28; Brat

Within Their Hearts

Taemin's POV

I haven’t seen her for the whole day…I wonder what she was doing since she didn’t even bother to show up for work. I shrugged as I opened the door to the house which I don’t know why I’m entering. I could simply be at the club right now, doing my usual routine but I didn’t. I decided to come back and just mop around. I don’t know why.

As I opened the door to the house, laughter and chatter played against my ear. I closed the door quietly and crept towards the living room with curiosity bubbling within my being. I stuck my head out from a wall and was surprised to see my hyungs and noonas around, they were sitting in the living room as they ate, drank and conversed.

My eyes roamed around the area to find
Bom noona munching on a corn cob, not surprised;
Jinki hyung chewing on his chicken, expected;
Top and Jiyong hyung taking sips of their wine, normal;
Jonghyun hyung initiating skin ship and Key hyung nagging, habitual;
Dara noona on her phone, like usual;
Taeyang hyung dancing around with no music, typical;
Seungri hyung and Chaerin noona arguing over something, natural;
Minho hyung playing video games with determination to win against the technology, nothing wrong;
Minji with a child on her lap, nothing peculiar – wait, hold it – CHILD!?

My eyes widened as I continued to stare at their interactions, only to realise that it was Yooguen. Did hyung bring that brat here earlier or something? I continued to observe them and I felt the rapid beating of my heart as I stared at her, the way she acted and the way she smiled showed her capability of becoming a great mother to children of her own and that the guy that got to marry her was definitely lucky. Yet that mere thought of her getting pregnant with another man’s child had my anger slowly creeping within me.

I continued to stare at her and Yooguen, that brat, before our eyes. Her eyes slightly widened before she quickly turned away to pay attention to the being sitting on her lap who actually didn’t require any of her attention and so in other words, she was ignoring me, pretending as if she hadn’t spotted me. I must’ve been entranced in my thoughts as I heard the constant calling of my name, I turned to see all the hyungs and noonas looking at me, including that little brat.

“Hello hyungs and noonas” I greeted with a big smile before walking towards Minji and placing a small kiss on her cheeks.

I felt her stiffen but I paid no mind and sat especially close to her. I turned to eye-level with my nephew, giving him a quick hello and kiss on the cheek before propping my arm around my dear wife. I looked around the room to my hyungs eyes on me; jinki, jonghyun, minho and kibum hyung to be exact.

“Why are you guys looking at me weirdly?” I asked and raised an eyebrow.

I felt gazes on me again before Jinki hyung finally decided to drop his piece of drumstick and answer, and thankfully his mouth was not full.

Did you just kiss Yooguen on the cheek? And he has yet to hit you?” I stared at him in confusion before I answered.

“Yes. And yes. Now what’s wrong?”

My ears perked up to the sounds of giggles which happened to come from my wife. I turned to stare at her, watching as her pearly whites were revealed as her lips lifted. She turned to look at me, our eyes met and she gave me a soft smile before her attention was drawn back to Yooguen who was now whispering in her ear. And then she whispered in his ears before planting a kiss on his cheek and got up to leave. I don’t why I asked because I could care less with what she does….or maybe not?

But I did and all I got were confused and curious looks. Okay guys. I know I’m hot and awesome and all that but don’t gawk at me like I’ve gone nuts! What’s wrong with a husband asking his wife about their plans?! There is no problem, unless you’re Lee Taemin and she’s Gong Minji. My consciousness snapped at me. I mentally snapped back at it to shut up.

“I’m going to take a quick shower before we all head out to dinner” came her reply as she stared at me with confusion, probably because I was interested in what she doing. Well who wouldn’t be interested with what their wife did?  

Oh. You were all planning to head out for dinner?” I questioned as I looked around the room.

“No invite?”

“Obviously”


I turned my eyes and looked at the person who replied. Oh and guess who it was, that little brat. I shot him a glare while he poked his tongue out before running to Minji and hugging her legs. I watched in slight envy at how close he was to her and how she patted his head gently as if to reassure him. That little brat didn’t need any reassurance! I groaned mentally.

“Well since you know about it now. Do you want to go with us to dinner?” asked Dara noona as she looked at me.

But I also heard the small and soft comments made by Bommie and Chaerin noona and frowned slightly. “Or would you rather go to a club?” “And screw around with some girls?”

“Sure. I’ll go get ready now”
I replied with a forced smile before getting up and walking pass Minji and that brat.

My thoughts wondered to their bitter comments and my brows creased again. I knew they had known of my doings and keeping an act up in front of them was kinda lame but they never made it so bitter or known to me that they knew and were disgusted by it. Maybe they were just having a bad day? I sighed and decided to shake off the thought. I do want to enjoy my dinner and having unnecessary thoughts floating around with me didn’t sound like such a good idea.

 

After my quick and warm shower, I walked down the steep steps of the stairs to silence. All I could hear was the resounding noise of my feet as it met with the cold marbled floor. Complete silence. I walked slowly and poked my head carefully into the living room in hopes that my hyungs and noonas would be there.

And to my luck, they weren’t. I groaned in frustration and annoyance. I was left alone. Alone, when we had agreed to go together! I honestly hadn’t taken that long had I?! I sighed before noticing a post-it note on the fridge. Printed in fine writing was “Sorry but we had to leave early. Please meet us at Smoky Steakhouse after you’ve finished showering. Meet you there!”

And I knew straight away it was her handwriting; neat and tidy. I felt anger rush over me and the thoughts of stopping by a club seemed more tempting to me at the moment and that was exactly what I was going to do. I grabbed my car keys and wallet in one hand, prepared to head out. My palm wrapped slightly around the door knob, finger tips pressed lightly against the cool metal surface. However, a sudden thought flashed through me and I liked the idea, a smirk gradually found its way on my face. They don’t want me there do they?

Well we’ll see what happens during this dinner. Oh the awkwardness and tension. Wouldn’t it be lovely? Maybe a little touchy and touchy will be nice too. I let a small laugh escape my parted lips and I left the house with light-hearted footsteps. My mind thought over their reactions and different scenarios that could occur. It was simply going to be a long, busy and eventful night. That, I knew for sure. And to my surprise, it was because before I had even known what I was doing…my fist had connected with a face. There goes my knuckles. And his face. It must hurt. Cause I'm definitely hurting.


Author's Note
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EVERYONE! HAHAHAHA. I sincerely apologise for not updating for over a month; school, had no inspiration and just exams. I still actually have no inspiration for this story....... :l BUT I'M SORRY NOW FORGIVE ME. But you don't have to.... HAHAHA. Hope you enjoy the update. It's probably not something I, as a reader, would expect/want from an author after a while. Might have some errors that I shall fix later on in the day; it's 12:35am here! I have also completed a sequel to my one-shot which I will be uploading later!

My life has been hectic during this hiatus though and I don't know if you guys are interested or not but here ya go:
- Got my ears pierced! Triple Helix :D
- Stepped out of my comfort zone and spoke to a flower. HAHAHA.
- I suddenly have an obsession with buttflies and stars
- LUHAN IS JUST TOO CUTE AND OMGAD -> PERFECT
- Was so excited after exams finished but now I'm sad cause of results; high school life
- Stress over dropping and picking up subjects D:
- Becoming year 12 next term. I'M NOT PREPARED. HSC COURSE BEGINS. SCREWED.
- SEUNGRI SCANDAL. SAY WHAT?!
- G-DRAGON'S SOLO COMEBACK! THAT XX! (having Jenny Kim in the MV made him look like a pedo to me; not pleased)

ANYWAYS, HAVE FUN READING AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH ONCE AGAIN FOR BEING PATIENT WITH ME. I SHALL TRY MY BEST TO UPDATE REGULARLY! CHEERS! :D
P.S. I REALLY dislike the new AFF layout. :(