1; It hurts

Within Their Hearts

Minji’s POV


Every day’s the same. He’d get up early every morning, take a shower and leave for work or one of his girlfriend’s house. I’ve got to be lying if I say that I’m not jealous and hurt with his actions but what can I do?

We don’t need a contract to write out the terms of our relationship cause it’s clear. We just need to put up an act in front of everyone for them to believe that we are in love. Because the truth is he hates me while I ... love him.

I don’t think he knows though and I don’t know if I want him to know or not. I’m pretty good at hiding my feelings but unfortunately ... I still got caught. All my unnies know about our relationship. And I still remember how cause that day marked the beginning of my unhappiness.

Flashback

I arrived home from a day out with my unnies and headed to our room wanting some rest. As I was about to turn the knob I heard a conversation from inside the room.....

“Hey babe. I’m free right now and I want to see you.”

“Hehe. Miss me already honey?”

“Yeah. I can’t get enough of you. Where are you right now?”

“I’m at home at the moment. Want to come over?”

“Of course. Why would I miss this chance huh?”

“Alright. I’ll be waiting.”

“You better be. Love you."

“Love you too honey.”

He ended the phone call and I heard footsteps coming closer to the door. I don’t know if it was my reflex or what but I immediately ran into the closest room I could find to hide watching his back as he disappeared.

After I heard the door close indicating that he had gone, I came out from my hiding position and walked to our room where I dropped down onto the ground, breaking into tears. I don’t know why but I felt like my heart had shattered into pieces upon hearing his words.

The door bell suddenly rang, bringing me back from my sadness. I tried very hard to stop myself from crying but it didn’t work. With the constant ringing of the bell, I decided to just open the door and deal with the consequences later. And to my surprise, I opened the door to reveal my unnies whose smiles immediately turned into concern. I had no choice but to tell them what happened.

“It’s been months since he’s been ignoring me and honestly, I am hurt but today. I don’t know. I felt like an arrow was jammed into my heart causing it to shatter into pieces. It hurts unnie. It hurts.”

End of Flashback

I still remember their reactions; shock, confusion and concern and the fact that they wanted to rip him into pieces. I don’t know how I managed to convince my crazy unnies to not do that but it worked. He’s still alive today walking around, having fun with others and ignoring me.

He’s so dense at times it’s weird. I can’t believe that he doesn’t sense the fact that they already know about our relationship. But I’m pretty hypocritical myself because I also remember my unnies telling me that day that I’ve fallen in love with him ..... the playboy, my husband, Lee Taemin.

 

Author's Note

Writing Taemin's convo was really awkward....... HAHAHAHAHAHA....
& sorry about the short chapter. Writing on word doc does not equal to writing on AFF. I swear it looked a lot more on word!