34; In Love

Within Their Hearts

Taemin could not make out anything happening except for the fact that his dear wife was dancing very closely and intimately next to a guy and his hands were around her waist! Oh gosh! Why did she have to wear a dress now? Her dress was riding up and exposing more skin than necessary. He was panicky and uneasy as he watched the pair, glaring intently at the male. He groaned. He never knew his wife would be surrounded by so many guys but then again, it wasn't like he knew much about her to begin with. He gulped down another glass of drink and sighed in annoyance, about to break when he saw those fingers that were once wrapped around her waist moving slowly down. He shot up in realisation, ignoring the looks he received and watched intently of the movements occuring, ready to throw punches as soon as something happened. He, however, was able to let go of the breath he didn’t know he was holding when the music ended and the pair separated to the applause of the crowd. They smiled, held hands and bowed. HELD HANDS.

He glared at their entwined fingers and watched as he held her hand and guided her to the bar. He watched as the male helped his wife sit down on the stool, watched as they whispered in each others’ ears and laughed and watched when he’d drape an arm over her shoulder. He groaned and felt his anger rising. He paced around, once again ignoring the looks he received as he thought of something to do which was unusual since the old him would’ve just went up to the two and pulled her away, claiming her as his but for some reason, he knew she wouldn’t like that. Nor would her oppas and unnies watching he silently added. He looked back up to the male sitting only by himself and his eyes widened, scanning the room frantically for his wife. He walked from his position and onto the dance floor where he continued scanning for her, catching her only as she headed back from the rest room. He immediately grasped her hand and yanked her towards him. Their bodies collided as she gasped.

She looked up and saw that it had been the doing of her husband to which she smiled and laughed at. He grinned down at her and they danced with each other. Their arms wrapped around each other with their bodies pressed closely against each other in their own little world, failing to notice the glare that her oppas had on them. To say the two wetr so engrossed with each other was an understatement because they were now basically the centre of attention with every single pair of eyes minus the club goers who had no idea what was going on, staring at them. Just them two, arms wrapped around each other as they whispered sweet nothings, kissed and nipped at each other. However, as they continued Minji began to feel lightheaded and uncomfortable. She frowned hard, hoping to rid of her upcoming headache. Taemin who noticed this frowned also and stopped holding onto her, he pushed her away from him to get a closer look at her.

She looked up at him and saw the concern painted in his eyes, she smiled meekly and nodded as if telling him that she would be fine. She pulled away from him and walked away, towards the rest room but not before feeling a hand slipping through hers. She looked up and smiled, their fingers entwined as they walked together – it felt so right, it looked so right but her oppas knew better than that. He was going to hurt her one day, they saw it, his eyes were filled with love but there was also hesitation no matter how much his body language exuded his love for her, he was hesitant and that wasn’t a good sign. But they all sighed because they all knew nothing could be done, maybe they could beat him up after he hurt her but that’s it. Their little sister needed that pain to make her decisions for the best or worst – who knows but it was inevitable either way. When one is lost in a one-sided love, nothing but the object of love will be able to make the lover forget.

Taemin stood outside the rest room, waiting for Minji as his hands covered his chest with a lovesick smile on his face. She looked damn fine, she surely smelt and tasted so too and he was so intrigued. He didn’t seem to care about anything in the world but her and he was ecstatic, ecstatic to know that maybe his feelings were finally becoming more genuine. Yet his smile was wiped off his face when he saw Soojung running towards him with tears streaming down her cheeks, his eyes grew wide and alarmed, however, before he could ask what was wrong, she threw her arms around him and sobbed uncontrollably into his chest. It wasn’t like he felt anything for her – well maybe, but that was in the past when he had mini crushes on both her and Jin Ri with Jin Ri triumphing in the end. He frowned at her sobs that seemed to never stop and not wanting to receive looks from anyone that might come down the hallway, he led her outside of the club where they were surrounded with darkness. He didn’t let go of her as she continued to cry, hugging onto her and patting her head softly like an older brother would to comfort his crying little sister. No words were spoken between them two, even after she had calmed down and stopped sobbing.

They sat on the pavement together and watched the stars in the sky, something which he absolutely wouldn’t mind doing with his dear wife. The silence was comfortable and peaceful despite the loud booming of the music. He turned to her and watched her as she spoke of the reasons for her tears. He laughed lightly after her explanation and squeezed her cheeks, placing an arm over her shoulder and telling her that she had mistaken. True, his Minho hyung had had a crush on Yuri but that was in the past and the sudden appearance of the older girls had Minho paying little attention to Soojung who had also happened to witness an episode of the two ily dancing together on the dance floor. His eyes, she said, was filled with love and this feeling she got from them told her it was no good and when she had confronted him, he dismissed her jealously with a mere chuckle and squeeze on the arm. And so being the hot headed girl she was, started an argument with him which eventually escalated to a fight with her running away in tears.

“Really?” her quiet voice whispered as Taemin gave her his opinion on the view.

“Yes really” he chuckled.

“Aigoo. Jealous Soojung is so cute!” he laughed and pinched her cheeks again, causing her to push away from his arms which wouldn’t move.

They struggled together and laughed with Taemin placing a soft peck to her forehead, ending their physical and playful banter. They stood up and dusted themselves, taking their time to walk back to the club with Soojung asking Taemin for his advice on making peace with her boyfriend again. Yet all the while as they did this, they failed to notice a pair of hot burning eyes staring at them. Her head suddenly felt that headache again and lucky for her, one of her close unnies stumbled upon her before she collapsed. Her unnie inquired her on her current state, asking if she was hurt anywhere else before really asking her what was wrong. As she heard the story, she frowned and sighed. What could she really do with this girl? She made sure that the younger one had her tears wiped and her headache ceased with the help of some Advil before re-entering the club, heading towards the VIP area to bid farewell. The others were less than pleased to hear of her early leave but did little to make her stay as she announced of her headache and apologies. She, however, was made to promise that she would go the cruise outing at all costs organised by her Teddy oppa as soon as the details were given. She walked towards the president, hugged him and bid him farewell. She walked slowly out of the club, unknown to her husband and caught a taxi back home where she crashed on her bed, in her room. She smiled as she inhaled her room’s scent and fell asleep under the protective covers of her blanket.

Minji woke up the next morning with a familiar yet foreign scent – his scent. He had been in her room and on her bed which only meant that he had found her little hideout in his house. She sighed and ruffled her head to find that he had changed her into her pyjamas. She shrugged and walked to her bathroom to have herself clean before stepping into the kitchen to find the table with two plates laid out neatly. She smiled but jumped and screamed in surprise when he hugged her from behind and kissed her temple. His action reminded her of what he did yesterday and she stiffened. She slowly pulled away from his embrace, turned to smile at him before sitting down on the chair. He didn’t seem to notice her change in attitude as a result of his action as he sat down as soon as she did and told her to dig in and she did because she was goddamn hungry. However, despite how hungry she was, she ate slowly to not cause any indigestion. As she sipped her water, her eyes met his and he smiled at her, she offered a soft one also but he knew that something was wrong. Feeling guilty about last night, he reached across the table for her hand where he rubbed it with his thumb softly.

“I’m sorry about last night….. I didn’t mean to not answer your calls, my phone was on vibrate and I was kind of preoccupied” he said as he stared at their hands, looking up to meet her eyes as he finished his sentence.

She looked at him and smiled softly but hell, he could tell it was forced and frowned. He squeezed her hand and asked if he was forgiven to which she replied he was but he was not convinced because her attitude was anything but forgiving. He sighed, stood up and walked to her, bending down and grasping her face in his before he planted a soft kiss on her lips, pulling only a few centimetres away to whisper “I’m sorry.” She looked straight into his eyes and saw the sincerity in them, nodding to him afterwards as a sign that he was forgiven. He smiled widely pulled her up from her seat, wrapping his arms around her, lifting her off the ground and spinning around with her. She yelped in surprised but laughed with him. And breakfast continued but with her on his lap and the both of them feeding each other as they spoke.

As the finished and he offered to do the dishes, she lounged around in the living room, watching television as she waited for her husband only to be disrupted from her rather peaceful state by the beeping of her phone to indicate her of a new message. Her eyes widened and she scolded herself for being so disrespectful, in two days time, it would be the death anniversary of her beloved grandmother and she forgot! She, who was so attached to her grandmother had forgotten about the date of her death. She frowned before quickly replying to her mother, telling her that Taemin and her would arrive on time on the day to pay respect to the elder. She stared blankly in front of her as she recalled the memories she shared with her grandmother, how they’d laugh over their own little secrets and how her grandmother criticise her dancing while telling her to incorporate some traditional dance elements into the modern dance to which she did and was seen by her grandmother only. She smiled at the memories, only noticing the presence of her husband when he made it known by leaning his head against her shoulder. She rested her cheek against his head as he had their fingers entwined.

“Are you free two days from today?” she asked him as she played with his fingers.

Hmm…I’m not sure, probably not. Why?” he asked as he also stared at their fingers.

It’s my grandmother’s death anniversary that day and I want to pay my respects for her….with you” she timidly replied with a shy smile.

He beamed at her shyness and replied enthusiastically, promising to go with her to pay their respects for the elder who was very cherished by her granddaughter. He smiled, happy to know that she was slowly letting him in with her family affairs, something he knew she had wanted to do for a long time but did not have the courage to. He pulled her into his embrace, her head resting on his chest as her arms circled his waist. He inhaled her sweet yet addicting lavender scent before he closed his eyes. The two fell asleep in each other’s embrace on the couch, forgetting the fact that the maids and Butler Yoon had witnessed the whole scene. Smiles graced their features as they watched the scene, hoping that this was how the two would finally spend the rest of their life as a couple - so in love with each other.

After spending their time together for that one day where they did things better hidden from the eyes and ears of the people around them, they felt so secured and loved. It was funny how one day in each other’s embrace where they whispered sweet nothings, shared kisses and made love would allow the both of them to feel so secure about each other and about their feelings.