Chapter Eleven

Rememberance
Once the pair saw off Jinah's parents, the two then went back to Daniel's apartment to get his keys and wallet.While waiting for Daniel, Jinah sat on the couch in the living room. It didn't take long for Daniel to find what he was looking for. As he approached the living room, he saw Jinah looking at some of his childhood photos that were framed sitting on the mantel of the fireplace. There was one particular photo that she came across. There were two happy, smiling mothers with their kids at the beach.
 
"We can go now, I got what I needed," Daniel said. Jinah then put back the photo in it's original place.
__________________________________________________________________
 
In the car it was quiet with only the radio playing. Jinah was thinking about what to say to break the silence. Within ten minutes of driving, they were stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. As Daniel was about to move up, a car cut into their lane and they almost got into an accident. The screeching brake of the car caused Jinah to slightly hit her head on the headrest.
 
""Are you okay?" Daniel worriedly asked.
 
"Y-yeah I'm—
 
Jinah’s  head started to pound painfully as she held her head in her hands.
 

 

 
< Flash back>
 
There was a young woman sitting at the bar drinking a bottle of soju. Sitting beside her was a guy whose face she couldn't see clearly because of the tears in her eyes
 
"I wish I could know what's going on," the guy said. His voice sounded so familiar like she had heard if before. The guy continued to watch his girlfriend drink her soju while he pushed back strands of her hair out of her face.
 
"Ahh! That was refreshing!" Jinah looked satisfied when she put down the empty bottle of soju on the counter.
 
After they finished drinking the two headed back to the car. In that same very night on their way home, they passed a few clubs. Unaware of their surroundings, something unexpected happened to the pair. A drunk driver was speeding and ran the red light as the young man saw the light change to green. Trying to avoid the oncoming car, the mysterious guy tried to make a turn, however, the drunk driver's car was there and they ended up colliding.
 
After that, all was black.
 
 
Once Daniel started driving again. Jinah came back to her senses"It just can't happen again!” the young woman screamed out with fright and grabbed Daniel's arm that rested on the arm rest. Daniel was taken aback by her actions but stayed cool. He helped Jinah calm down. When Jinah finally calmed down, a yawn slipped out. As a gentleman, Daniel suggested that she take a nap and that he would wake her up when they have arrived since they were still in traffic.
 
_________________________________________________________________
Meanwhile in the Han household, Jayden was  laying down in his bed thinking about the lunch date he had  with Jinah.  All of a sudden, he heard scratching and meowing coming from his door that broke his train of thoughts. After opening the door, letting Jiji in, he laid back down and Jiji followed and hopped onto the bed to lay beside his owner.
 
"Jiji-ah, I finally got to meet her today," the young man started to talk to his cat about his day as he gently petted him. All he could hear in reply was purring.
 
"Yeah, it could have been longer if that emergency didn't come up.” Jayden sighed and his side. “But she seemed to act differently when we talked. It almost felt like she didn't know who I was…" The cat turned his head with a curious expression.
 
“Maybe I'm over thinking it, there's no way Jinah would forget about us... Could she?" Jayden then looked behind him to see his cat peacefully sleeping. He turned off the lights and went to sleep too.
 
_________________________________________________________________
At almost two in the morning, they finally arrived in front of the gates of Jinah's house. Daniel then got out of the car to open the door to the passenger seat. Jinah was still peacefully sleeping since the seat was laid back and her head rested on the headrest. Earlier, Jinah was shivering so he took off his jacket and used it as blanket to keep her warm. Usually Daniel had a pillow and blanket he would use to nap on his break at work, but forgot to bring them with him to the car. As promised, Daniel woke up the sleeping beauty and made sure that she had everything.
 
"Oh! Looks like we're here," the young woman said as she stepped out of the car."Yeah. You looked so peaceful sleeping like a princess. I almost didn't want to wake you up," Daniel said jokingly. Jinah chuckled a little before she thanked Daniel and went to walk to her front door. She was then interrupted.
 
“Wait! Here's my card. You can call me whenever you want or if you decide to move in to my building and need help carrying heavy boxes." With that said, Jinah smiled and waved while watching as he got in his car and drove off before going inside the house.