Fear

From the top to the bottom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The alarm woke me up at 7am. I grabbed my phone from under my pillow and switched the annoying ringing off. School...

I still had my eyes closed when I walked to the toilet and back to my room. I picked one of my new shirts and a cute skirt to wear with it. It wasn't too revealing, just long enough to hide my thighs. It looked pretty y though. I had no idea how other girls dressed in this town, so I was going to be the one to show them how it's done. I picked a long-ish cardigan and pulled my hands through the sleeves. I looked in the mirror. Nice. Something was missing though... I picked up my black hat from the counter and placed it on top of my head. Perfect.

After breakfast something important popped in my mind. I had to go with Jiho.

I jumped up from the couch and glanced out of the window. He was there. Walking towards our house. Woooonderful.

He knocked on the door before trying the handle.

"It's locked you idiot!" I hissed through the door. I really didn't want to open the door for him.

"Good morning to you too!" Sang Jiho. I rolled my eyes and gave up. Just a second after I had opened the door, he pushed himself inside.

"I didn't invite you in!"

"Yeah, that's why I didn't wait to be invited in. You wouldn't have done it in the first place."

"Oh you know me so well!" The sarcasm could be heard from my voice. Jiho noticed it too, I didn't doubt that at all.

"Are you ready?" He asked without the normal annoying tone of his. It was quite surprising.

"Yeah, just give me a minute", I ran upstairs to get my bag and shoes. Then I ran back downstairs (almost fell on my face again).

"Minute is up, gotta go-" He turned his back and opened the front door.

"Yeah yeah, I'm ready!" My heart was beating faster than ever. I was almost at the point of fainting.

We hopped in Jiho's car and he drove out of the familiar neighbourhood. I was already feeling a bit homesick. I knew it was going to be a long day.

Not until then I realized what Jiho was wearing. He was sort of stylish, with his loose jeans and white shirt. He had some kind of jacket on his lap, which was probably taken with just incase it started raining or something. The sky looked like it could start pouring on any minute.

"Where did you buy that jacket?" I heard myself asking. When it came to clothes, I couldn't help myself. Jiho stared at me like I was crazy.

"From US..."

"Which shop?"

"Abercrombie."

"Oh please!" I cried out and shook my head.

"They have cool clothes."

"They're just overrated and expensive. You're stupid to buy like that." I didn't like abercrombie. There were multible reasons why I didn't. Those were just two of them. "Did you know that they didn't use to sell clothes for 'fat' people?"

"Really?" Jiho asked curiously. This time he had almost forgotten his bad boy -image, and was almost normally having a conversation with me.

"Yeah, and the designer is such an . You seriously need to start watching news..."

Jiho snorted and focused on the road. "I'm not really into news. They're boring."

"So you have no idea what's happening out there, in the world? Wouldn't you like to know?"

"No, not really. It gives me anxiety."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. Who didn't watch news? Where I used to live, people watched news every day. All of my friends watched news, everyone that I knew watched news.

"But I can see that you know what's happening in the fashion world..." I said half serious, half joking.

He shrugged. "I wear what I think looks nice."

In a minute Jiho parked the car on the school's parking lot. I unfastened my seatbelt and stepped out of the car. Immediately when I slammed the door closed, I could feel all the eyes on me. Well on Jiho and me. Seemed like he was one of the popular ones.

"So..." I started but Jiho closed my mouth with his hand. I shook it off and glared at him.

"This is where we start acting like we don't know each other." Then he walked away. Just like that. I felt the boiling anger inside me. These people honestly didn't stop surprising me with their behavior.

I slowly started to walk towards the big lobby. It was different from my school. It looked like these people didn't even know the word "fashion". I shook my head unknowingly. 

I entered the front door and stopped to look around. I could already tell that music was a big thing in this school. Some were even playing guitar in the lounge and some were carrying some kind of mixing stuff and mikes. The atmosphere was very relaxed and openminded, I didn't see anyone standing alone or someone having a judging face. Not at all. Almost immediately a girl walked (well to be honest she basically ran) towards me and smiled widely. I gave her my loveliest smile.

"Hi! I'm Hana!" The first word I could think of her was 'fake'. Completely fake. From head to toes, fake.

"Miranda", I said and shook her hand.

"Oh that's a beautiful name! Are you korean? Or americaaan~" she waved her hand in the air as she said America, with her horrible english skills. I chuckled like it actually would have been funny.

"I'm 100% korean." This girl couldn't be one of the popular ones. She was way too annoying.

"Oh okay! Well I lived in America for a while. See my daddy has his own corporation there", she bragged. I had to swallow the saltyness on my tongue. This girl... "Wow that's so cool!"

"Yeah tell me about it!" She said (in english again). "But anyway... I assume you're new here aren't you?"

I nodded with a serious face this time. It was like a ing movie, now this girl would act nice, but when I stepped into the circle, she would smack my face and kick me to the ground again. I already knew how to handle these situations. "Yeah, just moved here this summer."

"Must be exciting? All the new people and stuff", she asked like she would actually care. She did all this for herself. For her image.

"Yeah it's exciting, everyone seems very friendly", I lied. The biggest lie of my life.

"You're right, these people are awesome." I almost actually believed her.

"So... Where's our first class going to be?" I asked to get rid of her. My eyes couldn't stop looking for familiar faces. Which they actually found... "Bambam?"

The boy turned his head towards me. When he noticed me, he smiled widely and walked up to me. Hana just smoothly pulled back.

"Miranda?"

"Yeah", I nodded. "It's good to see you."

"You too noona", he chuckled. Even though we had seen only couple of times before, it already felt like he was closer to me than anyone had ever been. That was possibly because he had seen the weak side of me. Which no one had ever witnessed.

"Do you know each other?" Hana asked from me. It looked like she didn't know Bambam even as well as I did.

I nodded. "Yeah we've met."

Bambam asked me about my opinion of the school and how did I like the music theme (since I had told him I played an instrument). Hana again felt a little awkward standing there, so I kept the conversation on (just to a little), ignoring her completely. Until I saw him.

Jackson.

"Should we get going?" I asked from Hana. She nodded happily and locked our arms (like girls do), then she basically dragged me in the classroom. Before that I waved to Bambam and he giggled to my expression when Hana dragged me away.

To my unwelcomed surprise, Jackson walked in the classroom with his two tough-looking friends. They seemed like they knew they were the . I don't know if they really were, but it looked like they knew it very (too) well...

They sat right behind Hana and I. I didn't even know if Jackson had noticed me. It looked like he hadn't. I secretly stole a glance at him and caught him staring at me. So he definitely had noticed me.

The class started with introductions. We had to tell where we were from, what were our favourite hobbies and what exciting did we do on our summer holidays. I kept my introduction short. Jackson in the other hand told everything about his adventures and crazy parties. His summer sounded like a dream to be honest. I doubted if it all had actually happened. Hana told about her trip in UK and Hawaii. I just shut my eyes and ears. Why couldn't I go abroad...

After the class Hana took me to the lockers and introduced me to some of her friends. They seemed as annoyed as I was. So I wasn't the only one who thought Hana was a bit annoying.

"She's always like that, don't worry you'll get used to it", a girl called Eunmi said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter