Pool party III

From the top to the bottom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I lost my ability to act. Jackson threw up again and let out a painfull groan.

”J-J-J...” I stuttered and tried to touch Jackson's face but my hands wouldn't listen. They just hovered over his face and shook like leaves. ”J-JB...”

”Stay out of this!” I heard JB yell somewhere behind me. Jackson opened his eyes and looked straight at me. He blinked like he had no idea what was happening.

”You'll be alright...” I swallowed and finally placed my palm against Jackson's cheek. He curled up and gagged again. I started sobbing. This couldn't be happening. I had to get Jackson to a hospital. ”Call the ambulance!” I screamed as hard as I could. The fighting sounds stopped immediately. Then I heard someone running towards me.

”Jackson... what happened to him?!” JB roared. He was furious. My eyes were locked to Jackson. He looked so vulnerable and weak that I couldn't take it. Tears started flowing down my face, all the way to my chin and my bare chest.

”Call the ambulance”, JB breathed while examining Jackson's condition. Jackson threw up again. JB's hands started shaking.

”I'm on it”, I heard another voice speak behind me. Jiho.

JB jumped up and turned to Jiho. ”You're not-”

I suddenly grabbed JB's arm and swung him around to face me. Then I raised my hand and slapped him. It wasn't a hard slap, but it made him look at me. ”HE NEEDS AN AMBULANCE!” That was all I had in me. I collapsed on the ground next to Jackson and wrapped my arm around him protectively. JB still stared at me with his mouth slightly open. Jiho started talking to someone on the phone.

I ran my fingers through Jackson's wet hair and cried. I couldn't stop crying. I had been holding it back for so long that I just couldn't be strong anymore. I felt weak. If something would happen to him, I...

A bunch of sobs escaped my mouth. Jackson frowned and raised his shaking hand to touch my neck. He ran his fingertips along my collarbone and up my jaw. ”Don't cry...”

”The ambulance is coming”, I sobbed and catched his hand to hold it tight. ”You're gonna be okay...”

”No, you're gonna be okay”, he mumbled and gagged again

I squeezed his hand and bit my lip. He's not gonna be okay, I thought and closed my eyes tight. You know he's not gonna be okay. He's gonna get worse.

I brushed all my thoughts away and focused on Jackson's eyes. He kept closing them tight and opening them like he had just woken up from a nightmare. I caressed the back of his hand, drawing circles on his skin like he would be my canvas.

I drew a heart.

Jackson trapped me in his gaze. He opened his mouth and tried to speak, but the red liquid spurted out.

”Don't try to talk...” I whispered and leaned closer to him.

”I have to-”

”Hey-” I stared him straight in the eyes. ”You can talk to me later. When you'll feel better”, I said and swallowed after. I had never been a good liar. I wasn't a psychic but I had faith in Jackson. Still, something was telling me that this was going to be it. This was going to be the end of him.

I heard the ambulance sirens getting closer. Jiho and JB were standing next to the road with Jr. who had probably heard me screaming to JB. They all were looking around, glancing at me and Jackson once in a while. Jiho was the only one who didn't look at us. He stood there, next to the road, his hands deep in his pockets and head hanging low like always.

When the ambulance came, JB rushed to tell the paramedics what was going on. Two tall men and a shorter woman ran to us and kneeled down next to Jackson. I had to move out of their way so they could properly check his condition.

My heart dropped when I heard the word ”internal bleeding” coming out of one of the paramedics' mouth. They decided to carry Jackson to the ambulance so that no time would be wasted. I watched as the two men wrapped their arms around Jackson and helped him get up. The tears came back and my whole vision got blurry. The woman grabbed Jackson's thigh and told JB to grab the other one. They carried Jackson to the ambulance and immediately attached him to all kinds of monitors and tubes.

At that point everyone were outside. Yugyeom, Youngjae, Bambam, Eunmi, Jr and... I couldn't see Mark anywhere. I looked around once more. Mark wasn't there.

”Miranda...”

I turned around to see Jackson reaching for me with his hand that was attached to two different monitors. My feet automatically took me closer to him. I wasn't thinking anymore. I did everything that my heart told me to do. I grabbed his hand and held it tight.

”Are you family?” the woman asked while writing down something on a form of some kind. I stared at her with tears flowing down my neck.

I couldn't leave his side.

”Let her in!” Jackson croaked and en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter