From window to window

From the top to the bottom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My mom had a ual relationship with Jackson's father.
   I was laying on the couch, eating chips and crying my eyeballs out when dad came home. The first thing he did was sit next to me and pat my knee. “What's wrong honey?”
   And I looked in his innocent brown eyes and cried even more. How could my own mother do something like this? How could she! How could she do that to dad? “I'm just... on my period... it'll go away...”
   Dad hesitated but then stood up and straightened his shirt. “If you say so.”
   “Wait, dad!” I yelled and grabbed his hand. He stopped and looked at me, he was worried. Of course he was worried, I never cried. I bet this was the third or fourth time when he saw me crying. “What is it?”
   “I love you dad”, I cried and hugged him, really tight. He chuckled into my hair and patted my back. “I love you too honey.”
   I backed off and faked a smile. That made him relax a little. I still couldn't believe that I hadn't noticed. How did she even know Jackson's dad? Where did they meet in the first place? What made her do what she had done? When did it happen and where? In Jackson's home? I angrily shook my head and tried to get rid of my thoughts. They didn't help my headache. I felt sick and betrayed. Why hadn't anyone told me? How did Jackson know? And why in hell hadn't he told me?
   After eating the whole bag of chips, I excused myself to my room and kept crying. This time I let it all out. I didn't stop until my eyes were so puffed, I couldn't even see.
   I opened the door to the balcony and let the fresh breath of the wind wipe my tears away.
   “Was that you?” I heard a voice asking. I turned my head to see Jiho sitting on the edge of his window, writing something on a small notebook he was holding in his other hand. His hair was wet after a shower and he was wearing a loose top and a jumper with pajama pants and a cute pair of slippers.
   “What?” I asked, because I couldn't think of anything else. I didn't have any idea, that he really lived that close to me.
   “The horrible bellowing, was that you?”
   I could feel my face heat up, but I ignored his question. “Nice outfit Mr. Fashionkiller.”
   “Thanks.” Jiho quickly checked himself out and continued writing on his book.
   “What's that?”
   “Your outfit is quite magnificent as well”, Jiho said ignoring my question. “If you're not answering my questions, then don't think you can ask from me.”
   “Yes it was me who else could it be”, I spit out. “Now tell me what's that, is it a diary or something?”
   “Why were you weeping so loudly? I almost called the fire department”, he said ignoring me again. “Next time... keep it down would you?”
   “You little brick!” I screamed and went back inside, slamming the door closed behind me. This idiot's mood switches were worse than mine.
   “Come on neighbor! I'm just messing with you!” I heard Jiho yelling. I could hear his voice clearly even when the door was closed. Biting the bullet, I turned around and stepped outside again, letting the cool breeze go down my spine. I turned my head just to see Jiho smirking like an idiot. “You're right, it's a diary.”
   “Do you seriously keep a diary?” I asked with an amused tone. Jiho nodded and continued. “But it's not an ordinary diary.”
   “Meaning...?”
   “Meaning I write poems.”
   “Wow”, was the only word I could think of. The badass Woo Jiho wrote poems.
   “What? No teasing or bullying? You're letting me walk out of this way too easily Miranda”, Jiho said and laughed. And by laughing I mean his dorky donkey voices. His laugh was the most unattractive thing I had ever heard. Still I kinda liked it.
   “I didn't know you're into that kinda stuff”, I said plainly, probably sounding like an idiot. It hadn't even crossed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter