The worst of all

From the top to the bottom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I couldn't find my headphones anywhere. Last night I had left them on the night table next to my bed but this morning they weren't there. My head was hurting from stress and fear. The fact that I would see Jackson today made my hands sweat. He would be on all my classes.
    I could also bump into Jiho. Only thinking about looking him in the eyes, knowing I had betrayed him made my chest ache. Fortunately Bambam and Eunmi had promised to stand close to me so that nothing unexpected couldn't happen. I had a possibility of surviving the day without getting heartbroken. Still, I knew it was coming. All the guilt, it was there, inside me. All I had to do was trigger it. And triggering it was the easiest thing in the world, unfortunately.
    ”Yes”, I whispered when my eyes found what they were looking for. The headphones. Now I was ready to go.
    I had to stand in front of my house for fifteen minutes before the bus came and took me to school. I listened to Epik High the whole bus ride.. It made me calm down a little.
    Going to school without Jiho felt weird. It was like going to a whole new place alone. My stomach was full of butterflies and my throat felt dry. I walked across the parking lot and tried to avoid looking people in the eyes. It was harder than I had thought. My eyes unknowingly tried to seek for either Jackson or Jiho. The first person that came up to me was Eunmi. She was standing in front of the big enter of the school her arms crossed on her chest. I couldn't help but smile a little. Seeing her made me feel a bit more safe.
    ”Hi!” she shouted and hugged me. ”Are you alright?”
    ”Yeah”, I sighed. My eyes focused on staring at my feet.
    ”Good, let's go inside then. Bambam's with JB.”
    I nodded and took a step closer to the door. When it opened, I could feel the tension in the air. I had no idea how many people knew about me and Jackson or the situation, so whenever someone shoot me a judging look, I figured they knew something.
    After a second of examining the hall and the people around me, I saw Jackson. He was standing pretty close to me, just few feet away, looking at me like he had never seen me before. It looked like he was in the middle of a conversation, but the second he saw me he just turned his back to whoever he was talking to and walked up to me. I kept my eyes on him as he took those four steps towards me and stopped right in front of me.
    ”Hey.”
    I tried hard not to look behind him. I was afraid of seeing Jiho's face, especially now that Jackson was standing so close to me. The image of his emtionless face popped in my mind and I had to bite my lip so that I wouldn't run straight out of the school.
    Eunmi looked as tense as I was. She was eyeing the hall like I had done a  moment ago.
    ”You haven't been in school”, Jackson said casually.
    ”No, I was sick”, I muttered out. I had to wipe my sweaty hands to my jeans. ”How're you doing?”
    ”I'm alright”, Jackson said and forced a smile. ”A lot better than a minute ago.”
    ”Okay, uhm...”
    ”Hey, hey, hey, before you say anything”, Jackson started talking fast. He his lips and took a deep breath. ”Uhm, can we talk? I really feel like you should know something.”
    He was really good at getting my attention. ”What is it?”
    Jackson took his cap off and glanced at Eunmi. ”Uh, it's private stuff...”
    Eunmi looked like she had gotten the sign. She turned to look at me. ”I'll go find Bambam.”
    ”Yeah, sure”, I mumbled. Eun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter