The cheeky guy

From the top to the bottom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

”Welcome everyone!” The music teacher said with happy tone and a smiling face. He was very tanned and a bit chubby. His eyes were almost black. I couldn't see the white part of his eyes, so somehow he looked a bit scary, like demonic.
   ”His name's mr. Lee”, Eunmi whispered while the teacher started to write stuff on the board. I nodded slightly and glanced at other students in the room. I was sitting next to Eunmi, and in front of us, there was Jackson and Mark whispering stuff to each other, like Eunmi and I.
   It was my third week in the school. And I had changed a lot since moving in the new city. I couldn't even recognize myself anymore. I was unconfident, quiet, shy and all that kind of stuff, just the opposite from what I used to be before moving. I didn't have enough confidence to wear skirts at school anymore, Now I was wearing a pair of old low waisted jeans and a regular long sleeved tee. Eunmi had also got me liking converse shoes, which I had bought now for myself.
   ”Miranda?” Eunmi shaked my arm slightly.
   ”What?”
   ”Jezz quit dreaming! I asked if you wanted to go somewhere after school?”
   ”Who's going where after school?” JB's head suddenly popped between us. I could see Mark also paying attention to our little chat. Jackson's head turned slightly towards us.
   ”N-nowhere”, I muttered and nudged Eunmi with my elbow. She rolled her eyes at me so that no one else could see it. ”Just school stuff, you know.”
   ”No, I was thinking about going to eat somewhere and perhaps to movies after that”, Eunmi blurted out. JB nodded. ”Movienight, eh?”
   Mark rocked with his chair so that his elbow was now leaning on my desk. ”Movienight? Where?” he asked with a bright smile.I froze for a second. This had not happened earlier during these little three weeks. I thought I wouldn't have had to be scared anymore, but it looked like that wasn't in my hands.
   ”Duh, at the movie theater”, Eunmi said playfully.  ”Have you heard about the new horrormovie?”
   I bit my lip. I loved horrormovies.
   ”Yeah, Annabelle, right?” Mark asked. He was already excited. ”I've wanted to go see that for a while but nobody could come with me.”
   ”Were they scared?” Eunmi giggled. I felt a smile hovering on my lips. I quickly brushed it off. I didn't want to hang out with Jackson or his friends. There were plenty of more people in the school I could get acquainted with. Why would it have to be these guys?
   ”No!” JB snapped. ”I didn't have time for that.”
   ”Yeah right”, Mark laughed. ”But you did have time for playing Xbox huh?”
   ”Excuse me, am I disturbing you little chat?” mr. Lee asked suddenly. I hadn't realized how loud we were talking. The teacher stared at us with his black little eyes. His smile had faded away from his lips and it was replaced with a straight line.
   ”No mr. Lee”, JB said ashamed.
   ”Sorry, mr. Lee”, Mark apologized and moved his chair back to where it was supposed to be. I thanked God for mr. Lee. I wish nobody would bring the movienight up again...

After school, I walked straight to Jiho's car like I did after every schoolday for three weeks. It had already become a habit of mine. I leaned my back against the door and looked around. I couldn't see Eunmi anywhere. She had probably left already.
   ”Hey Miranda!” I saw Bambam walking towards me with a bag hanging on his shoulder. The bag looked very familiar.
   ”You left this”, he said with a warm smile and handed me my school bag. I blushed and took the bag from him. I seriously never blushed, now that happened every five minutes. ”Thanks.”
   ”You're welcome”, his soft voice clanged. ”Ay I heard you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter