VILE M

From the top to the bottom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

”Should I call him back?” I mumbled while going through my missed calls. Jiho had called me once and mom had sent me a few messages, asking me where I was.

”I don't know, should you?” Bambam asked and his icecream. I passed him a tissue. He absently took it from my hand and wiped the icecream off of his face.

”You're a messy eater.”

”No it's just the icecream I swear, I can't help myself”, Bambam chuckled and gobbled down his icecream. ”When I eat icecream, it's like... nothing else matters, it's just me and my icecream, you know?”

I couldn't hold back my laughter. At the same time I realized how familiar that feeling was for me. It was like Jackson and I. He was my icecream. Bambam glanced at me and raised an eyebrow. ”You didn't just get a flashback from what I just said...”

I bit my lip and chuckled accidentally.

”Ew, noona.”

”Shut up. I thought it's just you and your icecream. Please do ignore me”, I talked back and nudged his arm with my elbow. Bambam rolled his eyes for me and his icecream.

”You know what, I changed my mind. I think we should meet him. You and I”, he suddenly suggested. I turned slowly to meet his gaze.

”Who?”

”Jiho. Or Zico or whatever you call him”, Bambam said.

”You think we should meet him? Here?” Even though I was dying to see him again, I was afraid of what I would feel when I saw him. Would my eyes glitter and my heart beat faster? Or would I get scared and realize that I liked Jackson rather than him?

”Yes! Give him a call.”

”Right now?”

”Yes, right now”, Bambam hurried. He took my bag so that I would get my hands free. My fingers were shaking as I dialed Jiho's number. I had a feeling that he would pick up right away. And he did.

”Yah, I tried to call you!” he yelled before I could even greet him. A smile crept on my lips. I felt relieved. He was his usual rude self. ”Too busy to answer your neighbor?”

”Yeah I have a life, you know”, I played along. I could hear from Jiho's voice that he was smiling. It made me feel bad, to know how he felt and know how I felt. Or didn't feel.

”Yeah I know, and it's right here”, he snarled and I felt my knees tremble. ”So where are you?”

Bambam gave me a weird look when my legs started to shake. I felt ridiculous. This whole situation – my legs shaking because of someone's voice – was ridiculous. I would've never guessed that just hearing someone talk would affect so much. But there I was. Almost melting on the floor because of his voice. ”A-at the mall. With Bambam.”

”Who?” Jiho inquired. He wasn't smiling anymore.

”Bambam. The guy with the.. the pink and black...”

”Oh, Bambam”, Jiho catched on. ”Jackson's friend.”

”He's my friend too”, I said threateningly.

”I know, I know”, Jiho replied quickly. ”Would you mind if I'd tag along?”

Bambam glanced at me from the corner of his eye. So he could hear Jiho. ”Not at all”, I mumbled. I didn't know why but I had a bad feeling about this. Jiho had never paid any interest in Bambam and I figured that the feeling was mutual.

”That sounded like a 'stay the hell away from me' you know”, Jiho chuckled on the phone.

”Are you coming or not?” I asked.

Jiho didn't hesitate. ”I'm on my way, jesus you have to let off some steam woman.” Then he realized something. ”Wait a second, are you alright?”

I froze and Bambam shot a worried look at me. I didn't want to lie to Jiho. I would do anything else but that. I had to tell him everything. ”We'll talk when you get here.”

”Sounds pretty bad”, Jiho murmured. I could hear him getting in the car.

”It's not that bad... I'm just... lost...”

Jiho sighed to the phone. The sound sent shivers down my spine. ”Don't think about it too much, alright? I'll be there in fifteen, we just wrapped up the studio session for the day. I'll drop Minho off and come right away.”

”Okay”, I croaked and immediately cleared my throat. Bambam chuckled at my voice. He had finished his icecream and was now concentrating on my phone call with Jiho. ”Could you hurry a little?”

Jiho laughed and started the car. ”You miss me already?” I could hear someone else talking next to him. I figured it to be Minho. Suddenly I remembered how he had kissed my neck at the club and just left me hanging. Jiho must've been told him about us.

”Just shut up and get your stupid self here.”

”Now that's the Miranda I know”, Jiho said smugly. I rolled my eyes and glanced at Bambam. He had a serious expression on his face. ”I'll see you soon.”

When Jiho hung up, Bambam opened his mouth. ”So you choose him?”

”What?”

”You choose him over Jackson, right?”

I stomped my foot and started walking towards the closest store. ”That's ridiculous. It's not like I can just choose whoever I like! They're people for god's sake!”

”Yeah but they're both into you and you're obviously into them”, Bambam said and caught me up.

”What makes you say I'm into them! You're objectifying them!”

”What?!” Bambam snapped. ”I'm not the one messing around with them, you are! You should think before you act or say stuff, Miranda! You're leading on two guys and I ask you to just pick one and I'm the one objectifying them? Jesus, you should think every now and then!”

I stopped and stared at Bambam. First he looked mad, but then his face softened and his jaw relaxed.

”I'm sorry.”

”No, you're right”, I mumbled. ”I should just leave. Move back to where I came from.”

”Right. Because that's not gonna hurt anybody's feelings. Come on, Miranda”, Bambam sighed and nudged my arm. ”You can do this. I'm sorry I brought this up.”

I just shook my head. I was losing my mind.

Bambam and I walked around the mall for fifteen minutes before Jiho gave me a quick call to meet him next to the Starbucks cafe. Bambam and I walked down the escalator in silence. He was clearly trying to avoid getting into a word fight with me.

When I saw Jiho, I felt a weird rush of relief flow through me. He was wearing a camo print hoodie and a white beanie with a hood covering the top of his head. The way his hand were deep in his pockets and his head hanging low, made me want to wrap my arms around his torso. At that moment I realized that he could be mine if I wanted to. That tough looking idiot could be mine.

”What's up”, Jiho murmured when he saw me and Bambam walking towards him. Suddenly all I could think was his soft and warm lips on mine and how good it had felt. I wanted more and I knew I could have it if I just asked. But I couldn't do it. And Jiho could probably read it from my face.

”Hey”, I mumbled and flashed him a shy smile. ”How was the studio session?”

”It was alright”, Jiho said taking a step closer to me. ”How was school?”

I had to literally restrain myself from snuggling closer to him. Everything about him was pulling me closer to him. The scent of his cologne, his warmth, his voice... Jiho caught me staring at his lips. He smirked at my silence and quickly glanced at Bambam. ”Did you know that it's her birthday today?”

”Yeah, we even prepared a cake but I think she didn't even touch it”, Bambam said with a grin.

”Typical”, Jiho said under his breath. I stopped daydreaming and shot him a death glare.

”I don't like cake.”

”How come I'm not surprised”, Jiho chuckled.

Bambam snorted and nodded his head. ”Me neither.”

”Well not everyone likes birthdays or cakes”, I reminded. My body moved subconsciously closer to Jiho, so that our arms brushed together. ”But thank you, I really appreciate the effort.”

”You're welcome”, Bambam said noticing my gesture. He knitted his brows. ”So, should we go eat somewhere or...?”

”Well, I'm hungry”, Jiho spoke and nudged me with his elbow. ”Have you eaten?” His voice was soft and soothing, like he was knowingly trying to get me all fluttered. I straightened my back and cleared my throat to look more independent.

”No.”

”Then let's eat! I know just a place”, Jiho said. He raised his hand and pointed a direction. Bambam gave me a weird look. I had a feeling that he wanted to leave. I could see that h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter