Chapter Sixteen

Rememberance
A few blocks away from the restaurant, Daniel found an ice cream shop nearby. As the two of them walked into the shop, they were greeted by all the different flavors of ice cream. After looking at the menu and ordering the ice cream they wanted, they went back to Daniel's car to chill.

 

 
"I don't understand why my parents leave every time you're around,” Jinah sighed before scooping her ice cream.

 

 
"Well...I have a feeling I know why they do," Daniel said as he chuckled.

 

 
Jinah looked up from her ice cream with a little ice cream on the side of .

 

 
"They always leave because they want us to get know each other since we'll be neighbors soon," Daniel explained. Jinah nodded her head in understanding. Then as she took a big scoop of ice cream and ate it, she suddenly got brain freeze.

 

 
> Flash back <

 

 
 
In the living room of Jinah's house, two young kids were siting on the couch watching a movie. Jinah's favorite part of the movie was when the pretty princess, dressed in a yellow ball gown, was dancing together with the prince in the ballroom. When her favorite scene came on, young Jinah quickly got up from the couch which made Daniel giggle since he expected that Jinah would copy the princess.

 

 
 
"You can be the prince!" Jinah unexpectedly said to the young boy as she pulled him to the front of the room with her.

 

 
 
Daniel was taken aback by Jinah's action since it caught him off guard, but went along with it anyway because it was cute seeing her act like this.
 
As the pair was trying to dance just like the prince and princess in the movie, Daniel saw from the corner of his eye, Jinah's mom checking up on them. After the dance scene was over, they sat back down on the couch and continued watching the movie.

 

 
> End of the flashback <
 
Jinah was brought back to her senses when she felt something soft on the side of . Her heart started to flutter a bit. Soon, she realized how close Daniel's face was to hers.
 
 
"You had a little bit of ice cream there,” Daniel said as he sat back in the driver seat putting on his seatbelt. He then the engine.
 
 
_________________________________________________________________________________
 
It was almost 10:30 pm, and Parker had stayed in his office so that he could  finish up some paperwork. As he was diligently working, his cell phone rang and he saw Sara's name on the screen.
 
"Hey Sara What's up?" Parker answered despite the tiredness in his voice.
 
“Mhmm... Just calling to say that I miss you," Sara said cutely through the line.
 
Hearing Sara say that she missed him really help give him enough energy to keep on going. They talked on the phone for awhile asking about each other's day.
 
"That's amazing! Can't believe that you're working with Mina," Sara said.
Parker laughed at how cute his girl was sounding at hearing the exciting news."We should celebrate! I'll come down to the store tonight if it's ok,” Sara happily suggested.
 
Parker didn't know whether or not to say yes or no to his girl visiting, especially at this late hour. However, a part of him was thinking he should not and instead, focus on work while another part of him was thinking that he really wanted to see Sara. In the end, Parker decided to let Sara come to Mad Dope.
 
 
__________________________________________________________________________________
 
Meanwhile back with Daniel and Jinah, they were standing outside Jinah's house.
 
"So...We're here now at your house," Daniel said as he removed one of his hands from his jacket pockets.
 
Jinah couldn't do anything else but nod her head. She was still flustered from the closeness of their faces. "Y-yeah...and thank you for taking me out for ice cream and for these roses," Jinah said holding up the pretty flowers.
 
Daniel smiled then also thanked her for inviting him to dinner.
 
She finished seeing off Daniel and while entering the house, Jinah recived a text from an unknown number.
 
__________________________________________________________________________________
 
Some time had past since Parker and Sara were chilling inside Parker's office. After their mini celebration, it was time for Parker to focus on his paperwork. To let her boyfriend continue working and not disturb him, Sara went to relax on the couch by the window and read some fashion magazines to pass the time. 

 

 
An hour later, Parker finally finished his work. He stood up from his desk to stretch out a bit. As he stretched, he looked over at the sofa where his girl was and saw her cute face fast asleep. After a few minutes of cleaning up the office, Parker drove Sara home since she didn't bring her car. In the car ride home, Parker heard Sara talking in her sleep. At first he didn't know what she was saying, though it sounded like mumbling, but he found it cute anyways. Sara then started shifting sides to face him. He could then clearly hear what she was mumbling.

 

 
 
"Why her? What does Celine have that I don't?” Sara said as tears were threatening to fall.

 

 
 
While waiting for the stoplight to turn green, Parker looked over at the "sleeping beauty" and smiled. However, that soon turned into a frown when he saw tears rolling down her cheeks. He felt a tug on his heart seeing his girl like this.  He quickly and gently wiped her tears with his free hand, trying not to wake her up. Then the light turned green and he continued driving.