Chapter 44: Philippines Day 1

Way Back Home (GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 44: Philippines Day 1

 

After a long stay in Korea, now, I’m going back to the Philippines! Yey! But, I didn’t post it on any of my accounts. Somehow, I want to have privacy plus, Mark is with me.

 

*flashback*

 

“I’ll go with you.” he said.

 

“What?” I said.

 

“I’ll ask the permission of your parents to be in a relationship with you.” he said.

 

Swallow saliva. Am I hearing it right?

 

“I said I want to…” then I immediately covered Mark’s mouth.

 

Up until now, everything is still buffering.

 

“Shh.” I said.

 

Then Mark removed my hand and he smiled. “Don’t worry, I’ll be prepared. Goodnight.”

 

Then he left me, on that same position.

 

*end of flashback*

 

We now arrived at the Ninoy International Airport at about 7am and saw my friends there together with my parents and some neighbors. Well yes, it’s really like this. The fans didn’t know that I’ll be going back here in the Philippines so yeah, no fans here.

 

Mark put on his shades and scarf so nobody will notice him. The moment I saw them, I immediately hugged my parents and my friends.

 

“Your friend is with you?” my mom said.

 

Oh and yeah, I forgot about Mark. I suddenly grabbed Mark.

 

“Yes he’s with me and he wants to tell you something. But I guess, this is not the right time and place.” I said. Then I smiled at Mark.

 

Mark looks so tensed. Oh don’t worry oppa, I’m here. Haha.

 

“By the way, we’ll be staying in your grandma’s house since our house is under renovation.” mom said.

 

“Ooh, so we’ll stay at the farms?” I said.

 

“Yes.” mom said.

 

“Cool.” I said then I looked at Mark. “You’ll be able to see what my real life is.”

 

“You live in the farm?” Mark asked.

 

“Not really. But when I was a child, we usually go there and visit my grandparents. It’s fun there. I promise. Plus, the people there are so friendly.” I said.

 

Mark smiled at me.

 

We rode on the van and traveled to our place. It will take hours before we arrive there so I think I’ll just sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 hours later…

 

“Ruth,” my mom was shaking me. “We’re now here.”

 

I woke up and saw that we’re now in the farm.

 

“The van will no longer be able to enter so we’ll be walking.” mom said.

 

She then looked to Mark, “Will it be fine for you?”

 

Mark smiled, “Oh, it’s fine auntie.”

 

Auntie? Like for real Mark?

 

“Just call me mom.” my mom said.

 

Mark smiled. I can feel that he likes that. Hahaha.

 

We went out of the van. It’s kinda muddy. When Mark went down of the van,

 

“Woah!” he said. He almost slipped. Good thing Loidmar was able to catch him.

 

“Ayos ka lang pre?” Loidmar asked. (“Are you fine, bro?”)

 

I hit him. “He doesn’t understand Filipino.”

 

“Ooohh.” Loidmar said.

 

Loidmar then smiled, “Are you fine bro?” he said with a funny accent.

 

Mark smiled at him, “Yeah. Thanks.” with his slang accent.

 

OH MY GOSH. Haha. Mark’s accent is really the best.

 

“Pinapadugo nito ilong ko eh.” Loidmar whispered to me. (He’s making my nose bleed.)

 

That statement was kinda an idiomatic expression. There was a movie here where a girl, whenever she heard a person talking in English and asking her to speak English too, her nose will bleed. So yeah, that’s the story. Haha.

 

We then walked to the muddy place.

 

I looked at Mark. It looks like he is enjoying this.

 

“It looks like you’re enjoying this.” I said.

 

He smiled at me, “I love this place. Look, my shoes are all dirty but I don’t care. No one here was looking for my looks. I can be ugly now.”

 

Whatever you do Mark, you won’t be ugly. Aish. Why are there people like that?

 

“You’re like a kid.” I said.

 

Minutes later, we arrived at grandma’s house.

 

Then Mark whispered something, “This is a house?”

 

“Yes. It’s a native house, a hut to be exact. It’s called Bahay Kubo.” I said.

 

“Cool!” Mark said.

 

“Is it your first time seeing this?” I asked.

 

“I can see huts in resorts.” he said.

 

“This one is a little different though, but still they’re most likely the same.” I said.

 

“Oh anjan na ba ang aking magandang apo?” my grandma said. (Oh, is my beautiful granddaughter there already?)

 

I then hugged my grandma.

 

“Grandma, I missed you.” I said. “Oh and by the way, this is Mark. He doesn’t speak Filipino so you have to speak English.”

 

“Oh” my grandma exclaimed. Then he pinched Mark’s face, “What a handsome little boy. Are you Ruth’s boyfriend?”

 

My eyes immediately opened very wide. Then they all looked at us, even mom.

 

“Ruth?” Mark asked.

 

And I was like, *facepalm*

 

“My name here is Ruth.” I said.

 

“Ahhh.” Mark said.

 

“He reminds of Beom and his brother. He’s also funny.” Grandma said.

 

Grandma really loves the two of them. Too bad they left.

 

“Come, come. Enter.” Grandma said as he was assisting us inside.

 

Suddenly mom dragged me, “Is he your boyfriend already?”

 

“Ask him.” I said then I entered the house.

 

If you can just see my mom’s face, priceless! Haha.

 

We sat down then mom entered.

 

“Mark,” mom said. “If you’re my daughter’s boyfriend, since you’re here in our country, you should do the traditional way of courting. Do the Ligaw and Harana.” my mom said.

 

I was shocked with what my mom said.

 

“Ma?!” I exclaimed.

 

“Ligaw? Harana?” Mark said. “What is that?”

 

Loidmar coughed teasingly and immediately stood up. “I guess it’s time for…”

 

Then Junel stood up too. The two of them made some funny gestures and movements. Like in movies they were like kicking and flying and doing something funny before they say their taglines.

 

“Culture Training 101!” they exclaimed.

 

Now they look like B1 and B2. (I hope you know them).

 

Haha. The moment I saw the two of them, they’re like gays. Haha. It’s really funny. Suddenly they dragged Mark.

 

“Hey, where are you taking him?” I asked

 

“Culture Training 101.” Loidmar said.

 

They are really something. That’s why they are my friends.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CULTURE TRAINING 101 (Mark’s POV)

 

These two guys dragged me outside the house. We then transferred to another house. There are really many huts here. It’s fun seeing these.

 

“Whose house is this?” I asked.

 

“Ah, this?” Junel said as he was pointing to the house I’m referring to. “It’s still Rhianne’s grandmother’s house. It’s like they’re guest house.”

 

Oooh, so cool.

 

“But what are we going to do?” I asked them.

 

“We’re going to teach you how to make Ligaw and Harana.” Loidmar said.

 

“Do you know how to play the guitar?” Junel asked Loidmar.

 

Loidmar shook his head, “You?”

 

Junel shook his head too. Then both of them looked at me.

 

“I don’t know how to play the guitar.” I said.

 

Then both of them frowned.

 

“I think, it’s time to call Baldwin.” Loidmar said.

 

The moment I heard the name Baldwin, I was shocked. So they’re really close to each other?

 

Junel started to dial some number and he was talking. I think it’s Baldwin.

 

“Good news. Baldwin is really on his way here so he’ll be able to be with us.” Junel said.

 

They didn’t even dare to ask if I want to see Baldwin. I mean, look, I am Rhianne’s boyfriend now and Baldwin is Rhianne’s first love, isn’t it kinda awkward? Plus, Baldwin still has feelings for Rhianne. We might just fight. I’m the guy who jealous too much.

 

We sat down and I guess we’re wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter