17; The Truth?

Within Their Hearts

Minji’s POV

I stared at the sleeping figure with writings all over his body...”er”, “playboy”, “revenge is sweet”, “we rule”, “you ”, “payback”, "loser", "pretty boy", “corn is the best”, “chicken’s better”, “peace out”, “hello” and “sup”. He was bounded to a wooden chair, both of his hands tied to the back. His head rested against the chair, snoring softly. I looked at his flawless face, thanking that the guys hadn’t stripped him off of his boxers as I slowly looked down to his body where a faint six pack showed. So he works out.

I smiled softly as I walked towards him, tracing his forehead to the tip of his nose. No wonder he was the biggest player out there. He had this innocent yet fierce vibe to him. Looks can surely be deceiving. I sighed.

Thank god the talk with our parents went smoothly. Actually, they had all been smiling and approved of kidnapping Taemin. Parents. But appa had frowned at the mention of the Bae’s and asked for a detailed description, to which I politely responded. I honestly didn’t want them to know about the whole situation but they had more experience so maybe it wasn’t such a bad idea. He had only nodded to the information given and seemed fine with the whole situation.

I woke up from my thoughts when I heard a whisper of a name....I watch his every move as I slowly straighten up, afraid of waking him from his sleep. “Don’t go....don’t go...I love you...” came his soft whimpers as he unconsciously frowned from his dream. I instinctively reached out and placed a finger between his brows, pressing softly to help ease the worries. I saw him slowly relax and I smiled once again, giving him one last glance before walking out of the room.

I drove to the company parking lot and as I was about to step foot out of the car, the ringing of my phone made me stay in position and I quickly answered the call.

“Minji-ah?” asked the husky voice and I instantly knew who it belonged to.

“Yes Jaejoong oppa?”

“Are you at the company?”


“Company parking lot” I smiled as I closed the car door.

“You have to get in here like now. So run”

“Why?”


“The Bae’s chucking a whole commotion in the office. Bae Suzy, the Bae heiress wants to speak to Taemin”

“What? Okay. I’ll be there soon”
I answered as I rushed into the elevator, waiting impatiently for it to take me to my destination; floor fifteenth, the conference room.

End Of POV

Minji opened the door of the conference room and was met with an angry woman who sat with her legs crossed and arms folded against her chest. The six directors all dressed up in suits who were seated on the opposite side of the woman, all stood up upon her arrival. She steadied her breathing and walked to where the men were seated.

“Hello Miss Bae” greeted Minji as she held out her hand towards the woman.

“Hello Mrs Lee” replied Suzy as she stood up from her seat to shake hands.

“I’m sorry. Maybe there were some miscommunications but I wanted to meet with Mr Lee, your husband”

“Oh. There’s nothing wrong. I’m sorry but we have decided that we will not sign the contract with your cafe”
said Minji slowly. She looked so calm and professional but she was so close to peeing her pants with the uneasiness rising in her. The woman before her was pretty with her long brown hair and alluring brown orbs. 

Suzy raised an eyebrow. While the men in the room sat quietly as they observed the scene before them. It was best not to get in the way when woman and woman were going against each other. They knew that.

“Excuse me but I had the discussions with Mr Lee Taemin and not you, his wife. I think it would be better that I speak to him about the contract” stated Suzy as she eyed the woman before her. No wonder her husband is still such a playboy she thought.

“He’s currently busy and I believe as his wife, I have the right to make this decision for the company”

“Wife?”
scoffed Suzy.

“A wife who can’t keep her own husband satisfied huh? Actually, I’ve been meaning to ask, have you guys even ed yet? You know that husband of yours has been so eager these past weeks to get into my pants?” said Suzy as she stared straight at the female before her.

Minji felt herself become tense and her hands unconsciously clenched into fists. She felt as though her heart opened and was slowly spilling its contents. She knew what her husband was like, she knew what he did and she knew about their game. It didn’t seem to hurt so much before but why now? Because someone was saying it straight to her face?

She was reminded of the truth once again, that she would never come back home to a loving husband, that she would never be loved by him, that this arranged marriage was a mistake to begin with and that she fell in love with the wrong person. But there was no time for tears, this was business and she had to remain unaffected if she wanted to get this over and done with as soon as possible.

The males cringed at the argument before them, it wasn’t going the way it should be going. This was unnecessary talk but it was a topic that needed to be discussed. They all looked at Minji, waiting for her next action which surprised them. They were expecting something like the dramas; an outburst or even a slap that would lead to a fight but she did none of that.

She simply smiled at Suzy and the female was suddenly taken aback with her attitude.

 “You’re right. But that doesn’t change the fact that we’re not going to sign with your company. I’m sorry about that Miss Bae” stated Minji calmly.

“Eugh!” groaned Suzy in annoyance as she picked up her handbag and stormed out of the room.

The contract wouldn’t be signed for sure but she smirked, she wasn’t that stupid. She was already in another discussion with a company that was so eager to sign the contract with the terms and conditions that benefitted more towards their company. But how the hell did that woman remain unaffected?! If only she had turned back to look at the figure who stood there with pain and sadness filling those pair of eyes, tears slowly blurring her vision. Minji breathed in a deep breath before wiping away her tears and turned to look at the six men who had stood up and looked at her with worried expressions.

“I guess everything’s done right?” smiled Minji. The men all took the hint to ignore the comments made earlier.

“Yup. You did great!” complimented Junsu as he patted her head. She scrunched up her face and they laughed.

“Come on. We’ll treat you to lunch” said Yunho as he ushered for them to leave the room.

Minji smiled, she thanked that she had met these six amazing men who acted as her brother. They ate lunch in a hearty atmosphere, teasing and joking with each other like buddies who’ve known each other for centuries.

The six men smiled as they looked at the young female before them, she was something....different from the girls they were usually around. She exhibited an innocent yet fierce vibe, making them want to protect and help her and they would because they all knew she deserved better, she deserved happiness and not pain that their boss and dongseang had unknowingly inflicted upon her.

Taemin glared at Butler Yoon and the maids who were standing before him in a line with rage. He had woken up in an uncomfortable position with a painful headache, neck and pair of hands, not to mention that he was nearly if not for his boxers and he had writings all over him. He had let out a scream, causing everyone in the household to bolt to the direction of the sound.

Butler Yoon had not-so-willingly let go of the young man who immediately started rubbing against his soreness and demanded a hot bath. He had spent fifteen minutes in the black marbled tub, relaxing his muscles before spending an hour in the shower scrubbing himself clean of any ink. Oh hell did the scrubbing hurt. His mind replayed the events of yesterday, he only remembered hanging out with his hyungs and falling drunk at the club.

Butler Yoon sweated profusely while the maids carried worried expressions, uneasiness filled them as they looked at the young man before them. He had been questioning them and even threatened to fire them after he had his lunch but he was only met with silence. He groaned in frustration, things weren’t going his way today, not at all. 

His hard gaze drifted from the line of people to the hallway where the sound of the front door opened and closed, followed by the echoing of footsteps. He watched the empty hallway, waiting for the person to appear and there, he saw the appearance of his wife; clad in business attire with a handbag. They stared at each other as she walked into the living room where he was seated comfortably on the couch.

“What’s going on?” asked Minji as she assessed the situation before her.

“Mind telling me why I was down in the basement?” snarled Taemin as he watched her, he didn’t know why but he had a feeling she had to do with him being tied up.

As she was about to reply to his question, the ringing of her phone interrupted her intentions and that’s when he remembered that he still had a contract to sign today. And most importantly, it was with Bae Suzy! The woman who he had been after for a month. With the thought of the female with no clothing, he rushed into his room while dialling her number.

He had expected her excitement, to hear the eagerness in her voice to meet him but no, he was met with curses and the reason behind it. His blood boiled, anger dominating his emotions. He rushed down the stairs, into the living room where he saw her talking to Butler Yoon and the maids. He stomped over to her and glared at her, his face red from anger. Who the did she think she was to make such decisions? He worked so freaken hard to get that woman and the female right in front of him blew it away.

“What the do you think you’re doing?” snarled Taemin as he clenched his fists.

Minji looked at the figure in front of her, momentarily shocked with the anger.

“Excuse me?”

“Don’t play dumb you . What the did you do with the Bae’s contract?” questioned Taemin as he stared at her.

Realisation kicked in and she dismissed the maids along with Butler Yoon, they didn’t need to see or hear this. She turned to look at the angry figure before her as she heard the front door close.

“I told her we weren’t going to sign it” replied Minji calmly.

“And what makes you think you can do that?”

“I’m your wife” reminded Minji as she returned his stare, she felt him tense for awhile before her head turned towards one direction, stinging from the pain when his palm met her cheek.

She turned to look at him, glaring at him but she was met with a pair of eyes that scared her. He looked so angry, like fires were dominating his eyes.

“You have no en right to call yourself that. By name you’re my wife but I have no damn feelings for you and I haven’t even claimed what a husband should’ve and I’m not ever planning to do so. If it weren’t for my parents, I wouldn’t even be here talking to you. The company’s mine, it’s under the Lee’s. Don’t you lay a dirty finger on it. I make the decisions for my company” barked Taemin as he looked at the emotionless girl before him but he could see the slight wetness in those pair of dark brown eyes.

“You’ve been in the company for around a month and you think you’re oh so mighty? Change your en attitude . No wonder your parents had to put you in an arranged marriage” he scoffed.

He leaned into her and whispered in a dangerously low voice “Watch your moves and behave ” before he turned and walked out of the house, not even glancing back at her.