7; Dinner

Within Their Hearts

 

Taemin’s POV

I stomped angrily to my car and sped off to the nearest club I could find. I just needed to get drunk and lose control at the moment. I can’t believe that my heart wavered even a tiny bit with her act. Eurgh. I arrived at the club and ordered a glass of champagne.

One glass turned into I don’t know how many but then I saw this girl approaching me, and I knew from her facial expression that she wanted me. And to be honest, I didn’t mind but I don’t know what got to me as I suggested going back to the house. I would usually book a room at the nearest hotel and just have fun there. Maybe I wanted to experience something new? It was an amazing night though....

But we were both interrupted from our deep sleep with the ringing of my phone...a phone call from omma. She said that she wanted to see us and have dinner, and being the ‘good’ boy I am, of course I agreed. The girl from last night shared one last kiss with me before she got up from the bed, wore her clothes and left. I’m glad I picked her, I hate those clingy types that full ask you to stay, like they want more or something. She’s obviously had experience..one night stands....

I checked the time to realise that it’s already 11am! Shoot. I’m late. I quickly jumped out of bed, ran into the bathroom to take a quick shower and changed into my formal attire. I needed to get to work!

However, since omma called and wanted to have dinner with us then of course I’ll have to inform her. Duh. How else would she know? Speaking of her, where has she been the whole night? I told Uncle Yoon to tell her but now that I think of it....could she have seen what happened last night in our bedroom? I don’t remember seeing her anywhere.... Nah. I don’t think so...well let’s hope she didn’t.

End of POV

Minji reluctantly stepped out from her lavender scented shower, walking to her new walk-in closet with only a purple towel wrapped securely around her body. She had been contemplating whether to go to the dinner later but she knew that it was better to act like nothing happened and plus, it was rude to ignore an elder’s request.

She searched for a dress that would be suitable for the dinner tonight, he had said something formal. After a quick glance around the area, she chose her outfit before applying eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss. She didn’t want to over-do it today, it was just a simple meal after-all and plus, she wasn’t really in the mood to look all dolled up.

“Babe. Are you ready? We gotta go” yelled Taemin as he stepped into their mansion, waiting impatiently for her to appear. They were late and his parents wouldn’t be too happy about that but he had rushed back to the house as soon as he had completed the documents for the day.

She was in a daze, staring at her own reflection with endless thoughts running across her mind but was interrupted with his voice, sending a shiver down her spine. She took another glance at her reflection before getting up, achieving her clutch purse and walking out to meet him. Her footsteps echoed throughout the quiet mansion as she approached him.

“You ready to go?” he questioned as he saw her appear from the hallway. She looked stunning tonight, her dress was simple yet it was able to bring out her matured and feminine charms.

“Yeah. Let’s go?” replied Minji who had stopped quite a metre from him.

He didn’t mutter a single word but instead headed for the door and stepped out of the mansion, walking towards his Silver Ferrari. She followed suit and quietly sat in the passenger seat as he started the engine and drove off. They sat in complete silence, comfortable for him but unpleasant for her.

They arrived at the Lee’s mansion to be greeted by the butlers who had been expecting their arrival.

“You’re finally here Taemin! And you Minji! Sweetheart, you look absolutely beautiful tonight!” exclaimed Ms Lee as she hugged the younger ones.

“Omma!” replied the couple, exchanging the hug.

“Come on. Let’s go and have dinner! I told Chef Lee to make your favourites tonight!” said the elder as she led them into the dining room where the other elder sat, looking through the newspaper.

“Sorry that we were a bit late omma. I had some documents to handle at the office” replied Taemin who had his arms on his mother’s shoulders.

“It’s alright. Work is more important, we understand. How is the company doing?” asked Mr Lee who was putting away his newspaper.

“Appa!”

“The company’s doing really well. Our shares have risen and we’ve successfully completed 5 major events” replied Taemin who pulled out the chair for his mother before doing so for his wife.

“That’s good to hear. It’s nice knowing that the company’s going well after I retired”

“You can sure count on me appa!” smiled Taemin.

“Count on you? Then how much longer do I have to wait for my grandchildren?” asked Mrs Lee who smiled with happiness at the thought of mini Taemins and mini Minjis running around the mansion.

“Your mum’s right. I’m waiting for them too” added Mr Lee who exchanged glances with his wife. 

However, the elder couple was oblivious to the younger couple’s reaction as she looked down to hide her blush and he frowned.

“I know that you would like grandchildren but I don’t believe now is the time. I mean, we got married like a few month ago and I’ve just started to look after the company. I guess we need some more time. Right Minji?” replied Taemin as he put his hand over hers, causing her to flinch. She removed her hand from his as soon as contact was made, receiving curious stares from the people at the table.

“Y-Yeah. Taemin’s right. We’re still young omma and appa” stuttered Minji as she tried to avoid his piercing glare.

“B-“

Omma. Let’s have this talk some other time. I’m a bit tired and would just like to enjoy dinner. Speaking of which, here they come!” 

The maids served the family with their respective dishes, to which they all ate in silence with occasional glances here and there but she dared not look at his direction.

He had been purposely bumping his leg against hers under the table and touching her hand, causing her to flinch and move further away from him. He saw her reactions and was mad, they were supposed to be a ‘loving couple’ yet she made it so obvious that something was up. Luckily his parents paid no attention to the commotion going on between them, if not, he’d be questioned and he honestly didn’t need that right now.
 

Author's Note
That's probably the longest chapter so far. :) 
Hope you guys are enjoying the story! 
Thanks to Shirley for helping me choose the dress! :)
Anyone here listen to Claude Kelly or Varsity songs? I love them!