"Let's party."

From the top to the bottom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***FLASHBACK***

It was autumn. Or more like almost Christmas. The short season there is between autumn and the time when people start buying Christmas presents. It was dark already, and the whole city was quiet, only a tacit sound of the police car's whistle could be heard somewhere. There were two guys standing in a cold alley, staring at each other. The only sound they both heard was traffic and their own breaths.
    Jiho counted the money one more time with his shaking hands (they were shaking because it was cold, not because he was nervous) before handing the pile of cash to the man standing in front of him. The man had a fat face with a big tattoo covering his neck all the way to his chin and left ear. The guy's eyes were small and black, well, big enough to make his stare freak the hell out of Jiho. He had never seen the guy without his sunglasses before.
   The guy nodded and handed Jiho a small package. It wasn't heavy nor big. Just small enough to fit into the pocket of his jacket. Jiho nodded back at him.
   While putting the money in his pocket, the tattooed guy turned his back to Jiho and walked off. Jiho put his sunglasses on to cover his eyes before he looked around and walked off too. While walking down the dark alley, he pulled up his hood and sank into his clothes, so that no one wouldn't recognize him even if someone saw him. Jiho had done this for almost three years before it all happened. Who knows, maybe he'd still be doing it if any of this wouldn't have happened.
   He took a taxi to downtown and was left to an old railway station. There was a black-haired guy with a black hoodie waiting for him. Jiho let his hood fall off and he took off the glasses. “This old station is really starting to freak me out.”
   “Yeah, tell me about it”, the black-hooded guy said. He turned around and greeted Jiho like they were brothers. “Do you have it?”
   Jiho nodded with a smirk. “Have I ever let you down?”
   The guy looked around and shook his head. “No.” His eyes kept searching for something, and Jiho knew immediately that something was up.
   “What is it?”
   “Nothing. Just give it to me.”
   Jiho grabbed the guy from his collar. “What are you up to?” he hissed. “You're acting really ing weird right now...”
   “Relax! It's me! Don't you trust me?”
   Jiho let go of the guy and rubbed his neck. “I can't trust anyone while making business. You know it.”
   Then something unexpected happened. Jiho saw someone moving behind the guy, far behind, near the station building where people used to buy the tickets for the train. Jiho's eyes turned from doubt to disbelief. “Have you blown the whistle on me?” he whispered. He stared at the guy in front of him, and got a nod as an answer. “I had no choice.”
   That was when Jiho lost it. First he gave the guy a straight punch in the face. The guy tried to grab Jiho, to hold him still so he couldn't do anything, but Jiho was furious. He couldn't be held still, not a chance. In a blink he squirmed out of the grip and punched the guy again. This time there was blood. Jiho had given into the blind rage, and couldn't see anything. He felt betrayed. The person he had accounted as a brother had turned him in. “There's – always – a choice!” he yelled between every punch. When the guy stopped resisting, someone grabbed Jiho from his shoulders and knocked him out. He woke up in a drunk tank.

***FLASHBACK ENDS***

For a while I just stared at him. Jiho had really sunk into his story. Even his breaths had become faster and both of his hands were squeezed into fists.
   “I have no idea what to say”, I finally talked. I didn't know if I should've held his hand or leaned my head against his shoulder. I didn't know if that would've been the right thing to do. He had been a criminal and it had been stopped. Someone had saved him.
   “And the guy-”
   “-was JB”, Jiho said quietly. He sighed and turned off the television. “I know what you think.”
   I doubted it. Even I didn't know what I was thinking. Should I say it was a right thing to do? JB was my friend too. “Well it's all over now. Shouldn't you two look forward and forget about the past?”
   Jiho didn't say anything. He just groaned and brushed his fingers through his blonde hair. “I never apologized for what I did. And neither did he.”
   “Do you want to apologize?” I asked and looked him in the eyes. The look was something I had never seen in him. I was surprised how many sides of him I had already found out. He was like a puzzle that had some missing pieces. And I was the one who was going to find those pieces. 
   “No! Why would I apologize now? You just told me to look forward and forget about it?”
   “Yeah, I did.” I bit my lip and continued. “But if it bothers you, you really should apologize. It does make you feel better, trust me I promise.”
   “Man, I don't know...” he mumbled and leaned his back against the sofa. “I don't know...”
   “Hey sunshines!” Taewoon yelled from the kitchen. After five seconds he walked in the living room. He had dressed up and his eyes were radiating energy. “Let's party.”
   Jiho couldn't hold back his laughter. And because of that, I couldn't either. His laugh sounded so ridiculous I just couldn't.
   Taewoon was wearing a plain black hoodie, and there was a cap covering his head. “Is there something on my face?”
   “No, that's not it”, Jiho said wiping his tears. “You're so stupid.”
   “Watch your tongue”, Taewoon said this time seriously. He raised his finger as a warning for Jiho. The younger just kept laughing.
   “I want to party”, I said ignoring their argue. Taewoon turned to look at me. “You want to party?”
   “Yeah I do”, I chuckled. Then I nudged Jiho with my elbow. “And so does he.”
   “No I dont'?”
   “Uhm, yes you do? Come on!” I stood up and tried to pull Jiho up from the couch. He didn't move an inch.
   “Need any help?” Taewoon asked rolling up his sleeves. When I nodded, he grabbed Jiho from his arm and pulled him up easily. Jiho just groaned like a child and looked at us with an angry expression on his face. “I hate you.”

So, Taewoon had planned some action for us. There was a rap battle event in the club that night, and he wanted Jiho to attend to the competition. Jiho obviously (being a negative person) said no, but after a long discussion he had to say yes. Taewoon had his ways to persuade his brother.
   “But you need to attend too”, Jiho said giving his b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter