19; Lips

Within Their Hearts

The next day, both figures stayed at home; not showing up for work, not bothering to speak and not answering their phones. They drowned themselves in their wariness, sobbing from time to time as they remembered the events of last night; the actions done and the words said. Everything in the house was eerily quiet after darkness had consumed the brightness and the household held only two people; the husband and wife.

The husband had stopped sulking and cleaned himself, preparing for a heated and relaxed night at the club which meant drowning himself in pleasure to forget his pain. His fake and forced smile didn’t seem to bother the girls he had in the VIP room, sitting around him and trying to get his attention in hopes of a special night with the playboy. He smirked and downed more of the intoxicating substance that made his mind clouded, that helped him escape his pain.

To this moment, he didn’t care about his image, he didn’t care about his parents, he didn’t care about the company because all he could focus on was how he was left and alone on the bed in the morning. He had wanted to walk back into her life but she just pushed him away. Nothing was needed, they shared a passionate night where he thought she still loved him and would continue to love him, where he showed her that he still loved her and would continue to do so. The emotions that cursed through his body when he was with her, her gentle touch and sweet moans felt all too real yet fake.

He wasn’t a psychic but he felt it and he saw it, he was sure, though he was drunk that love and passion appeared in her eyes when they shared sweet kisses. But the answers to his theories and to his hopes disappeared within the next morning. He had cried for hours and slowly opened the hidden file in his phone which revealed a picture of her with long brown hair, so innocent and so sweet. He smiled bitterly to himself once again. She played him once again...how long? How long would it take for him to move on? How long would it take for him to maybe see a change?

Two days after the incident and only she showed up for work. Why? Because he had such a splendid night that he was still lying in bed, at home, , though the sun was up and burning. She had recollected all her thoughts during that one day, thinking over her life and thoughts once again till she finally came up with one conclusion, she would try her best to move on, she would ignore him to the best of her ability, she would stop with her hopes, she would continue to act with him, she would continue to learn about the company and she would change; for the better or worse, who knows? But she was. She scoffed. Why hadn’t she done this any sooner? Because all her decisions and determinations resulted from that night, just that one night....

She stepped into the conference room where she faced six tired and worn out looking men. She frowned.

“What’s wrong? Why did you want me here?” She questioned as she scanned the room, it was messy with documents scattered on the table everywhere. For some reason, it reminded her of the night conference, where the plan was set.

“The investors aren’t happy with losing the Bae’s contract. Have you seen the news?” asked Yunho as he looked at her, confusion filled her features.

Taking the answer as a no to the question, Changmin showed her the clip on the laptop to which she watched with wide eyes. Shock, fear and confusion took over her features. Had she really done something wrong? As the video ended, she searched the desk for the lab results, looking it over and over again.

The men watched as she panicked and paced around with small smiles on their lips. When the news broke out, the investors went crazy and nothing could be done as the man in charge didn’t show up for work nor did he answer his phone. The men were all worn out, double checking all their sources and explaining to the investors who in turn only came out with rage and deemed for an explanation tomorrow morning by either the Lee in charge or the Gong who had made the decision.

For some reason, they all had the feeling that it was the female who would show up and try to fix this mess as soon as she found out. So they had also agreed to help her through it, this was just one of their tests. If she were to speak to the investors regarding the issue, her confidence was what would be needed and she wasn’t going to have any if she found out she was at fault.

“Are you sure these tests were done properly? Have you checked with the lab that ran them? What did they say?” bombarded Minji as she stared at the pieces of paper in front of her, everything looked perfectly fine.

“Yes. I know the person who ran the test for us and I’ve double checked with them and confirmed that these are the results, nothing was changed” answered Yoochun.

Her frown deepened and she looked like a lost little girl. She sighed and fished out her phone, dialling a number to further confirm the news.

“Hello?”

“Hello Dara-unnie. I’m sorry for bothering you but I would like to know if Mrs Jang did actually get food poisoning from the Bae’s? Like you’re one hundred and one percent positive that she did and even your employees?” asked Minji as she paced back and forth, scared that she did really stuffed up. Her thoughts wondered off to what Taemin had said to her and she felt a stab in the heart.

“Oh. Minji-ah. Yes. I’m positive that Mrs Jang did get food poisoning from it. Are you okay? I saw the news yesterday. Oh AND WHY DIDN’T YOU PICK UP YOUR PHONE?! You know how worried we were?” screamed Dara, her booming voice causing Minji to move the phone away from her ear.

I was.....busy. I’m sorry for worrying you but can you promise that Mrs Jang did actually get food poisoning from the Cafe and you’re really really really one hundred and one percent sure?” sighed Minji, she had seen all the missed calls and read all the text messages that were sent to her. At that moment, she hated herself for making those that actually loved and cared about her worry.

Yes Minji. I’m really really really one hundred and one percent sure. If I remember correctly, they’re planning to file a case about this too. Why?” confirmed Dara.

“I was scared I mucked up big time unnie. I don’t know what will happen if I messed up the company” croaked Minji as her eyes brimmed with tears, not sure if she should feel relieved about the situation.

She heard the older woman sigh from the other end of the line.

“Unnie. Thank you. I owe you. I’ll catch you soon. Thank you once again”

With that being said, the phone call ended and she faced the men who were looking at her. She wiped away her tears and took a deep breath, concerns etched on their faces as they saw her current state.

“Minji-ah, don’t worry about today and just go relax alright? Go to the spa or do something you girls do to relax” said Donghae as he looked closely at the younger female, she looked pale and tired.

“Yeahs. You should Minji-ah, we’ll handle the matters here. Just go and enjoy yourself today” smiled Junsu.

“But didn’t the investors want an explanation today? I have to stay and speak to them” fiddled Minji. The spa sounded like a really relaxing place to help her relieve some stress and she was tempted.

It’s okay. I already called all of them and told them to come by tomorrow. YOU” Jaejoong said as he pointed a finger at her, “just have to make sure you show up tomorrow. Gather all the information we have and you can study it at home. It’s better if you’re prepared” his voice was calm and soft but demanding.

“B-b”

“No BUTs” 
interrupted Changmin.

She looked at the six men with smiles and concerns plastered on their features. She smiled and bowed to them ninety degrees.

“Thank you oppas. I’ll make sure to do well tomorrow and not disappoint you guys! After all this is done, I’ll treat you guys! Thank you!” said Minji as she picked up her handbag along with the files and headed out the door. She sighed once she was out of their sight and earshot, her smile slowly fading away. She knew better than to run off and relax herself when they needed the relaxation more than she did, they all looked worn out with their eye bags showing.

After hours of confirmation and reviewing of documents, she felt tired yet relieved. She sat in the park, observing the scenery before her as she thought back to the information she had gathered. She had drove off to the Jang’s where she talked with the elder and asked about her situation, however, she was also given confirmation of their actions towards the Bae’s.

But she smiled sadly and looked down ahead of her as she thought of the word’s Mrs Jang had told her.

“Darling-ah, I know it’s not easy as a woman to handle the business because I’ve done it myself but keep trying and be confident in yourself. It’ll work out soon. The Lee’s are very lucky to have you as their daughter-in-law, Taemin must love you a lot”.

If only....If only he did....

She breathed out another sigh and tightened her grip on her cup of coffee before bringing the warm substance towards her lips. She smiled as the warmth from the beverage helped calm her body. With her mind occupied, she became oblivious to her surroundings until an arm wrapped around her wrist and pulled her up from her comfortable position, bringing her out of her reverie but into shock as a pair of unknown lips touched hers....

Author's Note
HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEARS!

Summer School just ended for me and it was an awesome experience; met new people and participated in awesome workshops! :D

I have also been writing another story which I'm quite happy about! Thysa & Julie should know. ;)

& I know some readers have requests for Kikwang and Kai as the other person for Minji. I'm not a big fan of BEAST (though I used to be) and as for KAI, EXO hasn't even debutted yet! Though he looks like Taemin's long lost brother. LOL. I'll try and fit them in BUT I've already had someone else in mind from the very beginning...