Brief moment of pleasure

From the top to the bottom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

”Miranda wait!” Tiffany shouted and grabbed my hand. I had already walked away from the others, and Tiffany was apparently the only one who had followed me. ”I'm still here!”
   ”Yeah, go have fun with your boyfriend...” I mumbled and kept walking. I was really angry. I probably shouldn't have taken it that roughly, but I couldn't help myself. I felt like Jiho had dumped me.
   ”Listen to yourself! Miranda, these things happen...”
   ”Not to you apparently.”
   ”What's that supposed to mean?” Tiffany spun me around so that she was facing me. I looked at her. She had always gotten whatever she wanted. Nobody said no to her. I used to be like that too, a while ago.
   ”Forget it...” I sighed and turned around. Tiffany still followed me.
   ”No, I won't! What's wrong with you?”
   ”I know right! What's wrong with me!” I shouted and walked faster. ”I'd like to know as well...”
   ”Do you want to talk?”
   ”Talk? No, that's the last thing I want to do!” I stopped and glared at Tiffany. She looked somehow annoyed, not worried at all. I was irritating her. ”Just... leave me alone.”
   Tiffany bit her lip. Yes, she was annoyed, but she still loved me and cared about me. She wasn't used to me acting like this. This was the new me, and Tiffany didn't know her. ”Why? I want you to come with us...”
   I sighed and closed my eyes. ”I'm... I'll just ruin your night. Please Tiffany...”
   ”I came all the way here to be with you.”
   ”I know.”
   She stared at me for a few more minutes, then turned around and walked away. Just like that. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. ”Okay, Miranda. Okay, calm down...”

It was happening again. I was alone, drinking my mind blank. Somehow I had found my way to the kitchen and found a whole bottle of soju from someone's bag. All this was starting to eat me inside. What could possibly be more important for Jiho right now? He had been pretty serious about the thing he was going to tell me, but now it wasn't so important anymore? I pushed myself away from the counter and stumbled my way out of the kitchen. The house was so crowded I couldn't even breath properly. Everyone was pushing each other against the wall and against other people. It was really a miracle that I managed to get to the stairs that lead upstairs. One step at a time, I walked up the stairs, not knowing what I was looking for. Silence maybe? Or someone as lonely as I so we could hook up and have fun.
   I raised my fist and knocked on the first door I bumped into. Then I opened it and found two shirtless guys making out. ”What the hell?” the other male grunted.
   ”Sorry, continue”, I quickly mumbled and closed the door. A small smirk crept on my lips. The second door was a failure as well. This time the couple was already in the middle of action. They didn't even notice me closing the door silently. ”Can't any of you use a lock...” I mumbled. On the third door, I didn't even bother to knock, because most likely I wouldn't even get an answer. So I opened the door and looked inside. 
   ”Get lost”, I heard a low grumble from the darkness. I walked in and closed the door behind me. ”No.”
   ”I said get lost!” This time the person stood up and walked in front of me. He was wearing a plain blue shirt and black jeans, very simple outfit, the opposite of Jiho. I stared at his feet and swallowed. I knew who that voice belonged to. ”No.”
   ”You?” Jackson sighed in frustration. ”Out of all those people downstairs, you decided to come here?”
   ”Apparently”, I mumbled and walked past him into the room. It was dark and I could barely see where I stepped. ”Why aren't you downstairs?”
   Jackson didn't answer. It looked like he was in deep thoughts, thinking if he should stay in the room or run off. He was squeesing a can in his hand.
   ”Still hating me huh?” I kept asking him. This time his body shivered in the darkness and he turned around so I could see his face. ”Don't you have anything to say to me?”
   ”I...” he stuttered and looked down his feet. He wasn't drunk enough to apologize me, or punch me, whatever he was about to do. I sat down on the bed and leaned my back on the wall.
   ”I didn't ask for any of this. I really didn't even want to move here in the first place”, I started. Jackson still looked down and kept biting his lower lip. ”Hate me, hit me, do whatever you feel like doing. It changes nothing. I'm still here and you're still there and we both will still be broken.” I took a long sip from the bottle and streched my arms and legs, kicking the heels off of my feet. ”Say something.”
   Jackson raised his glare from the carpet and looked me in the eyes. ”Something.”
   ”Not enough”, I mumbled shaking my head. ”It hurt, you know.”
   ”I'm sorry.”
   ”Wanna do it again?”
   ”No.”
   ”Then come here”, I said tapping the bed next to me. ”You're alone, I'm alone, let's talk this through.”
   ”I'm not good at talking”, Jackson said plainly. He took a step towards the bed. Then another one.
   ”Me neither.” I made some space for Jackson before he collapsed next to me and leaned his back towards the w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter