A "little" wasted

From the top to the bottom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I got the best place in the whole club. I could see the whole stage clearly and hear the music just perfectly, not too loud or quiet. I was alone. Jiho, Minho and Taewoon had disappeared behind the stage to warm up their voice and heads. This kind of battle didn't only need a good voice, but a clear mind and deep focus. I wasn't focused at all. My mind was spinning around from all the things happening around me. Minho kissing my neck, Jiho telling me about him and JB, my mom, Jackson, everything had happened so quickly I just simply couldn't deal with it. The only way out was getting so drunk I wouldn't even remember my own name.
   So I emptied another drink and gave the glass to the bartender. He shot me a worried look. “Are you okay just by yourself?”
   I just smiled at him and raised my finger. “Bring me another drink... whiskey sour!” Then I turned to look at the stage again. The music slowly faded out and almost all the lights went dim. Taewoon was standing on the stage. He received a huge welcoming applause with several whistles and shouts.
   “Good evening everyone, are you feeling good?!”
   The crowd broke into loud screaming and shouting. Taewoon chuckled and raised his thumbs up. “Good, because you're about to feel even better!” he shouted so the loudspeakers let out a lousy beep. “But without further ado, let's welcome our first competitors...”
   I had no idea who the first two contestants were, but they were freaking amazing. The other one even showed a few dancemoves beside his rapping. It really blew me away. The next two contestants were both women. The other one was blonde and beautiful, she had a snapback turned backwards and a big hoodie, while the other had short natural black hair and a really tight outfit. She received a few whistles as well. I hadn't paid any attention to who had won the battles. Everything was starting to spin around, yes, even the stage in front of me. And I was starting lose myself.
   After thirty minutes or so, Jiho walked on the stage. He hadn't even took the microphone from the last contestant, when everyone started to scream “Zico”. So I guess he was kinda famous in the rap circles... He eyed the audience for a long while before saying something. “You know what it isss!” Then the background music came and Minho walked on the stage. He noticed me immediately and winked at me. I just chuckled and rolled my eyes. I had no idea what I was doing with this guy.
   “Huge boy”, Jiho said with his smooth voice and pointed at Minho. Again, everyone clapped their hands and shouted at the boys on the stage. “Put your hands in the air!” Minho roared and Jiho opened his mouth. His eyes were focused on the audience.
   “Aha. Let me tell yall something. Listen. Seems like I wouldn't know anything right? But I already know everything. Your true feelings. The light that you worked so hard for, is covered by my shadow. Inferiority complex explodes. Just say you're envious, I'll give you a pat. If Zico is the leader, then you just play the role of a follower. Don't like it? Then be an extra, it's a feel that digests well. Imma reggae hair, predator, you're an alien!”
   His eyes were now on Minho. I knew it was a game and I knew there had to be a winner. I knew how rap battles worked. But I couldn't not think about how they really felt. Did Jiho for example mean any of his words? Then Minho straightened his back and bit his lip.
   “Huge boy's freshly born again! This calculating rap is technology, when teletubbies take over the TV at your house”, he moved closer to Jiho and almost stepped on his feet. “I'm the Pavarotti that makes the princesses sleepless. Say HO HO HO BOW WOW! I took off and threw away my leash! I'll dig only at one spot, I'll be a star in the sky now. You'll uselessly dig, lay down and just count the stars in the sky.”
   Zico just chuckled and lifted his head up without hesitating a bit. “Your surrounding is silent, my surrounding is noisy. Who's the ruler? Aren't you feeling so bitter inside? You fake a cough pretending not to be nervous. You huff and puff, jump up and down to win me but it's far from over like Drizzy. Aren't I hateful? So you make up nasty comments, you use what you have to belittle me. er, you make a confrontation through rap with that kind of method and bothersome behavior? I'm really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter