6; New Room

Within Their Hearts

 

Minji unlocked the door and walked out of the room, facing the very surprised maids.

“Good morning”

“Good morning” chorused the maids.

“Minji-sshi. Taemin told me to tell you that y-” said Mr Yoon but was interrupted before he could finish his sentence.

“Yeah. I heard him Mr Yoon. Thank you for informing though. I would like to know how many guest rooms we have here?”

“We have a total of 5 guest rooms” replied Mr Yoon who was a bit surprised with the sudden question.

“Could you show me them?”

“Of course. But would like to have breakfast first?”

“No, it’s okay”

“Very well then, follow me”

Minji and Mr Yoon walked around the house, looking at the guest rooms that were a bit smaller than the master bedroom but nevertheless had all the items a room needed. However, one room particularly caught her attention as the walls were painted baby blue and it was near the garden, where she could easily see the nature. She told Mr Yoon that she would like to move into this room and asked if the maids could help move her items from the master bedroom. Mr Yoon who was taken aback by the sudden request, quickly regained his composure and went to tell the maids about Minji’s request.

As Mr Yoon left the room, Minji released a very big sigh and looked around the room once more before heading upstairs to where the maids were. She instructed them to take all her belongings to the room but when a maid picked up a photo frame, containing their wedding photo, she asked her to ignore it and leave it there. She also told them to keep her whereabouts in this house a complete secret to Taemin to which they all nervously agreed.

When the maids all left, Minji walked towards the desk, picking up the photo frame and examining it with her fingers before heaving a heavy sigh and feeling pain in her heart. She ignored it as she walked around the room, gathering all the photos of them together. She took out a box, placed all their photos together one by one and sealed it with a lid after.

She didn’t know why but she wanted them gone, though she loved him, she didn’t want any more of their pictures together because he never truly loved her and maybe because he may finally start noticing some changes within his life without her. That’s what she hoped .... that’s what she had always been hoping .... a hope that she knew was very unlikely to come true ...

Minji sighed, took the box with her and went towards her room, placing the box in the corners of her new closet. She smiled happily after taking a look around her new room and decided to roam around the house before heading for a shower.