Chapter 52: Orphanage Day

Way Back Home (GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 52: Orphanage Day

 

Yerin’s POV

 

Since unnie went back, she was just holding that paper. I wonder what that paper is. She never showed it to us.

 

“UNNIE!” Jimin shouted. “Mark oppa wants to talk to you.”

 

Rhianne unnie went to outside. It’s now my time to look at the paper. I immediately went inside her room and looked for the paper. Ahah! I found it.

 

Scan…

 

 

Scan…

 

Scan…

 

Wait.

 

 

My mind won’t accept anything I’m reading nor my heart. It’s making me cry. Am I reading the right one?

 

“What’s that?” Jimin said as she took the paper from me.

 

“Seoul Heart Center, Rhianne Ruth Ventura. From the test we made, we have concluded that you are positive…” Jimin said. “for having HCM. HCM? What’s that?” Jimin asked.

 

“I don’t know but I feel something bad about it.” I said. “It’s…”

 

Suddenly I felt someone opened the door. I think Rhianne unnie entered the room. I immediately took the paper from Jimin and went outside. I saw Rhianne unnie crying. She’s in pain right now.

 

“What’s this unnie?” I asked utterly. I can’t speak properly. It seems like I don’t want to hear her answer.

 

She smiled at me, “I’m going to die.”

 

The moment she said that, I immediately hugged her. So I’m right.

 

*flashback*

 

Rhianne unnie was so busy searching on the internet.

 

“What are you looking for unnie?” I asked.

 

“I was just wondering about HCM.” she said.

 

“HCM? What’s that?” I asked.

 

Unnie started to explain to me what HCM is. It is a heart disease wherein the walls of the heart thicken. She also told me that her grandfather died because of it.

 

“Then why are you researching for it?” I asked.

 

“Because I also have HCM.” she said with a poker face.

 

I was about to cry when she laughed so hard, “JOKE! HAHA! Your face is priceless.” she said.

 

I immediately tapped her. “That’s not a nice joke unnie!”

 

Then she hugged me, “You made me smile Yerin.”

 

Then I hugged her back.

 

*end of flashback*

 

“You’re not going to die unnie. We’ll not let that happen.” I said.

 

Then slowly she slide down from the door and I can see her in pain. Tears are flowing from her eyes and I can’t do anything. Jimin immediately approached her and hugged her. “Unnie” Jimin continually said. But that didn’t stop her from crying. She continued to cry and cry.

 

I went near her and accompany her to her room. I can see Jimin crying already. I shouldn’t cry. I will be strong for you unnie.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rhianne’s POV

 

Days have passed since that day happened. Since that day, Mark hasn’t texted me. It’s been days and he didn’t even dare to come and visit me too. What happened with him and Wendy? Okay Rhianne, the doctor said stop thinking things that will make you too much sad or too much happy. In short, stop thinking.

 

I texted Jinyoung.

 

To: Bestfriend :)

 

Is Mark there? Have you seen him lately?

 

I waited for his reply. Minutes later, Jinyoung replied.

 

From: Bestfriend :)

 

I haven’t seen Mark hyung since the other day. Bambam said, he went back here late and he went out early in the morning.

 

So Mark is with Wendy every day.

 

Suddenly, Yerin grabbed my phone.

 

“What are you looking at?” she asked. “Mark oppa isn’t meeting you since that Wendy came?”

 

“I haven’t received any text messages from him nor call.” I said.

 

Then Yerin went outside.

 

Mark, why aren’t you answering my calls? Just text me even once. I’m kinda desperate here already.

 

You’re always with Wendy since she came here.

 

Ahh. I can’t help thinking about Mark. He’s everything to me. Suddenly, I heard a noise outside. I went outside the room and saw Yerin shouting at Mark.

 

“You don’t know anything!” Yerin said.

 

“Hey, what’s happening here?” I said as I put my jacket on.

 

“Rhianne-a,” Mark said. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

I immediately looked at Jimin and Yerin. Did they tell about my condition?

 

“You didn’t tell him, right?” I said.

 

“I know it already.” Mark said. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

I was frozen. I was shocked. Mark knows it already. But how?

 

“I’m sorr…”

 

“Why did you go to the streets the other day? Why is JB with you? I saw everything on the internet. You got hit by my fan.” Mark said. “I’m sorry I wasn’t there to protect you.”

 

“Is that the only thing you know?” I asked.

 

“Why? Is there something I should know?” he asked.

 

He doesn’t know. Good.

 

“None oppa.” Yerin said. “Just go out now and be with that Wendy!”

 

Yerin said as he tried to slam the door but Mark was able to stop her.

 

“Rhianne, let’s talk.” he said.

 

“No, unnie needs to stay.” Yerin said. “I won’t allow you to talk to her. If you only knew…”

 

“Here we go again Yerin!” Mark shouted. “If I only knew, if I only knew. How will I be able to know if you won’t say a thing?”

 

Mark is mad right now. I immediately ran to Mark and asked him to go out. I closed the door.

 

“Mark,” I said. “Don’t get mad at Yerin. She was just shocked with… with what happen the other day.”

 

“Are you trying to make an issue so I will not be able to go with Wendy?” Mark said.

 

Mark thinks it that way. He thinks that I’m creating a scene. Here we go again.

 

I bit my lip and tried to close my eyes. “No Mark.” I said. “I just want to be happy the other day”

 

“Then why are you with JB? Is he the one making you happy? You could’ve texted me.” he said.

 

“We weren’t with JB. He just saw us, that’s all.” I said. “And, I texted you Mark. You were the one who weren’t replying. I even called you but your number can’t be reached.”

 

“I didn’t receive any text or calls.” he said.

 

“It’s just that maybe you’re too busy with Wendy you didn’t notice it. And Jinyoung said you came home late and went out early in the morning. You didn’t even dare to come to me or visit me even once since the time we fought.”

 

“Stop being jealous with Wendy, Rhianne.” he said.

 

“Then stop being jealous with JB as well.” I said.

 

“JB and Wendy are different. Wendy is my friend…” he said.

 

“So as JB.” I added.

 

He just sighed.

 

“Are we going to fight over this again?” I said.

 

He stared at me and hugged me.

 

“I’m sorry Rhianne.” he said.

 

I just tapped his back. “I’m going to prepare myself. We still need to go to the orphanage today.”

 

I entered the room.

 

“Yerin-a, I didn’t like what you did earlier.” I said.

 

“But unnie, he was busy with that Wendy.” she said. “And he forgot about you.”

 

“You were the one who told me that Wendy is a friend and now you’re going to be mad at Wendy?” I said. “Wendy didn’t do anything.”

 

I just saw Yerin sighed. “I want you to say sorry to Mark later. Are we clear?”

 

“Fine.” she said.

 

I hugged the two of them.

 

“But if that Wendy shows up again and Mark oppa chose her instead of you, I will really shave Mark oppa’s head.” Yerin said.

 

“Do it if that happens.” I said.

 

Then I saw her smile. Why is my life now a mess? First, Wendy is here. Second, they know I’m sick. And third, Wendy is here.

 

Yeah, Wendy is here. It’s my greatest problem so far. No, I’m sick, that’s my greatest problem.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Orphanage

 

We arrived again at the orphanage. We’re going to have a feeding program for the kids again and I’m so happy with it. But don’t worry, I’m fine!

 

JB approached me, “You should’ve stayed at the dorms.”

 

JB knew it. I told him the moment we went back to the dorms.

 

*flashback*

 

JB was staring at me while we were our way to the dorms. I looked at him. “What?” I said.

 

“Tell me the truth Rhianne. I know you’re lying.” he said.

 

JB definitely is an intelligent person.

 

“I’m not lying, JB.” I said.

 

Suddenly he grabbed the paper I’m holding. It’s the result of my tests. I was trying to reach it but he held my hand tight. I started to have teary eyes.

 

“JB, please. Don’t open it.” I said.

 

“I won’t open it unless you tell me the truth.” he said.

 

And that’s where I told him everything.

 

*end of flashback*

 

 Good thing, I was able to ask them not to tell anyone.

 

“Psh.” I said. “That’s one of the reasons why I don’t want anyone to know about this. Are you going to hide me too?”

 

I turned my back from JB.

 

“Rhianne.” he said.

 

“Just let me live a normal life, please?” I said.

 

“Sigh.” he said. “Okay. I’m sorry.”

 

I just smiled at JB and went to the kids to play a little with them. Then Yerin came to me.

 

“Can I be with you unnie?” she said.

 

“Of co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter