4; Little Lost

Within Their Hearts

Taemin’s POV


I was kind of expecting to see her but I was still surprised. I know she was surprised to see me... maybe even shocked? Well it just adds more to the fun for me doesn’t it? And really Minji-ah, who wouldn’t know that something’s wrong between us if you continue to look outside the window and ignore me? Your husband who’s right in front of you. Can’t you at least force a smile? Gosh woman.

From time to time I’d glance at her while enjoying my breakfast and talking to my hyungs to see what she’s up to. She suddenly looks at me, meeting my eyes as if catching me in the act of looking at her, sending me a message through her eyes, telling me to stop whatever I’m doing.

I, of course understand what she’s saying but I ignore her and continue to stare at her and before I know it, we started a staring contest. Only to be interrupted by Bom noona who was sitting beside her. I saw that noona whispered something to her which made her smile so happily ...

She looks at me again before turning to glance at the window, staying there for a few moments before turning back to glance at everyone. She leans in closer to whisper something to Bom noona before standing up from her seat, making everyone look at her.

Minj’s POV

I know it’s rude to leave your friends after you’ve promised to spend the day with them but I saw the child from before, outside on the streets, looking lost. I thought he was just wondering around or maybe playing hide and seek with his parents but then I saw him sit on the bench and start to sob with his shoulders moving up and down.

I don’t know why but I felt like going out there to talk to him and ask him what’s wrong. And plus, how are we going to have some girl time with all the guys around? So I told Bommie unnie that I’d be leaving first cause I have some matters to deal with and she didn’t look too happy but I told her that I’d make it up to her and she smiled.

I stood up and the whole gang looked at me.. okay... awkward much? “Ums. I have some matters to finish so yeahs. I’ll be leaving first. Sorry. See you guys later.” I replied looking at the gang before turning to face him. “And see you later honey.”

Minji dashed out of the restaurant and across the streets to where the little boy was sitting with his knees up. She sat beside the boy and watched as he continued to sob. As if sensing that there was a new presence beside him, the boy lifted his head and turned to his right to be greeted by Minji who was smiling at him. Minji turned to her bag and pulled out a packet of tissue, handing it over to the little boy before introducing herself and starting a conversation with him.

“Hello. What are you doing here? Where are your parents?”

“H-hello. I lost omma and appa. They were shopping at a store and told me not to go away but I didn’t listen to them and walked away. Now I won’t be able to see omma and appa anymore” replied the boy as tears rolled down his plump cheeks.

Oblivious to her surroundings as she continued talking to the little boy, trying to comfort him...a pair of eyes stared intensely at her every movement. Taemin had run out of the restaurant not long after she had left, giving the gang an excuse that he needed to complete something...when in reality, he just wanted to see what she was up to.

As he saw how she approached the little boy, his heart began to waver, maybe she wasn’t as bad as he had thought? But no, she had ruined his life and taken away his freedom. With the sudden thought rushing back to him, he clenched his fist as his blood started to boil.

After a few minutes, two figures ran towards the bench where two people chatted away like they were siblings. The figures approached the bench and began yelling at the little boy, asking him why he was not listening to their words. Minji stood up as the little boy was put down to the ground and greeted the parents who could only give their thanks.

“Thank you so much for helping us look after this naughty little boy” exclaimed the mother.
“No. It’s okay. I really had nothing to do anyways, and I saw such a cute little boy looking lost so I thought it was best if I helped” replied Minji who gently tapped the little boys cheek.

With a few more words exchanged, promising that they would meet up some day for lunch, the family of three and Minji parted from each other, going their separate ways.

 

Author's Note
Hope the story isn't boring you guys so far! :)
& to everyone in Australia ... Have a safe & fun holiday! :)
&& THANK YOU FOR THE COMMENTS! :D