5; Surprise....?

Within Their Hearts

Minji’s POV


I arrived home later that day, expecting to be alone since all the maids would’ve been gone and well, he technically never came home at night either. And if he did, he would arrive home very late. But boy was I wrong today. I walked up the stairs, heading towards our room to find some comfortable clothes to change into. But I heard noises I didn’t expect to hear and it was coming from a guy and a girl .... and it was his voice .... NO! I’ve got to be hallucinating right?

As I approached the room, the noises became louder and the door was left slightly open, leaving a crack. I peeked through the crack, hoping that I was hallucinating before and ... all I saw was him on top of a girl ... both of them were ... what more does that have to say? They were doing ‘it’ right now, in this house, in our room, on our bed.

I looked away from the sight and ran downstairs towards a room while clutching onto my heart as though it would break into pieces.  I closed the door before collapsing onto the ground, breaking into tears. I knew he was always toying with girls, do them then chuck them away. That was who he was and I accepted that as long as I didn’t have to see it.

But I never knew he would do this back here. I thought he still had respect for me. I guess it’s all gone huh? Do you hate me that much Lee Taemin? Why? Why me? Why can’t I have a loving husband who cares for me? Why are you such a jerk? Why ..... I whispered, lying on the floor and continued to sob till tiredness took over me.

I woke up next morning with the sun shining onto my face and the light piercing into my eyes. I slowly got up and turned to my surroundings to find myself a few centimetres away from a black grand piano. The room also had mirrors like they did in dance studios ... maybe I could come in here to release my stress? It would be perfect with the locked doors and sound-proof walls. I never knew we had a room like this! What a discovery! 

But I immediately snapped back from my reverie when I heard his voice ...

“Have you seen Minji?”

“No, Taemin-sshi”

“Well can you tell her that omma called, asking for us to have dinner with them later at 7. Tell her to get ready by 6:30 and I’ll come back to pick her up”

“Yes. Is there anything else you would like me to tell her?”

“Umm.. dress formally. And that’s it. Well I’m off. See you later”

“Have a safe trip to work”


I don’t want to see him right now. After what I found out yesterday, he just comes out to me as disgusting. Sure, I’ve heard loads of girls talk about how awesome he is and how his wife, which is me, can’t satisfy his needs.

It’s disgusting and I already know that he’s been doing these stuff behind my back, but at least it wasn’t in front of my face like yesterday. Hearing and knowing what he did hurt so yesterday was ... but I’ve slowly come to accept these flaws of him. I honestly don’t know how longer I’ll be able to accept these and act like I don’t know.

Tears stream down my face with the thought of yesterday and what has happened to my life ever since I met him. However, I quickly wipe away the tears and stop myself from crying as I look at myself through the mirror. I have to be stronger even though it hurts. I won’t try to win his heart but I’ll become stronger. I won’t break down into tears from his actions. And I’ll watch over him...


Author's Note
Sorry. Short chappie again!
& that scene was err.... awkward!