9; Kiss Miss

Within Their Hearts

WARNING: Very long? (boring) chapter ahead. More of a chaekey than taeminzy focused chappie.

Her heartbeat increased as he stared at her, stretching upwards and going towards her lips. It seemed as though she had forgotten about the incident yesterday and his anger disappeared. But he was unfortunately (?) interrupted with the ringing of her phone. They both snapped out of their trance and she quickly scrambled off him, reaching for her phone as he lay there, completely confused with his actions.

"Hello"

"Bwo?! Unnie and oppa? You can’t be serious"

"Neh. I’ll be there in ten"


Minji’s POV

I dashed out of the house, hailing a cab to go to Dara unnie’s place to meet up with the girls. Bommie unnie called, saying that Chaerin unnie got into an argument with Key oppa and she was so close to calling a break up. Those two divas!

Lucky the call came in time. That was so close! I don’t know what happened to me! Why didn’t I stop myself? Why didn’t I get off him? Aish! My heart is still thumping so loudly against my rib. I really need to cool off, my cheeks are burning as well! Aigoo!

Taemin’s POV

Okay… what did I just do? I was about to kiss her! OMG. What is this?!


I laid there as she answered her phone call, before dashing out of the house, not even bothering to spare me a glance. Something is seriously wrong with me today, I was about to kiss her! Must be another tiring day I guess. I need some sleep.

I slowly stood up and dragged myself to the nearest guest room I could find. I was slowly drifting off to dreamland when my phone rang. Damn. Who would call at such a time? I silently cursed before fishing out my phone.

"Hello" I grumbled in a not-so-pleasant tone

"Did I wake you up or something?"

"Seunghyun hyung? Kinda. I was about to fall asleep!"

"Urghh. Sorry about that. Just wanted to tell you that the guys are meeting up at the club tomorrow. Usual place, usual time. You coming right?"
asked TOP.

"Yeah. I will. Bye"

"Bye"


I sighed and closed my eyes before darkness took over me.


! Ding Dong Ding Dong !

"Minkii! You’re here! Did you go somewhere with Taemin? You’re all dressed up!" exclaimed Bom who hugged Minji tightly.

"Yeah. Dinner with his parents. Where are the other unnies?" replied Minji who hugged her unnie back.

"They’re in the living room. We’re having a girls’ night today. All the confessions you wanna make or problems you have! You’re sure spilling ‘em tonight!" grinned Bom who closed the door.


"You go in first. I need to get something from the kitchen"

"Let me guess. Corn?"

"Nah. Bread for today"
beamed Bom

"Alrights unnie!"

Minji walked to the living room to see her other two unnies sitting on a blanket covered floor.

"Oh Minji you’re here!" shouted Dara upon seeing the younger one.

"Neh. So what’s up?" asked Minji who looked at Chaerin while taking a seat next to Dara.

"wait wait wait wait! I’m here!" screamed Bom who rushed to where the girls were while holding a plate of fairy bread.

"Ookay. Begin woman"

"Well… Key and me went shopping the other day cause we heard there were new arrivals at all the top stores. He even bought me a bouquet of roses!"
smiled Chaerin who recalled her precious memories with her long time boyfriend

"Everything sounds fine to me ?" asked Dara

" Everything WAS fine until we met one of his FRIENDS" said Chaerin who emphasised the words was and friend while quoting with two of her fingers from each hand

"I think her name was Nicole? Whatever. So we chatted for a while and shopped around with each other. While I looked at different clothing, the both of them chatted happily with each other like I wasn’t around. I’m like totally okay with that but then when I asked him how I looked in this jacket, he said 'Oh rinnie! I think Nicole will look better in that. It’s totally her style'" said Chaerin who mimicked her boyfriends voice.

"Oh my god. What the hell is that?" exclaimed Bom

"Yeah. I know. So I let it slide, though I really really really wanted to explode at that moment. But I finally snapped when I heard that they weren’t just friends, they were freaken ex-lovers that were so close to getting married! I was like in the changing room at the time and they were in front of it, yapping away about their past memories. I pretended like I didn’t hear anything and waited for him to confess. And you know Teddy? The singer I like?" croaked Chaerin with tears slowly staining her white cheeks

"Hmm…" nodded the girls

"We saw him after we separated, heading for an afternoon snack at the usual place. I was so happy to see him that I momentarily forgot about what happened earlier. Like hey! I met him in real life! I saw the guy I’d admired for years up close and in real life! Of course I’ll be fan-girling. I even got an autograph and picture with him. We talked for a bit and then when he was about to leave, he hugged me and gave me a kiss on the cheek" stated Chaerin who blushed at the memory of encountering her role model

"and then……?" asked Minji

"Key and me had our little afternoon snack but it was really awkward between us, like there was some tension going on. He was awfully quiet and after a few attempts of talking with him. I gave up. I won’t bother with a conversation if he’s not trying to maintain one.

We stayed like that till we reached my apartment. I said to him, do you have anything you want to tell me? He said no and asked me in turn why was I acting like a ? What the hell is wrong with that guy? Like seriously. If I was acting like a then he was acting like a !

I got out of his freaken car and said 'you know what, maybe we should rethink about this relationship' and slammed the damn door shut. He didn’t say a word and just sped off. I would’ve expected him to at least confront me so we’d argue and talk about it but no. Nothing.

I waited for another day and still nothing….nothing… we haven’t spoken for days… Maybe he really wants us over. Maybe he wants Nicole back. Maybe he doesn’t love me anymore. Maybe we weren’t supposed to be together"
cried Chaerin.

"Hey. Don’t say that. You’re lovely Chaerin. It doesn’t matter if you two break up cause there’s many guys out there that want you as their girl! So it’s his loss!" comforted Bom.

"Yup. That’s right. It’s his loss so don’t worry" agreed the other two girls.
 

"Thank you" smiled Chaerin though her tears.

As Chaerin went to the bathroom to clear herself up, Dara noticed that something was a bit different today.

"Is something wrong with you Minji? You’ve been pretty quiet the whole time throughout Chaerin’s story" questioned Dara which snapped the younger one out of her daze

"Umm… y-yeah… I’m fine. Don’t worry about me" stuttered Minji

"You sure? It doesn’t seem like it. Did something happen between you and Taemin?" interrogated Dara with her eyes filled with curiosity. Minji, after all was a cheerful girl but something seemed weird about her today, she just wasn’t herself.

"Errr…..N-nothing happened between us. It’s just the usual routine. Nothing’s changed. What about you Bommie unnie? How’s you and TOP  oppa?" asked Minji who tried to remove the spotlight from her.

Bom gave Minji a glare which said i-know-something-happened-and-you’re-going-to-tell-me-later-so-just-you-wait before answering the question thrown at her.

"Everything’s fine between us I guess. But something seems off to me. I don’t know why but he’s been acting weirdly lately" replied Bom nonchalantly while taking a bite of fairy bread

"What about you Dara? Everything fine with Jiyong?"

"I don’t know either to be honest. Bleh. I think we’re all having relationship problems huh?"
replied Dara who fiddled with the blankets

"All of us with relationship problems?" questioned Chaerin as she walked towards the girls on the floor

"Guess so. Argh! I don’t know anymore. I’m so tired" stated Bom who started to kick and roll around.

The three other girls laughed at the eldest’s childish behaviour.

"You know what. Like what Dara unnie suggested before, let’s go to the club at night tomorrow. However, we’re gonna spend a boyfriend/husband free day tomorrow. So we’re all gonna turn off our phones, shop till we drop and party like maniacs tomorrow! Yeah?" suggested Chaerin

"I’m in!" replied the three excited girls

The girls then proceeded to talk about their childhood memories, a stage of life that they would gladly relive. It was amazing how they bonded so quickly in high school and have remained the best of friends ever since…..

The four best friends forever were slowly consumed by darkness, taken to a dreamland, neverland, the place where everything seemed perfect; no arguments, no tears, no sadness; only happiness, laughter and love…..



 

Author's Note
THANK YOU FOR MY TWENTY-ONE SUBSCRIBERS! I'm in a rush but I really need to give you guys a shout out soon. :)

Sorry for not updating. School started last week and things have been hectic. I'm not happy with this chapter (seemed kinda boring to me) but I hope it made up for the past how many days! & special thanks to my lovely friend (not) Eileen for proof reading this chappie and giving me some ideas. (Library time is great woman!)

Little message to those around me.
Hello to all my friends who actually found this fanfic (damn!). Even if it isn't techinically the end of the year; t
his year has been tough. It how some of us have been failing some exams and been through depression or an anti-social period. Moreover, we're the freaken last year to do the school cert. and we don't get an extra week off like what the others got. FML. For those who are going through this period, I hope you can pull through it. I know that no matter what everyone says to you, you won't listen or care cause you're not in the mood to do so. I was anyways. You'll need time to get over all this and I just want to tell you that no matter what happens, there'll always be people who actually care about you so don't hesitate to talk to them.

Message to a special friend of mine.
Things have been awkward between us and the convo we had, made things worse. I really want to talk to you normally but I don't think we can do that anymore, cause to me, it doesn't seem like you wanna talk. Maybe just my assumptions. But I really hope you can pull through this year with a big and proud smile, no matter what you get in the exams because you really deserve it. You've been pressuring yourself and changing a lot this year. I miss the old you; the bubbly, out-going and sarcastic girl. So please, if you have any problems, talk to someone about it. I know you tend to keep things to yourself. :/

Sorry about the messages. It's just been really tough this year. :/ Gotta prepare for exams. Nooooo! So till next time. (:
& THANK YOU TO MY SUBSCRIBERS & FOR THE COMMENTS - Yes, the three of you found me. :(