Facing the reality

From the top to the bottom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The week went by as I was being busy with my re-decorating and stuff. Time went by extremely fast. Couple days I was just lying in the sun, trying to get some tan, and some days went by watching movies and drawing. It was lonely, yeah, but it was better than getting bullied by some imbesill in a park. I never went to that park again. I always walked past it, and if I saw someone walking there, I speeded up and got rid of them.

I didn't saw the Woo family either. The whole house had been empty since the night I met Jiho last time. When I asked mom about it, she told me that they were on a family vacation in LA. The envyness striked like a knife. I had always wanted to go there. It was my top 1 dream. And this dickhead got it.

One day I decided to go running again. The weather was a bit cold, so I pulled on my comfy jumper. As I opened the door, I saw a cool black car driving past our house. It slowed down when they saw me, and the window got rolled open. I looked away and acted like I hadn't even seen them, like I didn't. I just had a feeling who it would be.

"Hey!"

I pulled my hood up and pretended that I was listening to music. Now I was sure that it was him. The guy who asked for my number, what was his name again...

The car was driving next to me, the same speed that I was running. " off", I spat out without bothering to look at him.

"Wow the amount of sass..." he said. It wasn't him. I could tell by his voice. Thank god it wasn't him. I turned to look who was driving the car, and my eyes met the guy. He was one of the guys, the one who had smiled to me. I kept running and ignoring him.

"I'm sorry about what happened at the park, it was stupid", he said from the window. I didn't reply. "Hyungs can be really stupid sometimes."

"Yeah right, good talk", I muttered and speeded up.

"So we're cool?"

"Ha, we're never gonna be cool", I hissed catching my breath. "Sorry, you can go tell your dear friends that you failed the mission."

"Wha- no, I came here all by myself", he said. "No bets, no nothing."

"Sure, bye-" I said and ran to the woods. It was a small path, not for cars.

I didn't look back. I already hated this town. It was way too small and people were horrible. Well of course there were some nice people, like the coffeeshop-man, dog-lady from across the street, Jiho's mother and some other people, but the amount of rude people was too big.

I ran until I felt like my lungs would burst. I sat on the ground and let my breathing slow down. It will be good. When school would start, I'd meet some nice people and get new friends. There are always a few dickheads, I just happened to bump to them all at once. My luck.

I forced a smile on my face and thought about happy things. I would attend to the afternoon music classes and get a prom partner (the most handsome guy on my class) and become a prom princess like I had always dreamed. I thought about the prom night and the magical stars. Getting wasted with the best people around me. All the memories that I'd get. They were all coming, I just had to be patient. And I shouldn't let people around me make me feel down or sad. "I have to be above them", I encouraged myself as I begin to run towards the road again.

The guy had left (of course), while I was running in the woods. It was too bad, because I had been thinking about what to say to him, and actually got some ideas. I jogged my way home and went for a relaxing shower. Mom had picked up some fastfood from town, and dad was still at his workplace, getting to know his workpartners and his next year's workschedule. Work, work and work for him. Mom had also been looking for a job from a restaurant. She had been working in one for almost five years if I remember right. Then during the move she started looking for a place in the new town. And she had found something.

"-So he told them about me and I got the place! How cool is that?" Mom explained with full of pizza. "And they pay good..."

"Wait- who told them about you?"

"Mrs. Woo...aren't you listening to me?"

No I actually wasn't. My mind was running free. "Of course I am."

"Good. So, mrs. Woo told this restaurant that I needed a job, and that I have a good backround as a chef, so they asked me to send a job application. And I did! And I got the place", she said smiling proudly. "Pretty good huh?"

"That's great mom", I said smiling. I was truly happy about her new job. "I also got a job, the lady who lives in the green house, she asked me to take her dogs out once a day. And she pays well."

"Great! And oh! Mrs. Woo promised that you could go to school with Jiho every day. He has a car so you don't have to pay for a bus."

I smiled tensely. "How kind of her..." I seriously didn't want to spend any time with that . Now I would have to hang out with him every day...
   

On the last week of summer vacation, Woo's family came home from their America trip. Mom went to visit them as soon as they had settled in. She asked me to come too, but I politely turned off her offer. I didn't want to hear how much fun Jiho and his family had had in LA. I just didn't.

I decided to go shopping. I needed some new clothes for school. Also school supplies were needed. I didn't even have a pen.

I walked all the way to the center of the town, and waited for a train. Mom had told me to get the train that goes to the city, it was about 20 miles from the train station. So I waited for ten minutes, until I heard the train coming.

I jumped in and picked a free window place. The train continued it's way. After a while of looking around, I spotted a familiar person sleeping next to an old lady. I gulped and turned to look out of the window. The bully-guy. He was sleeping, his cheeck against the window. The arrogant face was long gone and he looked like a completely different person. Maybe that was the reason I didn't recognize him at first. The train bumped and he opened his eyes. Our eyes met. It looked like he didn't recognize me at first. He seemed like a nice guy, a sparkle in his eyes, black hair, soft looking skin... Then in a blink his eyes got filled with anger,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter