Chapter 35: Christmas with You

Way Back Home (GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 35: Christmas with You

 

 

Days passed and I still can’t find the right answers. Should I or should I not? I’m stuck in this position forever. -_-

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH” I screamed.

 

I rose up from my bed took my phone and saw our picture, Mark and I.

 

“Yah, why do you keep on bothering me huh? Why do I always want to see you?” I irritably said.

 

I throw my phone back to my bed and suddenly, it vibrated.

 

*buzz* *buzz*

 

From: Peter Pan <3

 

You’re just on the dorm right? You didn’t go home?

 

I immediately replied.

 

To: Peter Pan <3

 

Yeah. I’m going to celebrate Christmas here. Yerin and Jimin went home.

 

It’s already December 24 and tomorrow is going to be Christmas. I will not be able to go home because we have an activity on December 26 so yeah, I have to stay here at the dorms.

 

My phone vibrated again.

 

From: Peter Pan <3

 

Good. I’ll fetch you later. Papa Tuan wants you to be with us on Christmas Eve.

 

And I was like, what? Why?

 

I wasn’t replying then my phone vibrated again. Mark is calling.

 

I answered it.

 

“Hello?” I said.

 

“Why you didn’t reply anymore?” he asked.

 

“I was still typing.” I said.

 

“So, I’ll fetch you. 4pm I’ll be there.” I said.

 

“Bu…”

 

“No more buts. I’ll fetch you later. See you.” he said.

 

Then our phone conversation ended. AAAAHH! Rhianne, what to do?

 

I slouch down back to my bed and just imagined things again.

 

What will happen if I answered ‘Yes’ to Mark’s question? Will we be happy? What will his fans and my fans reaction is? Ahhh. This is giving me pains in my heart.

 

*flashback*

 

“Be my Wendy.”

 

I stared at him.

 

 

 

“Be my girlfriend.” Mark said.

 

I was shocked with what he said and I didn’t think he wanted it this fast. I mean, we just met but yeah, we’re dating.

 

“Can’t you ask for something else? Like a skateboard or a guitar or anything?” I asked.

 

“All I want for Christmas is you.” he said then he stared at me.

 

I removed my look from him. My heart is beating so fast and loud and it seems like the whole world will hear it.

 

Dugdug. Dugdug.

 

“I’m giving you until Christmas Eve to answer.” he said.

 

Then he left me there.

 

*end of flashback*

 

Mark really loves to leave me on that place. What should I answer? Should I say yes and be his Wendy? Or not.

 

AAAAAAHHHHHHH!

 

My phone vibrated again.

 

“Uhh, unknown number?” I said.

 

I looked at the message

 

 

From: *****************

 

Hey Rhianne! This is Onii-chan. I got your number from Jinyoung. Are you at the dorms right now?

 

Oh, so it’s Onii-chan.

 

I replied to him but first, I saved his number.

 

To: Onii-chan

 

Oh, onii-chan. Yeah, I’m at the dorms. Why?

 

He replied again.

 

From: Onii-chan

 

I’m outside your room. I have a gift for you.

 

He’s outside the room?

 

I immediately rose up from bed and opened the door. Yes, he was there.

 

“Onii-chan,” I said.

 

“Oh, good thing you’re here.” Onii-chan said. Then he handed me a gift.

 

“Advance Merry Christmas.” he said.

 

“Awww. Thank you for this.” I said.

 

“The moment I first saw you, I wanted you to be my sister. I don’t know why. It’s just that, we have great connections I guess. So that’s why I’m giving you that gift. I’ll be going home now.” he said.

 

I smiled at him, “Oh, how thoughtful of you. I’m sorry I don’t have a gift.”

 

He just smiled at me, “It’s fine. By the way, do you want to go to my place since you’re the only one here? Why not celebrate Christmas on my place?”

 

“Aww, thanks for inviting onii-chan, but Mark already asked me to go there and celebrate with them.” I said.

 

“Oh, okay. By any chance, are you two in a relationship?” he asked me.

 

I stared at him. What should I answer?

 

“It seems like a complicated one.” he said. “Do you want to tell me something?”

 

I guess I need to tell onii-chan about this.

 

“Please enter the dorms first.” I said and asked him to enter.

 

We entered the dorm and sat down.

 

“Honestly, he is already asking me if I can be his girlfriend.”  I said.

 

“And what did you answer?” Onii-chan said.

 

“I didn’t answer yet. I don’t know.” I said.

 

He smiled at me, “You don’t know or you’re afraid of something?”

 

“I guess, both?” I said.

 

“I’m going to ask you one question,” he said. “Do you like Mark?”

 

I nodded.

 

“What do you feel when he’s with you?” he asked.

 

What do I feel?

 

“I feel…” I said. “I feel happy. It’s like I forget everyone when I’m with him. I don’t know but that’s how I feel. My heart beats irregularly.”

 

Onii-chan smiled at me.

 

“Then I guess you should answer him with a yes.” onii-chan said.

 

I was about to say something when he said, “But what about the fans?”

 

I nodded.

 

“I’m going to give you this quote, ‘Sometimes, you gotta cover your ears & try listening to yourself’ I also told that to Nickhun when he wanted to date SNSD’s Tiffany.”

 

Those words kinda me. I should listen to myself. But what do I want?

 

“I guess I’ll be leaving you with that.” Onii-chan said. “Just update me about things. I’ll be your older brother here in JYP Entertainment.”

 

I smiled at him, “Thank you onii-chan.”

 

He went out of the room and left me.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3pm same day…

 

One hour from now, Mark will arrive to fetch me. I think I need to prepare.

 

I started to fix some of my things. What should I wear?

 

I opened my closet and looked for a thing to wear. Hmmm. I guess I’ll just be wearing this dress. It’s a dress with a combination of white and pink (of course) with a little floral design. It’s suitable for any occasion.

 

I wore it and took my bag. Suddenly, the necklace Mark gave me fell. I took it and put it inside my pocket. After that, I waited for Mark to arrive.

 

By 3:45 pm, someone knocked at the door. It may be Mark.

 

I opened it and yeah, it’s Mark.

 

“Ready?” he said.

 

I nodded.

 

I went out and then he gave me a jacket.

 

“Wear it. A lot of fans are outside. We’ll be using the other door so they will not be able to recognize us easily.” he said. “Plus it’s cold outside.”

 

I wore the jacket and covered my head with the hood. Like he said, we went to the back exit where there is a door to the garage. We rode the van. Good thing, no fans where there. They were all in front of the building.

 

“Why did Mr. Tuan asked me to be with you during Christmas Eve?” I asked Mark.

 

“Mr. Tuan? Call him Papa Tuan. Everybody calls him that. He preferred to be called Papa Tuan.” he said.

 

“Oh, okay.” I said.

 

“I told Papa Tuan that you’re not with your family right now. So, he asked me to fetch you and join us.” he said.

 

Awkward silence.

 

 

I took a deep breathe.

 

“About what you asked me before,” I said.

 

He looked at me then said, “Just tell me the answer later.”

 

Then he smiled.

 

I just smiled faintly at him. Then here’s the awkward silence again.

 

*ring* *ring*

 

“Is that your phone?” Mark asked.

 

I shook my head.

 

“So it means, it’s mine.” he started looking for his phone. “Can you please look at that side if my phone is there?”

 

I looked at my right side to search for his phone. Suddenly, I saw a light there and saw his phone.

 

Someone was calling. It was named as Baek Ah Yeon.

 

Isn’t Baek Ah Yeon a JYP artist too?

 

“Here’s your phone.” I said and handed him the phone.

 

“Who’s calling?” he asked.

 

I just pretended that I didn’t see.

 

“I don’t know.” I said.

 

Then he got his phone and answered it.

 

“Oh, hello.” Mark said.

 

“…….”

 

“Advance Merry Christmas too. Where are you?” Mark asked.

 

“…….”

 

“Oooh, okay. Please tell my greetings to them. I’m on my way home.” he said.

 

“…………..”

 

“Yeah, I’ll take care. You too. Goodbye.”

 

Then their phone call ended.

 

I don’t know why but I started to feel jealous. I just pretended to look outside the window and hear nothing. Then I started playing with my phone.

 

“Who are you texting?” he asked.

 

“I’m playing.” I said.

 

He came near me and put his chin on my shoulder. “Why are you so good with that game?” he asked.

 

I was playing 2fuse.

 

“I’m not good.” I said then the time was over.

 

“Let me try.” then he grabbed my phone and played.

 

I was just staring at him while he play suddenly he pressed the wrong button and the phone went back home.

 

He saw our picture there, our first picture together. Then he smiled.

 

“So you still have this one?” he said.

 

I took my phone from him and did not answer. Suddenly he showed me his phone, “Me too.”

 

I saw that his wallpaper was our picture too. I just smiled and looked back to the window.

 

“Is there something wrong?” he said. “Why are you so quiet?”

 

Suddenly I saw an orphanage on our way.

 

“Ooh, an orphanage.” I said.

 

“You want to go to the orphanage?” he asked.

 

I nodded, “I love kids. That’s why I love to go to different orphanages.”

 

“Don’t worry, we’ll be there on the 26th.” he said. “JYP PD-nim loves kids too that’s why he created an event at an orphanage.”

 

“Oh, so we will be going to an orphanage on the 26th?” I said. “It’s good news for me.”

 

“Why do you like kids?” he asked me.

 

“Because they remind me of my innocence.” I said then I looked at him. “They remind me of happiness, that no matter what pain they have, they’ll be able to smile again after some minutes.”

 

Mark just stared at me.

 

“They remind me that no matter what problem we have, we should be strong enough to face those problems and not to run away from those.” I said.

 

“Do you have a problem now?” he asked.

 

“Problem? I don’t call it a problem. I call it a decision.” I said.

 

He just smiled at me and pinched my cheeks.

 

I finally made my decision. I already have an answer.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuan’s Residence

 

We arrived at the Tuan's Residence. It seems like every one was so busy preparing foods for Christmas Eve. I can smell the grilled pork already. We entered the gate.

 

''We're here.'' Mark said.

 

''Oh Mark!'' Papa Tuan exclaimed. ''Come and enter. Is Rhianne with you already? How about Jackson and Jinyoung will they come?''

 

''Jackson's family came here to celebrate Christmas together while Jinyoung was at his place. They couldn't come.'' Mark said.

 

Mark then looked at me, ''Let's go there.''

 

Mark held my hand and we went near Papa Tuan.

 

''Oh Rhianne!'' Papa Tuan said. ''Does it smell good?''

 

I nodded. ''Yes. It smells good. It makes me hungry.''

 

''Don't worry. We'll eat this all together later.'' Papa Tuan said.

 

''Where's mom?'' Mark asked.

 

''She is with Joey, they're buying some shrimps. Grace wants it.'' Papa Tuan said.

 

''Rhianne should not eat those. She's allergic.'' Mark said.

 

I looked at Mark. He still remembered. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter