proceeded to see her son. 
_____________________________________________________________________________
Meanwhile, in Jayden's room. The room was bright since the light was coming from the window. Jayden was laying in bed with his right  arm resting behind his head, as he had his left hand resting on his stomach . He was looking up at the celing thinking about times had with his cute and adorable girlfriend.
"What have you been up to? Are you missing me right now? 'Cause I can't wait till I can go back to work and see you." He sighed as he turns to lay on his side.
Jayden then got up from his bed and went to the bathroom to wash up.
Then, there was a sound of someone coming into the room.
"Hello? Son? Jayden - ah! It's mom,  I'm here." A woman's voice called out to her son. 
But, there was no reply, just the sound of the water running from the bathroom.Jayden's mother was now in the room. She saw that her son wasn't in bed. She then sat down the bag next to her on the bed and took out the new phone she had bought him since his old phone was destroyed in the accident. Now that the phone was in her grasp,she the screen and saw the contacts were only hers and her husband's, and was satisfied that Jinah was not the contact list and thought that now it's her chance to find  her son a new girlfriend. Before he stepped out of the bathroom to greet her, his mother pushed him back in with the  change of clothes she brought for him.
Her son was quick to get dressed, moment later  she gave him his new phone. Then, both mother and son happily made their way out of the hospital and headed to her car to get home.