26; Fallen

Within Their Hearts

Taemin dashed after his wife, running out of the club in time to see her car drive off. He groaned in frustration and immediately hopped into his car, sprinting through the night as he searched for her.

After minutes of roaming around the streets, he grew impatient and his heart sank. He actually wanted to find her and get what he wanted. He sighed and decided to head home where excitement and hope filled his heart again. Why? Because he saw her car parked outside. He walked into the house to see the dim light from the bathroom, he smiled and approached the door.

He pressed his ears against the barrier as if he was a detective searching for his target. Yet the sounds he heard surprised him. He opened the door and saw her crouching over the toilet bowl, emptying out her stomach till she was dryly heaving. He stood frozen in his position, unable to move from a familiar tightening in his chest.

Her chest rose and fell from the heavy breathing and her eyes were filled with tears, an arm clutched onto her abdomen. She turned and made eye contact with him as she finished her episode of pain. She broke off the contact, pressing down the button to flush her emptied contents before going over to the sink. Her palms rested on the sink, holding her up as she tried to control her breathing.

She looked up and their eyes met through the reflection of the mirror. She looked down before turning on the tap, letting the cool water wash through her arms before bringing the liquid up to smooth out her face. She sighed upon the contact with the cool water and smiled slightly at the subsidence of the pain.

She turned around and looked at him, leaning against the white marble sink.

“Are you okay?” came his calm reply though worry was evident on his facial features.

She was slightly taken aback by his caring attitude and nodded slowly.

“I’m fine. Just some stomach pain, I just need to take some pills and sleep. I should be fine after that” Minji replied with a small smile, at least he cared.

Taemin looked a bit relieved after hearing her explanation, yet a part of him felt agitated. Why did he care so much about her? When? Why did he even bother to ask her? He sighed and nodded to her response before walking out of the bathroom, his intentional ideas and desires out of his system.

Minji stared at his retreating back before proceeding to the kitchen where she found her medication. She ate a small piece of bread before consuming the tablet and off she went to her room. She didn’t bother to change or shower and just collapsed onto her bed, her body felt so tired. She lay on her bed, arms over her abdomen and eyes staring at the ceiling before they slowly closed.

While Taemin stepped out of the shower with a towel drying his wet hair. He looked at the bed and realised that she wasn’t there. He made a mental note to track down her location in the house as soon as he could before his phone rang, signalling a call from well who knows who.

Taemin’s POV
“Hello?”

“Ahhh Taeminnie!”
exclaimed the other person from the line but for some reason, I thought back to her voice calling out this nickname for me, an unknowing smile tugging at my lips.

“Yeah hyung?”

“Your sister in law and I need to go overseas for some business matters. Is it okay if we drop Yooguen at your place for around a week?”
my older brother of two years asked.

“I....” I hesitated, I liked kids but I also knew that Yooguen didn’t really like me. Heck, he’s been hitting me since he was 4 years old. He loves my Minho hyung though and prefers him over me. He is also now a 6 year old brat.

“Please Taemin! It’s important! And look, it’s winter break at the moment so you won’t have to worry about bringing him to school” the pleading voice of my hyung broke my chain of thoughts.

“But hyung. Can’t you give him to his grandparents?” I questioned.

“For your information Mr Lee, both couples are on holiday right now. Look, I’ll make it up to you as much as I can. Plus, I think you need some time with children so why not Yooguen?”

“He’s a brat
” I stated plainly.

“But he misses you and I’m sure Minji’s able to handle him. By the way, your relationship with her hasn’t made any progress has it? Still have rumours about your oh-so-amazing-ability to hook up with a girl within minutes floating around. When are you going to grow up my dear brother?” I heard him sigh from the other line.

And this is exactly what I hated, I knew he had always tried to pair the both of us because apparently, she was the right one for me. Was she really though? Hyung should’ve married her. That was the initial plan. But because he found sister-in-law, loved her deeply and wasn’t a playboy, omma and appa had let them tie the knot.

And the most important factor of this whole situation was that hyung didn’t want to take over the company because he simply couldn’t handle the pressure so I automatically took up the position since I was the only son left. I knew he felt guilty, guilty about having pushed the burden onto my shoulders, having made me marry someone I didn’t love and maybe couldn’t bring myself to love. Yet he believed that she was the one for me and that she was the one I would grow to love.

I sighed and there was a long silence between us.

“Date and time” I replied, breaking the silence.

“What? Sorry? Oh…Umm….two days from now and around 10 in the morning. Thanks a lot bro”

“It’s fine since I REALLY miss my nephew too. Just remember to bring me back something”
I joked.

“Hmm… I’ll think about that. Alrights. Thanks again”

The phone conversation ended and I lay on the bed, my thoughts were running wild and this wasn’t the first time….. I sighed again. My head hurt from all the thinking and guilt slowly consumed my whole being, I just didn’t want to think about it anymore. I grabbed a pillow and pressed it to my face and I wish I didn’t.

The lavender scent, the addicting scent, her scent filled my senses and I loved it. I groaned, removing the pillow from my face and threw it away from me, it landed softy on the floor with a small thud. If only that was how my heart had landed years ago….maybe…just maybe…I would be able to open up and let her in.

I was afraid…because...I knew this wasn’t just a lustful game we shared though I did like this side of her, it was so rebellious and I was captivated. Yet this was not the first time I was lost in those pair of eyes filled with warmth, that sincere smile, that positive attitude and that husky voice.

”I may have fallen in love with you” 

Author's Note
You guys probably figured out why I haven't updated for so long. School's back, been busy and bored with life. I made twitter though. https://twitter.com/#!/itsjustlifeaff You can follow me if you want.
Anyways, hope you enjoyed this short update. Unfortunately, I will be on a hiatus again.
Thank you to all my subscribers and readers. Also loving the comments. :) 

Shall share with you a random piece of my work while I was at home and in the mood to write.

"As I walk though the memory lane of our love, your whispers of promises echo through. Your small gestures that made me smile, your delicate touches which seem to linger. The path we had ahead of us. The emotions we once shared. The stories we once told. Were they nothing to you anymore? I smile into the darkness of the sky that looms over me, reminiscing the touches you gave me as I was held in your embrace, lying beneath the shared sky on the ticklish green grass."

I simply don't know how to continue it. However, this does not indicate a new story. :) 

 Cheers. :D