13; Love Game?

Within Their Hearts

Minji walked nervously towards their house, she honestly didn’t think about how he would react when she had made the decision. She fumbled with her keys, only to jump back in surprise when the door jerked open, revealing a-not-so-happy Taemin who stood there with his arms crossed as if he was waiting for her arrival. She sighed, she’d have to face him sooner or later, might as well just get it over and done with.

“You wanted to work in the company?” asked Taemin as he stared at her, still trying to figure out why….

She nodded as she stared back at him.

“…why?” questioned Taemin.

She let her eyes wander behind him before looking straight into his eyes. She couldn’t tell him the reason…..what was the reason? Cause she wanted to help lift some workload off his shoulders? The reason was plain stupid and hell no was she saying that to him. Just no.

“Because I wanted to…..Do I need a reason for whatever I choose to do?” questioned Minji as she stepped into the house, closing the door behind her.

She turned around to find Taemin’s eyes filled with anger. She loved pissing him off with her remarks didn’t she? Answering a question with a question was her game. She sighed.

“Look. I know we aren’t on great terms or whatever but I want to work at the company. Just let me be and act as a loving husband in front of others, I’m pretty sure we won’t have to see each other every day at the company. Now that I’m done, I’m off” said Minji carefully as she observed his reaction before turning towards the hallway and heading for the kitchen. She was starving! She sighed in relief when she heard the front door close, he was off again, probably going to a club again. She rolled her eyes before preparing her meal.

She plopped onto the sofa and switched on the tv as she waited for her dish to cook. She smiled as she remembered the talk over the phone with Bom. She had told her that all the girls had fixed their problems with the guys because of some dragging to the car, shouting and then….kisses…. She blushed as she heard the word kiss, remembering what had happened between her and him. She could only stutter and try to lie when Bom asked about her relationship with Taemin.  

Taemin’s POV

What the hell is wrong with this girl? She’s always answering my questions with another question and before I could even digest what she said, she ran off. I fumed with anger as her words sank in…”Act as a loving husband in front of others?”…really ? You think I like to act. It’s already hard to do so in front of others when we attend a party together and now I have to do it every damn day. Oh I’ll be having sooooooooooo much fun. Let me tell ya. I would.

Getting frustrated and annoyed, I grabbed my wallet and car keys before slamming the door. I fished out my phone and dialled a random number. I was greeted by a sweet high pitched voice…
Hello?”

“Where are you?”

“Taemin Oppa?”

“Are you free? Because I’m very bored tonight and I need some entertainment”
I said in a low husky voice, I knew she would get the hint and I was right because her next sentence confirmed it.

“Oh! Of course I am! I’m just at my place with a friend” replied her seductive voice and I knew what she meant.

I took the hint and immediately hung up before speeding down the road, towards my destination. A smirk appeared on my lips as I knew that tonight was going to be a long night…..a beautiful night…..

Minji’s POV

I let out a small groan as I woke up from my sleep with the sound of jingling keys and the closing of the door. I looked around my surroundings and realised that I had fallen asleep on the couch while watching the re-run of Family Outing, which is still the best variety show to date for me.
“Minji?”

I snapped my Head towards the sound of my name and saw Butler Yoon and the maids standing in a line while giving me a small bow.
I showed them a tired smile before getting up and heading to my room, preparing for the day ahead of me. It was early, I knew but I didn’t care. Might as well get ready early, have a relaxing breakfast and stroll to the company. No one would want to be late for their first day at work now would they?

I smiled as I finished my breakfast; pancakes! I had told Butler Yoon to inform the chef that the both of us would not be returning for dinner for the night. I had to go meet my unnies while he…….we all knew what he was doing at night.

I strolled casually towards the company, taking small steps as I took in the scenery. My thoughts wandered from the beautiful scenery to the changes in my life; the decision to work in the company was a big change in lifestyle for me. I would have to work and be careful with what I did because I was facing the public now. Under the scrutinizing eyes of the public; every story, every rumour and every word could be changed and manipulated so differently from the real story, the real event and the real word. All of my unnies, oppas and my parents have been through this and so, I knew how to deal with it but what if it wasn’t what as I thought it to be? I haven’t actually faced them yet and when I do, what if I couldn’t be strong enough to defend myself? What if I messed up? Would I collapse and be known as weak? But was I ever strong in the first place?

I sighed. You’re so silly Minji. Why are you asking yourself rhetorical questions? You haven’t been there and therefore, you wouldn’t know. I shook my head as I tried to get rid of my endless questions, only to realise that I had stopped right in front of the glass double doors of the company.

I smiled as I stepped into the heavily air-conditioned area, feeling the cold air hit my skin. I headed towards the elevator, greeting my fellow colleagues as we moved to our destination; floor five for me. I had chosen the promotion department, helping with the advertisement of the company and products of other companies. I have no idea why I had chosen that department but something about the job description that Donghae had told me about, attracted me. And plus, the highest floor was the twentieth floor, where Taemin was located. The fifth floor and the twentieth floor had a total difference of fifteen floors, chances of running into each other this way was very slim. But everyone in the company knew that we were married so having to act once in a while was expected.

Taemin’s POV

I hadn’t seen her for the whole day but I only knew that she chose to work in the promotion department. I would’ve gladly played my role as the loving husband if I didn’t have to deal with all these documents; adjusting the terms of the agreements and reading over different proposals. I had to head to one of the branches to check on their recent developments and then meet with the hyungs later for dinner. However, my scheduled day twisted when a phone call sounded into my silent and cool room. Picking up the ringing phone, the uneasy voice of my secretary notified me that the Bae’s heiress was here for an unscheduled meeting and that they were already on the fifteenth level conference room. I sighed in frustration. Guess I have no choice if they’re already here.

Walking into the conference room made me halt my steps as the face of a young pretty girl with long black hair that fell just before her waist greeted me. I had honestly thought that Mr Bae would be attending the meeting but no, he had sent his daughter. The innocent girl who was known to be the playgirl amongst the elites, funny how we haven’t met yet. Maybe today would be a great opportunity to get to know each other. I smiled at her as our eyes met and as soon as we finished our greetings and my came into contact with the chair, the business talk started.

They had proposed an idea to have their products sold in our hotel branches, it was an attractive idea and it benefited for both company. We would get the top quality products at a cheaper price while their products would get known thanks to our hotels. I still couldn’t agree on the idea though, I needed some more time to discuss with the department heads to see if it would work. I was a genius but I was cautious of every move we made.

After hours of discussion, we had finally come to an agreement that the idea would be looked over carefully with further discussions to follow. Relieved to have the business matters over and done with, I enthusiastically shook her soft and delicate hand and watched as the staff gathered the documents and headed out the room. My eyes watched her every move and I’m pretty sure she knew that I had an interest in her as we were both left alone in the conference room.

She turned around to face me as she heard the door close. A playful smile on her lips as she walked to where I was standing, toying with my tie as I stared at her. She was beautiful and I desired her. Anticipation cursed through my body as she leaned into my ear.

“What were you looking at Mr Lee?” whispered her voice.

“You. And call me Taemin. Mr Lee is too formal between us, Suzy.” came my low husky voice.

“How blunt of you Taemin”

“Only with you my sweetheart”
I said as I trailed my hand from her cheeks to her lips. Our eyes locked and I leaned in for a kiss to which she gladly returned.

We both broke apart from the contact and gazed deeply into each other’s eyes. I leaned for another kiss, a fiery and ual one but was however broken off from the idea as she pushed me away. I looked at her in confusion as she let out a hearty laugh.

“Sorry honey but I don’t do married men. Not my taste though you’re pretty hot” came her words as she smirked at me, turning on her heels to leave. So she wanted to play a game eh?

“Sorry to burst your bubble sweetheart but this guy here doesn’t give up so easily.” My voice caused her to stop in her tracks as she turned slightly to give me yet another playful smile.

I’ll be waiting for you then…..”

I let out a low growl as she left the room. I didn’t expect her to play hard to get but this was going to be interesting. I hadn’t played the love game in awhile but I shouldn’t be caring about that now. I was hard! Damn it. She left me hanging and she was sure as hell going to pay the next time I saw her. I sighed as I fished out my phone and dialled a random number. I needed to settle some things down there right now.

Author's Note
Thanks to all those that voted! Going with the posted chapter 12 meant more chapters really..... & for any readers confused. Read only the parts posteed under "Chapter 12"
Sorry 'bout mistakes and any errors. I got lazy. :)
Was this chapter boring? :l
P.S. I really loved a part of Minji's POV. ^^